Do women just vote for who they fancy?

Gordon ClownGordon Clown Posts: 612
Forum Member
✭✭
Shayne and Luke are both crap and yet they sail through every week.

Keith is better than both and has been in the skate off twice.

Comments

• J.RJ.R Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well this one dosn't!
    I agree with you about Luke and Shayne - at least Shayne is pleasant whereas Luke seems bad tempered. jmo sorry Luke fans. I don't normally vote till the last couple of weeks but to keep Keith there a bit longer I might do. He is as good as those two. I wouldn't expect him to last long but he deserves to be in longer than Luke, Shayne and Joe. Unfortunately I'm not fussed about any of the others, Matt is good but unlikeable. Beth could be good but hasn't grabbed my attention yet. Samia is over hyped - imo. That only leaves Gareth who I do quite like so I guess I'll be hoping for him to carry on for a while - hopefully to the last four . Once Keith has gone I would probably switch my vote to him.
    Just for the record I don't find any of them remotely fanciable.
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,149
    Forum Member
    What if they do? :D:D I dare say some do but it's no worse than those who vote for Joe because they liked him on I'm a Celeb (or whatever it was) I don't vote myself but if I did I would vote for who I thought was the best skater ........ unless of course I'd taken a dislike to that person for some spurious reason ;)

And what about young men voting for Samia? Do you think? Though I daresay there are loads of young female soap opera fans voting for her as well :rolleyes:
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess some might but I certainly wouldn't and am not voting for the guys in this show whether they look good or not.

None of the guys do it for me anyway this year Matt too up himself, Luke too weedy etc, but even if they did I wouldn't just vote on looks as I say with Matt for example he annoys me too much to vote for him regardless of whether I liked his looks or not or how talented he is.

If I was supporting any of the guys it would actually be Keith and that certainly isn't based on looks but purely on the fact that he has completely surprised me and is actually an asset to the show in a way as he is partly what the show is about learning the skill and progressing with it not just how good can I look in Lycra and blag as many "fit" votes as possible.
  • avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What if they do? :D:D I dare say some do but it's no worse than those who vote for Joe because they liked him on I'm a Celeb (or whatever it was) I don't vote myself but if I did I would vote for who I thought was the best skater ........ unless of course I'd taken a dislike to that person for some spurious reason ;)

And what about young men voting for Samia? Do you think? Though I daresay there are loads of young female soap opera fans voting for her as well :rolleyes:

Dot you think the young men are voting for Beth too?:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

yes, anyone with a rabid fan base, male or female, will get votes no matter how well or bad they skate

I don't vote much on these shows but Keith would get my vote this year as his skating and attitude deserves it
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    No - do men?
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,149
    Forum Member
    avon942 wrote: »
    Dot you think the young men are voting for Beth too?:cool:

Of course but I would hope those voting for Beth are voting for her skill not just the way she looks :) I mentioned Samia as the OP was asking if women are voting for Luke and Shayne based on their looks rather than how well or not they skate ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course but I would hope those voting for Beth are voting for her skill not just the way she looks :) I mentioned Samia as the OP was asking if women are voting for Luke and Shayne based on their looks rather than how well or not they skate ;)

Well I think and hope those voting for Samia are also voting for her skating skills also as she is improving every week.;)
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    avon942 wrote: »
    Well I think and hope those voting for Samia are also voting for her skating skills also as she is improving every week.;)

I agree! :)

I think the 'pretty boys' get more votes than the good looking girls as more women watch DOI generally, but to some extent it probably works both ways. I think Shayne and Luke are being overrated though, because of the way they look.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    No of course they don't. Some might do, but not all. I voted for Keith and Beth this week. Beth because I thought her routine was the best, and Keith because he is just so likeable,cheerful and enthusiastic, and I admire the fact that he came back after the injury the year before.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »

I think the 'pretty boys' get more votes than the good looking girls as more women watch DOI generally, but to some extent it probably works both ways. I think Shayne and Luke are being overrated though, because of the way they look.

This is so true. Luke was particularly shaky last Sunday Keith should never have been in the skate off.:(.
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member

Of course they do, just as they buy shit records because they fancy the members of whatever God awful boyband is currently doing the rounds.

Bloody women! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Tejas wrote: »

Are they both generally considered good looking? I don't think they fit the description of pretty boys at all! Is it just me?

What about the male pros? Several of them are extremely good looking, especially Daniel and Mark. So I wonder if some women vote for them, regardless of who they are partnered with?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope

I;m female and hell yes Shayne sure looked very hot but I though Keith did a hell of a lot better than Shayne.
    But maybe the problem is I dont vote, because if I did I would have voted Keith over Shayne.

But the same question could be asked about the malea are you voting on skating or the size of the girls boobs, butts legs etc:p
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bit of a sexist question! And on that reckoning who on earth "fancies" Joe? Yet he too sails through every week. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. Teenagers and stupid people 'just vote for who they fancy.' Women - and particularly those on this forum - are in the main far more discerning when it comes to deciding who to support.

While I find I generally favour a male contestant over a female one on any reality show, I don't think that's my hormones talking. DOI-wise, I certainly didn't fancy my preferred contenders of John Barrowman, Ray Quinn, Gary Lucy, Jeff Brazier, Sam Attwater, Seb Foucan or Matt Wolfenden. (The jury's out on Chris Fountain and Donal McIntyre, but I don't think I could've supported them if they'd been dreadful skaters :D)

The difficulty we have, of course, is that sensible women don't vote - it's mainly the teenagers and stupid people who pick up the phone. (No offence to anybody who does actually vote on this forum - you clearly do care about the programme and its quality and cannot therefore be classed as stupid, even if you are teenagers :D)
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It cracks me up when anyone either in jest or trying to be serious tries to attribute motives to voters. We don't know for a fact who votes or why, and many people may well vote for different people week to week. I usually vote for someone who's shown progress or determination (or ideally both) whatever their age, sex, attractiveness etc. I can't imagine I'm alone in that.
  • MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Tis true. Luke & Shayne should have been in bottom 2 last couple of weeks (with Joe thrown into the mix of course).

Keith's been better and takes on board what's said to him and seems to be thouroughly enjoying it.

Can't see why anything "skating wise" would be keeping Shayne & Luke out of the bottom two. :(
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    I do wonder who is voting for Shayne, I mean it's not as if he looks happy on the ice. He's like a statue. I'd like to bet not many of them are male.
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This woman most certainly doesn't go by who she 'fancies' (I'm 45, not a teenager!) but I never did anyway! I don't see the 'phwooaar' element that others do in certain skaters, shirts on or off - I need to actually know and talk to someone before I can go off down that road, looks alone (or lack of clothes) do absolutely nothing for me. Not that I ever vote anyway, but if I did I'd be voting for Keith because he's funny, enthusiastic and putting his 'all' into it regardless of his ultimate technique and ability ceilings. That, for me, is worth 10 'shirtless wonders' and always will be!
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,643
    Forum Member

Explain Joe Pasquale if you will.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not this one - I voted for Beth! :p
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    SheShe wrote: »
    Not this one - I voted for Beth! :p

This female doesn't vote but, if I did, it would be for Beth too:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree that Shayne and Luke are rubbish.

As for Keith I didnt want him on the show as I though he was going to be rubbish, But I am behind him big time as I think he done really well.

So do women just vote for who they fancy? The answer is no this female does not. :p
  • 09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm a gay man, not a woman, but same principle :p

I don't vote at all, but I'm only interested in Luke, Shayne and Matt because they look good in their costumes, especially Shayne! I wouldn't be bothered by them if they weren't attractive, but each week I find myself happy they're through!

My favourites are Beth, Samia and Gareth though and I'm not attracted to any of them. I daresay a large amount of votes are women (or gay men I guess) voting for the aesthetics and not the skating.