Insidious!

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i really liked it, one of the very few new horrors out there just now that actually made me jump! although, i will say its a film you need to go see in the cinema
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 480
    Forum Member
    It was an ok movie but not great.
  • UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    Topic starter needs to see more films.
  • ruddigerruddiger Posts: 2,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnloony wrote: »
    Mediocre; a copy of "Poltergeist" mostly.

I agree .

Poltergeist 8.5/10

Insidious 5/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched it last night, enjoyed the first half, creepy with genuine 'jumps' but then it get's silly in the second half and loses it's way.
  • Miles_TMiles_T Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rewatched Poltergeist not long after I saw Insidious, I think my memory of Poltergeist is better than it actually was. On balance I think Insidious is as good if not better.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Worst film ever?

Imbd.com forums are over there.

That's one thing I hate about imdb.com forums. All those "worst film ever!!" threads for every film, even the universally recognised classic films. It's so juvenile.

/rant off
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldoldboy wrote: »
    PS - Did anyone notice the blackboard?

Yes. A nod of acknowledgement towards the Saw series. :D A nice Easter egg.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed maybe the first part, quite jumpy some scenes (but I think that was due to the loud music rather than the storyline) but i think it just lost it in the end. So much more potential to go with I thought, thats the dissapointing thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    eduble wrote: »
    Nope. One of the best horror movies I've seen in a while, even made me jump a bit.

me too..i was handing behind the cushion :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    It was ok. I thought it started really well, with some good creepy moments. The whole idea of 'The Further' though, that just made me laugh. What a stupid name :D
  • ShaiyaShaiya Posts: 3,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was alright, first half was really good. Felt a bit like a Ghost Train in the second half.
    Forum Member
    the bit where
    that red face thingy was behind the cot, made me go all chilly
    :eek:
    Forum Member
    Takae wrote: »
    Yes. A nod of acknowledgement towards the Saw series. :D A nice Easter egg.

oohh missed it :o,, but i did notice that ghost/ puppet whatever it was lol, was like Saw puppet Billy..The one standing there grinning :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had conformation that it's in the post, only £8.99 on play.com. I forgot I pre-ordered it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    way too much sound effects, it was ridiculous.

And the twists at the end were pointless, could easily have ended the film before the twists started happening! It was like the writer ended the script,then saw he had some extra blank pages left so just filled it in with nonsense.

That's what the last 15-20 minutes were. Nonsense.

1/10.

QFT! Boring, derivative film with no shocks, surprises or scares. Terrible film.:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    first half hour was very good then it just went downhill , way too over the top and far fetched , shame really cos i was really enjoying it for a little while .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Worst film ever?? Are you mad? There are far worse films than this. Insidious was awesome up until 20 mins towards the end, because this is where it starts to get stupid
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    More effective in the cinema of course, but I was happy to add Insidious to my horror DVD collection. As for the film being a rip off of this and that, I don't think something has to be 100% original for it to be enjoyable.
  • bob_fossilbob_fossil Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Started off promising...
    ...but the red-faced guy was just ridiculous looking, and not at all terrifying. He was like a pantomime villain from a kids TV show. Was that intentional?