eHarmony

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, just as well that I'm up on my male models & film stars as I've seen the following pics on POF:

Michael Fassbender
    Ewan McGregor
    Clive Owen
    Matthew McConaughey
    Jude Law
    Jack Branning.......

And they still keep pretending it's them! Idiots.

Another vote for the DS Village Peeps please!
  • AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jude Law? He's follically challenged these days.

Thank goodness for Tin Eye - if someone who looks EXACTLY like Johnny Depp messages me, I can rapidly confirm he's more likely to look EXACTLY like Johnny Vegas.
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michael Fassbender

Mmmmm.
    Matthew McConaughey

I'm imagining a picture from his Dallas Buyers Club role days. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Sorry to hijack this slightly...

Why is it that when I send multiple mails I get zero replies? Think my profile isn't too bad these days, just don't seem to be getting anywhere at all. Have been on POF for well over a year and most success I have had is a couple of very brief chats with some ladies. I don't think I am all that boring, yes I might be a little shy but I would have thought I would get a little more response from my initial mails. I try to reply with something related to their profile and to keep it short and snappy.

I just don't get it, at 34 this year I have reached a point where everyone else has settled down and am starting to think it wont happen for me :(

I see others with people who are blatantly nasty people and I cant help but think what is that wrong with me! Perhaps I should just get a load of cats and be done with seeing as I am turning into a male "spinster"! lol
    Sorry guys, just feeling a bit sorry for myself!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, just as well that I'm up on my male models & film stars as I've seen the following pics on POF:

Michael Fassbender
    Ewan McGregor
    Clive Owen
    Matthew McConaughey
    Jude Law
    Jack Branning.......

And they still keep pretending it's them! Idiots.

Another vote for the DS Village Peeps please!

And it makes it so obvious that there'll never be a date either.

Men - have you noticed any ladies using false pics?

I should have said why I'm not on dating sites any more, I'm still single, but have given up on it, I'd had enough! :o
  • BermondseybrickBermondseybrick Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Saturdays date is off was speaking with her all night last night getting on well she said she was going to hit the sack early (about 9ish ) I said that's fine I'll chat to you tomorrow

Sent her a morning text and asked what time she wanted to meet on Saturday and despite her being" online " when I sent the text not heard anything since

I haven't sent her anything since shall I consider it off if I haven't heard from her by tonight ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thesimian wrote: »

Why is it that when I send multiple mails I get zero replies? Think my profile isn't too bad these days, just don't seem to be getting anywhere at all. Have been on POF for well over a year and most success I have had is a couple of very brief chats with some ladies. I don't think I am all that boring, yes I might be a little shy but I would have thought I would get a little more response from my initial mails. I try to reply with something related to their profile and to keep it short and snappy.

I just don't get it, at 34 this year I have reached a point where everyone else has settled down and am starting to think it wont happen for me :(

I see others with people who are blatantly nasty people and I cant help but think what is that wrong with me! Perhaps I should just get a load of cats and be done with seeing as I am turning into a male "spinster"! lol
    Awww, sorry to hear this. It's ok to feel sorry for yourself over things like this and we all know how rubbish internet dating is. There is nothing wrong with you.

I think you have youth on your side though, there's still plenty of time to settle down, don't feel bad just because everyone else has.

I'm not sure why you're not getting any replies, it's annoying when you've put effort into the messages referencing their profile. Do they view your profile once you've sent the message? What sort of women are you messaging?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like Saturdays date is off was speaking with her all night last night getting on well she said she was going to hit the sack early (about 9ish ) I said that's fine I'll chat to you tomorrow

Sent her a morning text and asked what time she wanted to meet on Saturday and despite her being" online " when I sent the text not heard anything since

I haven't sent her anything since shall I consider it off if I haven't heard from her by tonight ;)

You sent the text this morning and it's not even lunchtime yet so I wouldn't worry just yet. Perhaps she is busy doing something and will reply later today. How long have you been speaking/texting? Personally I used to find the constant texting before meeting really annoying, and just wanted to have a phone conversation and then meet up. Maybe she's like me?

Also, I'd wait until she replies, don't send her another text.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grotbags1 wrote: »
    And it makes it so obvious that there'll never be a date either.

Men - have you noticed any ladies using false pics?

I should have said why I'm not on dating sites any more, I'm still single, but have given up on it, I'd had enough! :o

I can't say I've noticed pics that are obviously lifted from the pages of hello magazine but I am very suspicious of profiles that have one or more obviously professional shots on them.

I've been "faved" by women that have those kind of shots, sent a message and have had an "overly enthusiastic" response and frankly it just sets off too many alarms so I've not pursued them.

BIB: grotty wanna hug -> ((0)) ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    I can't say I've noticed pics that are obviously lifted from the pages of hello magazine

No profile pics of Kate Middleton or the Queen then? :D
    BIB: grotty wanna hug -> ((0)) ;-)

:o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

dude if it makes you feel better I think this is the story for most guys (I know it is for me)
    iv had girls reply (to say thanks for the message it was nice but I don't think we would be compatible to be honest id rather be ignored ;))

I try to console myself with the thought that women get a lot of messages (and most of them are probably "Iffy" so it may take a little while to respond sifting through them
    or
    they are pretty shallow people who judge you on your pictures rather than what's in your profile
    or they honestly aren't interested
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shappy wrote: »
    You sent the text this morning and it's not even lunchtime yet so I wouldn't worry just yet. Perhaps she is busy doing something and will reply later today. How long have you been speaking/texting? Personally I used to find the constant texting before meeting really annoying, and just wanted to have a phone conversation and then meet up. Maybe she's like me?

Also, I'd wait until she replies, don't send her another text.

we have been texting speaking about a week ....and it hasn't been constantly like all day every day ..and we had arranged to meet earlier but other things have gotten in the way so we rearranged for Saturday

as for the time frame (this bit sounds so stalkerish I know :blush:) but she has been "online" a few of times this morning on whatsapp ....maybe its me but I think a quick text to say something along the lines of really busy at the mo ill chat to you later wouldn't go amiss ....maybe I'm just weird but if someone texts me something and I don't have the time to chat ill literally just send cant talk now text later takes a couple of seconds
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hey Simian, BIB is exactly what I think too, however I'm a perfectly nice, kind person & I think I scrub up well :D

You have to bear in mind that a lot of couples are only together because one settled for the first taker, as it were, or the other person will be with anybody rather than be alone. Meaning some horrible appear to have someone that loves them. Of course there are those who get turned on by that sort of thing :)

I, however, refuse to take any part in that stuff. The pain of being in a rotting relationship is far, far worse than the pain of being alone and trust me, I know full well what both are like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    we have been texting speaking about a week ....and it hasn't been constantly like all day every day ..and we had arranged to meet earlier but other things have gotten in the way so we rearranged for Saturday

as for the time frame (this bit sounds so stalkerish I know :blush:) but she has been "online" a few of times this morning on whatsapp ....maybe its me but I think a quick text to say something along the lines of really busy at the mo ill chat to you later wouldn't go amiss ....maybe I'm just weird but if someone texts me something and I don't have the time to chat ill literally just send cant talk now text later takes a couple of seconds

I understand that if she was replying quite quickly before than this silence can be a bit worrying. But I really do think people are different. I don't think it's a big deal to reply to a text after a long time, maybe even evening if the text was sent in the morning. I know I'm quite unique like that but I just don't see why I have to be available to someone at all times of the day, especially in the beginning stages - it's different later on. My boyfriend took 5 hours to reply to my text last night and I'm in a bit of a huff today. :p:D I knew he was in Paris so he has an excuse!

Also, sometimes I'll see a message on whatsapp and quickly read it but literally be running to a meeting or something so don't have time to reply. It might then slip my mind to reply for a while once the meeting is over.

I do sympathise though. It's so difficult to read signals in the beginning when you don't know someone's texting habits.

EDIT: Just noticed I am only 10 posts away from 10,000. I need to get a life. :kitty:
  • MookleMookle Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's alright. It's fine to feel down for a bit. If you feel comfortable sharing your profile i'll take a look and give you a bit of a critique if you like?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nope nothing like that really... I don't even see that many hand bras either.... very few "No Pervs! *while posing in undies*" but I suspect its because I use pay sites and when all's said and done I think people are more committed to finding someone (although clearly some should just be committed!) because they're paying and these sites are not bloody cheap :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm the Queen Of Ireland I'll have you know!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand that if she was replying quite quickly before than this silence can be a bit worrying. But I really do think people are different. I don't think it's a big deal to reply to a text after a long time, maybe even evening if the text was sent in the morning. I know I'm quite unique like that but I just don't see why I have to be available to someone at all times of the day, especially in the beginning stages - it's different later on. My boyfriend took 5 hours to reply to my text last night and I'm in a bit of a huff today. :p:D I knew he was in Paris so he has an excuse!

Also, sometimes I'll see a message on whatsapp and quickly read it but literally be running to a meeting or something so don't have time to reply. It might then slip my mind to reply for a while once the meeting is over.

I do sympathise though. It's so difficult to read signals in the beginning when you don't know someone's texting habits.

See that's the thing we are all different and to be honest when we have "spoken" the texts usually come fast and furious and I agree I don't want her to be available at all time but I know if I don't have time to reply I don't read it (never said I wasn't odd ;))

and the odd thing was she seemed really really interested in me

peoples are weird
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm the Queen Of Ireland I'll have you know!

I've not seen your picture being used anywhere though...
  • wenchwench Posts: 8,928
    Forum Member

PM me a link to your POF and I can critique your profile and see if I can shed some light.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope nothing like that really... I don't even see that many hand bras either.... very few "No Pervs! *while posing in undies*" but I suspect its because I use pay sites and when all's said and done I think people are more committed to finding someone (although clearly some should just be committed!) because they're paying and these sites are not bloody cheap :o

those profiles crease me up

only get men that want 1 fing ...too many prevs on dis site !!!!1!!111!! (sic)

well love if you didn't have pics of you on your bed in nothing but a candy floss bikini then 8 selfies in a bathroom mirror of you in various state of undress you might attract better attention
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See that's the thing we are all different and to be honest when we have "spoken" the texts usually come fast and furious and I agree I don't want her to be available at all time but I know if I don't have time to reply I don't read it (never said I wasn't odd ;))

and the odd thing was she seemed really really interested in me

peoples are weird

Yes, going quiet all of a sudden is a bit strange. Try not to worry until tonight. Right now your mind is understandably playing worst case scenario but really it's out of your control now. I hope she gets back to you soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, going quiet all of a sudden is a bit strange. Try not to worry until tonight. Right now your mind is understandably playing worst case scenario but really it's out of your control now. I hope she gets back to you soon.

I wont be slitting my wrists if she don't ;) as the old plenty of fish in the sea thing comes to mind

its just weird as one second everything is ok the next its radio silence .....:confused:

ill live either way :):D
    Forum Member
    Hey Simian, BIB is exactly what I think too, however I'm a perfectly nice, kind person & I think I scrub up well :D

You have to bear in mind that a lot of couples are only together because one settled for the first taker, as it were, or the other person will be with anybody rather than be alone. Meaning some horrible appear to have someone that loves them. Of course there are those who get turned on by that sort of thing :)

I, however, refuse to take any part in that stuff. The pain of being in a rotting relationship is far, far worse than the pain of being alone and trust me, I know full well what both are like.

Thanks MPG, yeah I can imagine there are a load of unhappy relationships out there and being alone has to be better than being in something like that. Would just be nice to have someone to share things with from time to time that's all - gets ever more awkward as get older trying to explain to people why still not with someone!
    Mookle wrote: »
    It's alright. It's fine to feel down for a bit. If you feel comfortable sharing your profile i'll take a look and give you a bit of a critique if you like?

Hi Mookle, my profile was on a separate thread on here a month or so back - got some useful advice but if you do want to offer an opinion its much welcome. I can PM you the details if you like.

How did life get so difficult is what I would like to know!
    Forum Member
    wench wrote: »
    PM me a link to your POF and I can critique your profile and see if I can shed some light.....

Hi Wench,
    Believe you may have already cast your beady eye over it in a previous POF thread that was on here a while back. You did make some helpful comments which I tried to incorporate - guess it might just be sadly that's the problem! :o
    Oh well, I think a few Dunkin Donuts will help to get me through the day!