Options

How are you getting DriveClub?

Comments

• Options
    Ian_TroonIan_Troon Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Thanks for watching Yuffie, at least you'll know how not to do it!!
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Ah I don't find watching much of a help yet. Maybe when I have a good go myself on the track, I can then look and see what you're doing differently.
  • Options
    claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a few goes, havent been on that track before, so it was all new. Nice mix of sharp and long sweeping corners.

Wish the other cars would get out the way though!
  • Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Fun track but I have never driven this car or track before and I'm getting quite a bit of oversteer right now. Hopefully I can spend a bit of time on here getting it nailed down and hopefully a competitive lap time.
  • Options
    Ian_TroonIan_Troon Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    claymore74 wrote: »
    Had a few goes, havent been on that track before, so it was all new. Nice mix of sharp and long sweeping corners.

Wish the other cars would get out the way though!

Great time you've set! I'm struggling to get in the 1:47s again and Lisa put in a 1:45 :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yuffie wrote: »

Points after Stage 2 of the Digital Spy Driveclub Super Championship

50 __ Lisa_B_87 (+25)
    44 __ E5onAMP (+20)
    44 __ rip_murdock (+21)
    41 __ Little_Ifrit (+19)
    41 __ Claymore-74 (+23)
    36 __ gillyallen (+15)
    35 __ Samecat (+16)
    34 __ speedy1013 (+17)
    34 __ xStormxBringeRx (+18)
    27 __ TheGingerWarrior (+13)
    25 __ darf02 (+12)
    24 __ MrkBrd (+9)
    24 __ KaylaKayden (+24)
    22 __ iann34 (+22)
    21 __ Danger_Close1979 (+11)
    20 __ Supernatural_02
    20 __ TommyNooka79 (+8)
    14 __ subcutaneousphat (+14)
    14 __ jaffa-mad (+6)
    11 __ Echo12008
    10 __ Random127 (+10)
    09 __ GolterDammer
    07 __ Supernova79 (+7)
    05 __gds1972 (+5)

Points after Stage 3 of the Digital Spy Driveclub Super Championship

75 __ Lisa_B_87 (+25)
    64 __ Claymore-74 (+23)
    63 __ Little_Ifrit (+22)
    61 __ E5onAMP (+17)
    54 __ gillyallen (+18)
    54 __ Samecat (+19)
    54 __ speedy1013 (+20)
    50 __ xStormxBringeRx (+16)
    46 __ iann34 (+24)
    45 __ KaylaKayden (+21)
    44 __ rip_murdock
    41 __ TheGingerWarrior (+14)
    33 __ Danger_Close1979 (+12)
    30 __ TommyNooka79 (+10)
    29 __ subcutaneousphat (+15)
    25 __ darf02
    24 __ MrkBrd
    20 __ Supernatural_02
    20 __ Supernova79 (+13)
    19 __ Random127 (+9)
    16 __ gds1972 (+11)
    14 __ jaffa-mad
    11 __ Echo12008
    09 __ GolterDammer
    08 __ Mickey_Eyes (+08)
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like I'm shaping up to be determinedly middle-table.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was frustrated on last challenge. I finally mastered the start bridge and crucially the red turn out the tunnel. So much so I was bumper to bumper with that random leader going through the next set of 2 green turns. However I kept totally messing up the rest of the twist section having previously been ok at it. I even mastered the bridge near end to take pretty fast without clipping it. Could just never string it all together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian_Troon wrote: »
    Great time you've set! I'm struggling to get in the 1:47s again and Lisa put in a 1:45 :o

There's an element of luck because of the other cars - sometimes they help out, but mainly I find they get in the way.
    gillyallan wrote: »
    I was frustrated on last challenge. I finally mastered the start bridge and crucially the red turn out the tunnel. So much so I was bumper to bumper with that random leader going through the next set of 2 green turns. However I kept totally messing up the rest of the twist section having previously been ok at it. I even mastered the bridge near end to take pretty fast without clipping it. Could just never string it all together.

I found that it was best to take that bridge at the end flat out - every time I tried to take it clean I lost too much speed - that's where I improved my lap, that and the last corner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Club Position available

We currently have an open spot in Digital Spy 1. If anyone is new to the game and wants to join the club, apply in game.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Gave this challenge a shot and I was all over the place. Haven't played this for a couple of weeks & it shows 😳 Drifting all over the place & having more bumps than I would if I were on the dodgems 😡

Nice track though. Haven't played on that one before
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Welcome back ONTT. It's a new track.

There's something a little bit frustrating about this challenge, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Oh wait I do remember. It's the 11 other douchebags on the track.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome back ONTT. It's a new track.

There's something a little bit frustrating about this challenge, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Oh wait I do remember. It's the 11 other douchebags on the track.

I didn't realise he'd been gone so long that you'd have forgotten his name already...

and if there are 11 OTHER douchebags, does that not make you one too ???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    claymore74 wrote: »
    I didn't realise he'd been gone so long that you'd have forgotten his name already...

and if there are 11 OTHER douchebags, does that not make you one too ???

N ...... M .......... They're the same letter. I didn't know the spelling and grammar police were out today :p

It does indeed mean I am also a douchebag. But I'm ok with that. I am a douchebag on the track
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies Puffie, couldn't resist. (Y...P.. they're the same letter) :D

On another topic, I watched Lisa's MP Time Trial video. I haven't tried it, but that looks like a lot of fun.

Come on private lobbies ....
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    Looks like I'm shaping up to be determinedly middle-table.

I prefer to think of myself as consistent(ly average).

I did get into the last challenge and was starting to get into a groove there, knocking .5 off every lap. Could have gotten into the high 1.40's if I had more time. Maybe there's hope for me on this game. I just need to find more time to dedicate to it.
  • Options
    Echo1Echo1 Posts: 7,722
    Forum Member
    The latest challenge is tough, I can get into the mid 1:49s at best. The other cars get in the too much for me to get any better.
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    It's sheer bloody-mindedness, plus the fact that Ian's breathing down my neck that's keeping me going on the challenge. I'm sure I've broken the record for the number of restarts possible. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I notice u have the cars set up as legend. I had an embarrassing first go at 2 mins but thankfully got down to a 1:50 after a few goes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    It's sheer bloody-mindedness, plus the fact that Ian's breathing down my neck that's keeping me going on the challenge. I'm sure I've broken the record for the number of restarts possible. :D

Oh I dunno. I think we've all had a lot of restarts on this one.

Out of interest, are you coming first in the race ? 3rd seems to be my usual. Getting 1st is hard :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best I've had is 6th and that's bullying my way through on reds
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    Oh I dunno. I think we've all had a lot of restarts on this one.

Out of interest, are you coming first in the race ? 3rd seems to be my usual. Getting 1st is hard :(

I managed 1st once out of probably 2-300 times... and it wasn't on my fastest lap either! It destroyed both mine and the shitty little Caterham's lap in the process as I met it right on the apex of the last corner and pushed us both out wide to the railings. In a way you don't want to win the race, if you meet the Caterham at the wrong time and get blocked in the last couple of corners that's your potential fastest lap gone after all the work to get there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The time I got for finishing 6th in the race was faster than the time I got for finishing 3rd! :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh well, tried for a hour to be my time & couldn't get anywhere near. God knows how many times I hit restart going into the final bend
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    I managed 1st once out of probably 2-300 times... and it wasn't on my fastest lap either! It destroyed both mine and the shitty little Caterham's lap in the process as I met it right on the apex of the last corner and pushed us both out wide to the railings. In a way you don't want to win the race, if you meet the Caterham at the wrong time and get blocked in the last couple of corners that's your potential fastest lap gone after all the work to get there.

Lol - there's a Caterham?