EastEnders Live Week Ratings official Thread!!

Comments

• lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm confused. Surely the live is on tomorrow night, with the date being Feb. 19th- the exact date 30 years ago that EE first aired?

Just checked the website and the fully live is on Friday :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b053jc03
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My bad. I was fully convinced that the live was tomorrow.
  • lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My bad. I was fully convinced that the live was tomorrow.

So was I. Would've made more sense if i'm honest
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic rating. Once you bring in BBC Three and iPlayer figures, collectively, over 10M would've watched last night's show. Essentially, considering the reception seemed largely positive, that almost guarantees a further surge. I'm going to say 10.5M combined viewership for tonight's. By Friday, we'll perhaps be lucky enough to see 13M+. Everyone's talking about it ;)
  • secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pleasantly surprised by the high viewing figure, there isn't a storyline or anniversary episode in the world that would make me tune into Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Hollyoaks etc.

I don't think that the casual viewer will keep with the soap after this week though, not if it is all about the Carters and not the fallout from this weeks episodes.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member

Maybe for ratings, and less viewer confusion (although the plans for this week have been explained well and often), but it probably makes sense to have the live on Friday for the story they want to tell. That should come first imo, the writers/producers telling the story they want to tell, the way they want to tell it.
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So happy but shocked.

It was an amazing episode
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great start to the week
  • CardioCortezCardioCortez Posts: 11,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The reveal is tomorrow and the aftermath is live on Friday.
  • TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm pleasantly surprised by the high viewing figure, there isn't a storyline or anniversary episode in the world that would make me tune into Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Hollyoaks etc.

I don't think that the casual viewer will keep with the soap after this week though, not if it is all about the Carters and not the fallout from this weeks episodes.

Why wouldn't you tune into Corrie etc?
    If you don't watch it , how do you know whether it is good or bad?
    There are brilliant actors and storyline in ALL soaps.
    To say you you would only watch one, and not the others for no good reason is ridiculous!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic news! I didn't expect it to be this high at the start of live week!
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,220
    Forum Member
    Awesome, that strong start to the week will create a good buzz on set.
  • SandsssSandsss Posts: 3,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rajiv Nathwani @rajivnathwani
    · 1h 1 hour ago
    Last night's #EastEnders the most Tweeted about episode of the show ever. And we're just getting started... #EELive
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well done EE! A brilliant figure to start the week!
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will they ever reach double figures again? So close here.
  • robjames69robjames69 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luner13 wrote: »
    Will they ever reach double figures again? So close here.

it certainly wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility for Thursdays hour-long, the flashback or the live? Death In Paradise (which is usually on during the Flashback slot) gets around 8.3m regularly
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    I'm worried for tonight's episode, to be honest. I hope people know that EastEnders is on tonight, it isn't usually on on a Wednesday so people might miss it.
    robjames69 wrote: »
    it certainly wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility for Thursdays hour-long, the flashback or the live? Death In Paradise (which is usually on during the Flashback slot) gets around 8.3m regularly

I'm absolutely certain that the hour-long episode on Thursday will reach 10 million.

1. It's an hour long; more time for viewers to tune in.
    2. A lot of people think Thursday is the live episode. :D
  • lollipop1995lollipop1995 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those are incredible figures! :D Fantastic episode last night and obviously loads more will tune in after the cliffhanger last night and the actual reveal on Thursday, not to mention the live episode on Friday! So happy for EE, well deserved! :)
  • solaresolare Posts: 11,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    I'm absolutely certain that the hour-long episode on Thursday will reach 10 million.

Plus:
    3: It's the reveal of the killer
    4. It's 30 years exactly since the 1st episode

I'm sure it'll reach 10 million easily. Hope it does.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tellystar wrote: »
    Why wouldn't you tune into Corrie etc?
    If you don't watch it , how do you know whether it is good or bad?
    There are brilliant actors and storyline in ALL soaps.
    To say you you would only watch one, and not the others for no good reason is ridiculous!

I didn't say that other soaps are good or bad or that there have good or bad actors in them, there's no need to be so defensive about them. I wouldn't tune in to watch them because I have no interest in getting into any of them. I don't actually watch a lot of television and don't want to get into anything that is on as regularly as they are. I used to watch Coronation Street years ago until it went through a rubbish patch that put me off, it may have improved now but I'm not interested in finding out. Hope this is acceptable to you.
  • Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Knew it would be great! everyone I meet is talking about it.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope last night's (Wednesday's) episode, stayed the same or rose! I'd hate it to dip, because it's out of slot!:(:(:(
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    I'm worried for tonight's episode, to be honest. I hope people know that EastEnders is on tonight, it isn't usually on on a Wednesday so people might miss it.

I hope the 15 minute clash with Emmerdale doesn't do any damage!
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I counted about 6 viewers in my gaff last night, so it certainly got off to a strong start.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    I counted about 6 viewers in my gaff last night, so it certainly got off to a strong start.

It dipped at ours last night. Tuedsay got off to a strong start with two of us watching, but by Wednesday it had slipped to just one watching:( If the viewing figures are different by one for last night ratings, I'll have to resort to drastic action at our house>:(