Options

My mate has just bought his first house, on min wage and zero hours contract.

1232425262729»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aftershow wrote: »
    Yes, especially when they're discussing someone making up stories on the Internet.

Why is it not possible to set yourself a goal, and go for it. Nobody doubts Branson when he says he worked 16 hour days when he started off.
  • Options
    bluesmurfbluesmurf Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    80 hours a week at £6.30 an hour is around ~ £25000 a year gross after bank holidays, the odd day he may of taken off etc. After tax this comes down to around £20000 a year. So he earned around £20000 a year, cycled everywhere, lived at home, worked 80 hours a week and only managed to save £10000.

The phrase "more holes than a sieve" comes to mind for some reason.
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who the *bleep* revived this shite?
  • Options
    scotchscotch Posts: 10,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who the *bleep* revived this shite?

The original op lol
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    *paul* wrote: »
    Yorkshire bank.
    It's all true.
    I'm not a Tory.

So now you tell us, after dodging the question for pages upon pages because it was "irrelevant".

Could you not have just said the name of the bank in the very beginning? Not that it makes your story any more true.
    Cg_Evans wrote: »
    worked 80 hours a week? doing what? Thats like double the normal....gosh...thats like 14 hours a day..bet he just went home and slept, no hobbies, no going out, no outgoings.hmmm...entirely possible to save all his money, not sure about hm getting a mortgage on his own though

Parents must have guaranteed it

And on a zero hero contract? Yeah right. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Drug Dealer to save that amount and have money to live on, on that wage.... or did mummy and daddy help.
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent!

So all thats needed to buy your own home is a salary of £26k and for you to live in an area where you can buy a house for under £100k.
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Ber wrote: »
    Excellent!

So all thats needed to buy your own home is a salary of £26k and for you to live in an area where you can buy a house for under £100k.

Puts me to shame, and here I was thinking house prices were soaring and the job market was in a sorry state. Silly me.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yorkshire bank.
    It's all true.
    No it is NOT true at all.

Quite why you made this thread in the first place i have no idea other than to purposely troll, whip up controversy, and bring attention to yourself. That you have now finally named the bank as being the Yorkshire Bank after continually being asked, has proved your downfall.

The Yorkshire Bank will neither provide a loan nor mortgage to anyone who is not in full time occupation and they also require two monthly pay slips as proof of income. That is official.

OP.....either you are lying, or this 'mate' (who i suspect is one of your imaginary friends) is lying. I believe it to be the former as you have sought, and got, the attention you so crave.

You've had your 'fun' with this ludicrous thread......now just let go of it as everybody knows that these wild claims were total nonsense.

Up to now you have simply posted in a forum thread and been 'investigated' by other posters who have, quite rightly, always held your wild claims with deep suspicion and contempt. Fraud is a serious matter and the Yorkshire Bank is no different to any other Bank in having it's own Fraud Investigation team.

They may well begin to take an interest in your 'story' that you hadn't accounted for.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    Excellent!

Exactly.
  • Options
    WellHiddenMarkWellHiddenMark Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP should've had 3 replies, the last one being a "This is bait" ASCII from NX.

The fact we're on 29 pages show the desperation and culture of envy that exists in this country.

Who really cares about "Home Ownership"? Mug's game.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP should've had 3 replies, the last one being a "This is bait" ASCII from NX.

The fact we're on 29 pages show the desperation and culture of envy that exists in this country.

Why is it a mugs game? It's a rather profitable game IMO.
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member

No it isn't.
  • Options
    jonner101jonner101 Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With house prices rocketing, I expect mortgage companies are rapidly making it a lot easier to get a mortgage. In the boom it was possible to get a self cert one without any sort of income proof.

If the house is worth 70k and hes paid 10k the bank will win even if he defaults and ends up getting repossessed. a win win for the bank.

I think this is why the government are bringing in this new lifestyle quiz.

You are supposed to do all sorts of things if you have tenants or lodgers but in reality no one will really check this out. Hes very unlikely to get any sort of tax audit given the income he's on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Yorkshire bank.
    It's all true.
    I'm not a Tory.

Well as a long term customer of Yorkshire Bank, and well aware of their mortgage requirements and offers, I most definitely call BS.

YB will NOT provide a mortgage to someone who is not in full time employment, or not self employed with good self employment history and proof of earnings, or a contractor with a good record of continuous employment and a minimum of six months left on their current contract.

When it comes to zero hours contracts they categorically will NOT offer a mortgage to someone on a zero hours contract as sole mortgagee. They may allow someone on a zero hours contract to be a signatory to a joint mortgage, but that zero hours worker must have 12 months of full time work prior to applying and the main applicant must be in secure, long term full time employment.

So either:

1. You are indeed bullshitting, and this story is not true at all. You've had your fun though.
    2. Your friend has indeed committed mortgage fraud, by providing false information and documentation to obtain a mortgage from Yorkshire Bank Plc. In which case he has probably committed a criminal offence, and that is most certainly not something to be proud of.

My money is on 1.
  • Options
    WellHiddenMarkWellHiddenMark Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Puts me to shame, and here I was thinking house prices were soaring and the job market was in a sorry state. Silly me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6wok7g7do