The Walking Dead S3 (US Pace)

Comments

• CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't like the Rick losing his mind thing. The rest was good but the ending was a bit crap this week I thought.
  • loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Croctacus wrote: »
    I really don't like the Rick losing his mind thing. The rest was good but the ending was a bit crap this week I thought.

I didn't like it, but I thought it was well done. He's come close to the edge in the last year, now everyone is relying on him and he's on the tipping point.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member

I think it was inevitable. All these people looking to Rick for answers and guidance and the man is dealing with the loss of his best friend, his wife, his friends, his former world. I would defy anyone not to completely lose it in that situation and I'm glad the writers have gone down that route as it is more realistic than if he had simply shrugged it all off and did a skip and a hop down the road.

I don't think this show has had any bad episodes this season. It's been fantastic. I'm glued to every scene.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great new episode... Looking at next weeks trailer i'm worried that Glenn is going to take over Tyreese' prison story.

Comic Book.
    Tyreese & Michonne go on a revenge fueled trip to try kill the Governer. Tyreese get's captured and the governer executes Tyreese outside the prison by cutting his head off.

Michonne & Glenn look to be going on a revenge mission. Goodbye Glenn.
  • excelentsexcelents Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Walking Dead (a spoiler from the show) even gets a mention in the latest Episode of The Big Bang Theory.

The premise of the Big Bang episode is that Leonard and Sheldon fall out after Sheldon reveals a spoiler from the Harry Potter books.

After they reconcile their views he then reveals the spoiler from TWD and its quite a recent one.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So happy to have TWD back! :)

I'm just loving The Governer, he's both a great villain and rather hot. You know, when you get past the fact that he's unstable. :cool: :D

Also, I've just seen that the episode apparently got 15.22 million viewers. That's an all-time high, right? Fantastic figures! The show really has gained more and more fans since it began! :)
  • SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It makes sense. Sootysoo makes a compelling and valid argument. In no particular order: 1) Rick hasn't had a moment to grieve the death of his wife. 2) He killed his best friend. 3) He is trying to keep everyone safe even though you have many in the ranks with their own ideas of how to do things. 4) Now, Daryl left. 5) Glenn is pissed off because Rick didn't kill the Governor. He's pissed off because he (Glenn) couldn't defend Maggie. Rick has to deal with those issues now. 6) He doesn't trust Michonne. 7) There are new survivors in the prision that he's suspicious of. 8) T-Dog and Dale are dead. 9) He has to deal with someone called The Governor.

At the Woodbury rescue/shoot out, Rick let a guy let go of a shot that eventually ended up killing Oscar because he thought that he was looking at Shane walking toward him. That moment of hesitation resulted in Oscar's death. He's responsible for that death. He is now hallucinating the appearance of Lori. Previously, after Lori's death, maybe in his own way in coping with what just happened, he had conversations with Amy, Jim, Jacqui and Lori.

So, Croctacus, the above gives you somewhat of a picture of where Rick's head is at. He's not in a good place now. He is having an emotional breakdown which is dangerous to the entire group's survival. Especially, with the inevitable showdown between Rick and The Governor.

The Walking Dead does not really (or solely) refer to the zombies. Not in my estimation anyway. ;)
  • SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So happy to have TWD back! :)

I'm just loving The Governer, he's both a great villain and rather hot. You know, when you get past the fact that he's unstable. :cool: :D

LOL...my sentiments exactly. :D
    Also, I've just seen that the episode apparently got 15.22 million viewers. That's an all-time high, right? Fantastic figures! The show really has gained more and more fans since it began! :)

I haven't read anything about the ratings, but I am not surprised by its high numbers. TWD's ratings are the envy of many networks.
  • mindsetmindset Posts: 23,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was annoyed by Darryl's behaviour in this episode, which goes against the nature of the hallucination he experienced whilst searching for Sophia.

I'm intrigued by the hint that Beth might want to offer Rick considerably more than her babysitting services.....

I was amused that Andrea got to play at being the governor for a few minutes, but when push came to shove, he still had to show her how it's done. I really hope they kill her off soon.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mindset wrote: »
    I'm intrigued by the hint that Beth might want to offer Rick considerably more than her babysitting services.....

I certainly got that vibe.

I don't think Carl will be too happy.
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see that "The Walking Dead" is still a monster hit and getting even more popular. According to VARIETY, last night's episode was the most watched in the show's history. 12.3 million viewers tuned into it. The show's previous record was 10.9 million. :)

LINK
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is amazing viewing figures!

Melissa McBride is such a brilliant actress. She wipes the floor with the other women in the show. She says so much with just a facial expression.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol, wow, amazing ratings. Most of the shows on network TV would beg to have ratings like TWD. You don't see many shows that continue to gain new viewers season after season like TWD does. Usually, it's the other way.

As a TV exec once said, "It's not about how many viewers you can get, but how many viewers you can keep." Fortunately, TWD is an exception to that rule :D.
  • Hugh LetdownHugh Letdown Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Melissa McBride is such a brilliant actress. She wipes the floor with the other women in the show.

She's good but I don't think she needs to wipe the floor with the "other women"? What's that about?

I think she wipes the floor, utterly disgraces, and then shits all over the women... and children. :p
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    You don't see many shows that continue to gain new viewers season after season like TWD does.

The video game(s), having won (or placed highly) in many GOTYs is one thing that can explain some of the new eyes-on.
    mindset wrote: »
    I was annoyed by Darryl's behaviour in this episode...

I was annoyed at Rick not shaking the hand of Tyreese. I know it was preceded by a couple of his little spells and then after the no-handshake he really lost it, but Rick is just simply being an asshole too.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The video game(s), having won (or placed highly) in many GOTYs is one thing that can explain some of the new eyes-on.

Fair point, Hugh. That could be one of the reasons why the viewing figures have consistently risen. I guess we can expect many, many more seasons of TWD if those ratings are anything to go by :D. I won't be surprised to see it go on for 10 or 12 seasons.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    S

I was annoyed at Rick not shaking the hand of Tyreese. I know it was preceded by a couple of his little spells and then after the no-handshake he really lost it, but Rick is just simply being an asshole too.
    Yes I was annoyed Rick didn't shake his hand, too.

It was just plain rude and would have given the episode a better ending than the one we got.
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rick's hallucinations may work well in a comic but they definitely do not in a tv series.
    That scene ruined the episode for me.
    I really hope this isn't a recurring theme through this season because it will turn me off the show. :(

Michonne still hasn't mastered speech I noted too. :o
  • DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Hum, a few months away and i was expecting more, the first 5 minutes was good, the rescue of Daryl and his going off with Merle was good but after that the epsiode was just lame, Rick's off the handle act is getting old, it's about time he got over Lori and got on with kicking ass and letting some outsiders into the group (Safety in numbers).
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Love having it back. Great episode. David Morrissey is just awesome as The Governor. I hope Rick keeps it together, but it's not surprising to see him struggling when everyone is relying on him, even more so now Daryl has left and Glenn indicated "he was done".

Hopefully they let the mini-group join. I think Rick and Tyreese could be an unstoppable team!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deccomajor wrote: »
    Hum, a few months away and i was expecting more, the first 5 minutes was good, the rescue of Daryl and his going off with Merle was good but after that the epsiode was just lame, Rick's off the handle act is getting old, it's about time he got over Lori and got on with kicking ass and letting some outsiders into the group (Safety in numbers).

Its not even been a week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Rick goes through these mad episodes, Andrew Lincoln is shown up as a particularly bad actor.
  • loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    When Rick goes through these mad episodes, Andrew Lincoln is shown up as a particularly bad actor.

I couldn't disagree more.
    He would not have been my first choice initially for the part (I remember him as Egg) but he's brilliant in it.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loracan wrote: »
    He would not have been my first choice initially for the part (I remember him as Egg) but he's brilliant in it.

I'm with you, love the angle or Rick going insane, keeps things fresh, as long as he recovers by the end of the series.

Very good episode, less explosive then some, but fleshing out characters and setting up potentiallly many interesting story-arcs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    loracan wrote: »

Completely agree with you. He's a fantastic actor, very versatile.

I love the character development in this weeks episode. For some reason I am thinking Carol will soon meet back up with Merle and kick his arse if he steps out of line.
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't say Andrew Lincoln is brilliant. I think he's good in some areas (generally being a badass leader) and not so good in others (remember when he found out Lori was dead?). In fact, during the first season I didn't think he was the right guy at all, but he settled into the role.

He's not the best actor in the show, but he's certainly nowhere near as bad as Shane was... Of course, it's all opinions.