Options

Car Crash Britain

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 435
Forum Member
On ITV1 now. Looks like a barrel (roll) of laughs.

Comments

• Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon the bike would have made the bend on the cat and fiddle, had the car not been coming the other way.

and does that biker with the camera crash every time he goes out?
  • Options
    WhyIsTVSoAwfulWhyIsTVSoAwful Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know driving instructors have to take the uber-cautious approach, but that guy didn't need to stamp on the brakes to 'avoid an oncoming crash' with that Citroen, it was way in the distance.

No wonder the Merc ploughed into the back of them...
  • Options
    SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know driving instructors have to take the uber-cautious approach, but that guy didn't need to stamp on the brakes to 'avoid an oncoming crash' with that Citroen, it was way in the distance.

No wonder the Merc ploughed into the back of them...

The Citroen actually stopped and flashed, which although wrong in the eyes of the HC, most people accept as a give way sign.
    I think the instructor however, was aware his student had acted improperly and had stopped him to make the point. The fact that they then got shunted is entirely the fault of the driver behind.

But still, must be a cost-effective way to make primetime telly, by just trawling youtube crash vids.
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon the bike would have made the bend on the cat and fiddle, had the car not been coming the other way.

Of course, the biker totally ignored the "Slow down" markings on the road AND the double white lines which he shouldn't have crossed anyway.

and, he should have anticipated a vehicle coming the other way. Sorry, but the crash was inevitable whether or not the car was there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    And luckily for the car driver, the idiot biker missed them, although I bet they're haunted by the sight of him missing them at massive speed.
  • Options
    SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    Of course, the biker totally ignored the "Slow down" markings on the road AND the double white lines which he shouldn't have crossed anyway.

and, he should have anticipated a vehicle coming the other way. Sorry, but the crash was inevitable whether or not the car was there.

I've read a fair few biker forums in my time. Apparently, double white lines don't apply to them, only to "cagers", as their increased mobility and reactions allows them to cross them safely.

As we clearly saw.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Frankly, the bikers seem to pull some pretty dangerous stunts in my opinion. Pulling up between stationary vehicles is incredibly dangerous, they should wait behind other vehicles like every other car or lorry.

Many of these accidents seem to be down to a mix of neither party paying proper attention or care, reckless speed and disregard for other road users.

I always assume that I share the road with other people who are just as prone as myself to making a mistake. None of us are perfect. Touch wood, I haven't been in an accident with another vehicle yet, and I've had my car fishtail into a guide post once, due to wet leaves piled on a tight corner in the road. But then, I've only been driving for 8 years now.