old adobe element and windows 8.1

malcommalcom Posts: 2,261
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have an old version of elements photo edit software. (version4).about 8 years old
It suits my needs. Does anyone here know if it will install and run on windows 8.1.:confused:

P.S. The version 4 disk is labelled for windows XP

Comments

• REDBUSREDBUS Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malcom wrote: »
    I have an old version of elements photo edit software. (version4).about 8 years old
    It suits my needs. Does anyone here know if it will install and run on windows 8.1.:confused:

P.S. The version 4 disk is labelled for windows XP

Adobe Premiere Elements 12.0 seems to be oldest version that windows 8 can run with
  • MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sometimes you can get stuff like that working with judicious messing around but can be quite messy especially if win 8.1 is the 64 bit

Quite often the installers the main pain
  • malcommalcom Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. Think I will leave well alone the old version on windows 8.

Looking at adverts for the latest elements 13...it seems it is now only licenced for 1 year...Is there not a version where one payment is licenced for the life of the computer......:confused:
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We got Photoshop Elements free with a digital camera about 8 years ago and it was fine until we upgraded to Win 8. It just won't go on 8.
    After seeing that the software is now one of those silly licensed-per-year things I decided to download Paint.net. A bit different and not quite so comprehensive, but it works nicely after a bit of getting-used-to.
  • malcommalcom Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    We got Photoshop Elements free with a digital camera about 8 years ago and it was fine until we upgraded to Win 8. It just won't go on 8.
    After seeing that the software is now one of those silly licensed-per-year things I decided to download Paint.net. A bit different and not quite so comprehensive, but it works nicely after a bit of getting-used-to.

8 years ago when I first purchased element 4 for my then new windows xp computer I still had my old widows 95 computer and element 4 would not install on that either.

fortunately I have completed most of my comprehensive editing of family photos spanning some 40 year. digitizing and scanning.

For now I am doing my basic editing/cropping with the free app irfanview...