Options

Three things that annoy me about this series

SopheenaSopheena Posts: 91
Forum Member
1) the judges walking on at the start instead of already being at the seats. Tbh it's probably because Bruce always made a joke out of each of them when he introduced them so instead of that now he has gone they "entertain" in their own way just by walking/dancing on.

2) the themed dances even when it's not a themed week.

3) the VTs not showing proper training footage.

I think strictky is just being a bit more themed and the producers are trying too hard. It's trying to be like the X factor with all the themes, but they actually include proper training footage. Strictky is trying to be more "fun" with all the added bits but people fell in love with it because it showed traditional dancing. I like the additions of the charleston and AT etc it's just the over use of themes.

Comments

• Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Music not right for the dances
    2. Insider source stories hitting the rags
    3. Lack of training VTs
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the same things people have been whining about since 2010 then?
  • Options
    SopheenaSopheena Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Mr_Eye wrote: »
    So the same things people have been whining about since 2010 then?

Didn't notice these things as bad in 2010. Really only this year maybe a bit last year.
  • Options
    MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) Mark Wright

2) 'People' wondering if BFF is missed

3) Tess
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 - Tess
    2 - Backing Dancers
    3 - Poor Music selections.
  • Options
    FinalAnswer?FinalAnswer? Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since I can't choose Tess for all three

1) Tess - really shown how little presenting talent she actually has now that Bruce is gone. If it's not wheeling out the same lines after every performance, she's talking over the judges comments.

2) The audience booing whenever anyone (especially Len or Craig) give actual criticism. If each dance was perfect every time it would be a boring show.

3) Training VTs. I agree with the others how little of the actual training has been shown this series. Some of them have been funny, but with each week trying to have funny ones each time, it's just feeling awkward now.
  • Options
    MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 'training' VTs which are not training at all. Just this.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moonbean wrote: »
    The 'training' VTs which are not training at all. Just this.

I must admit I'm not keen on them.
  • Options
    davadsdavads Posts: 8,644
    Forum Member
    My missus and I don't like those quickie interviews with the surviving celebs after the evicted couple have done their final dance. Seems to take away from their final "moment". And I don't like seeing the set all empty in the background :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The training (or not), VTs are getting ridiculous. Every week we get someone saying 'Oh I cant do this dance what shall I do' and the Professional says, 'I know lets go to a club, or a big battleship, or get some pals in'. Why don't they say, 'Well obviously you need more practice, do not leave this rehearsal room'. And members of family really should be banned.

The singers ruining songs, the latest are Defying Gravity and Roxanne. And sorry to say that small person singing the Abba song.

Darcy trying to say pervy things, you are better than that Darcy. Have some dignity.

Tess.
  • Options
    dippydancingdippydancing Posts: 9,428
    Forum Member
    1. Tess
    2. saying
    3. guns.
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People moaning about little Bits of the show that gets ten million viewers and great entertainment

People moaning about little Bits of the show that gets ten million viewers and great entertainment.

People moaning about little Bits of the show that gets ten million viewers and great entertainment.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Tess and her obsession with talking about standing ovations!
    2. Props and backing dancers - they're now at intrusive and ridiculous proportions!
    3. Themed dances and their associated cringeworthy VTs - not a single one of the themes worked last night.

The judges would be my 4th pick, but I can at least fast-forward their entrance by watching on a 5 minute delay...
  • Options
    LancslassLancslass Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    The cringeworthy VTs
    The cringeworthy judges entrances
    The cringeworthy Tess repeating "standing ovation"
  • Options
    bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The judges entrance
    Poor choice of music
    Too many ringers this year
  • Options
    Baz_JamesBaz_James Posts: 4,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Tess and her obsession with talking about standing ovations!
    2. Props and backing dancers - they're now at intrusive and ridiculous proportions!
    3. Themed dances and their associated cringeworthy VTs - not a single one of the themes worked last night.

The judges would be my 4th pick, but I can at least fast-forward their entrance by watching on a 5 minute delay...

1. Cos Bruce never once ever in the history of time mentioned the standing ovations!

2. There were a lot this week because the floor at Blackpool is about 3 times the size of the studio. Can't say I found any of them in the least intrusive and, assuming Len's consistency, if they had been he would have said so (he's forever doing it on DWTS!)

3. The VTs can be a little silly but they don't feature much of the training because it's assumed that you're watching It Takes Two if you're interested in that kind of thing. And I'd have to completely disagree on the themed dances. I found them all perfectly acceptable with Caroline and Pixie's performances particularly enhanced.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too many ringers this year

:confused: You do know what 'ringer' means, right?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A.D.P wrote: »
    People moaning about little Bits of the show that gets ten million viewers and great entertainment

Indeed! And don't forget to mention people moaning about little bits of the show that etc. and is free!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A.D.P wrote: »

That's a good call lol
  • Options
    ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1 Tess
    2 No male presenter
    3 Dreadful music
    4 Toecurling VTS
    5 Tacky props
    6 Bruno's schtick

I FFW everything now but the dancing.

In trying to make it better the producers have made it a lot worse.
  • Options
    4smiffy4smiffy Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tess

Tess

Tess
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4smiffy wrote: »
    Tess

Tess

Tess

I wouldn't go that far
  • Options
    Rocky789Rocky789 Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    The stupid VT's
    The judges entrance dance
    The music not suiting the dances
  • Options
    sueh21sueh21 Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tess

Songs that don't match the dance style

Standing ovations that are orchestrated by the producers
  • Options
    mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sopheena wrote: »
    1)

3) the VTs not showing proper training footage.

Pet Monkey wrote: »
    1.2. 3. Lack of training VTs

I am really pleased that they have been changed and I enjoy them much more than the endless 'we are having such a laugh'........ time wasting videos!............