Forum Member
    2 hours and its all over
  • Options
    cikacika Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clm2071 wrote: »
    2 hours and its all over

:D Four programmes of semi finals and one for the final? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see the back of it, but how does that make sense?

The whole series has been a mess. All it needs now is for Bec and Jaimie to win and I'll be forced to open another bottle.

Kasey and Karena's futures must be secure though - they're at least serious about learning and improving and have talent.
  • Options
    Claire_albaClaire_alba Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cika wrote: »
    Really unfair on Karena and Kasey (I think - still not 100% sure about names). They clearly out-cooked the other two couples. If they go out next and the couple with the American or Canadian woman - Jaimie? - are in the final I'll, um, well, do nothing except be pointlessly irritated. They should have gone out on the grounds of smugness and being unable to close a blast freezer door.

Sitting down watching the final and hoping for a Casey Karina win especially after the pathetic childish behaviour of that Jaimie creature. She certainly hasnt a clue about dignity, the way she was acting when it was announced they were through ahead of Jordan and her mum was shameful. How they got into the final is beyond me, I really felt for Jordan, the daughter in the ones who lost out to Bec and Jaimie creature. A lot of the time she carried the pairing with her mum and they certainly shouldnt have lost out to them. They seemed to want B&JC through though as they basically changed the rules not to have an elimination when B&JC would have been eliminated.

Okay I will stop ranting now and watch!
  • Options
    cikacika Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sitting down watching the final and hoping for a Casey Karina win especially after the pathetic childish behaviour of that Jaimie creature. She certainly hasnt a clue about dignity, the way she was acting when it was announced they were through ahead of Jordan and her mum was shameful. How they got into the final is beyond me, I really felt for Jordan, the daughter in the ones who lost out to Bec and Jaimie creature. A lot of the time she carried the pairing with her mum and they certainly shouldnt have lost out to them. They seemed to want B&JC through though as they basically changed the rules not to have an elimination when B&JC would have been eliminated.

Okay I will stop ranting now and watch!
    Ranting's more fun than watching. It was so dull I stopped and have fast forwarded to the result this morning before work. How can a final be dull - that's quite an achievement.

Jaimie really does give out an air of smug entitlement doesn't she?

Not one single dish of their own in the final? Says it all really. I'll put the rest in spoilers in case!
    I thought one of the points of MC was to find people who could be creative and show innovation and a palate that knew what flavours go with what. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but it's been clear all along that that was K&K's strength and they were a little less strong at following recipes. I agree that Jaimie and Bec shouldn't have been in the final in the first place for me - the way they worked was downright dangerous and neither of them took criticism with any grace. Thank goodness K&K made a perfect starter.

What a mess of a series.
  • Options
    RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Away for three weeks and missed the final but can guess who won. I agree I thought Jamie's celebrations over Jordan and Nicky (?) were awful and their workstation was a nightmare. And while I am no angel I have never heard someone swear so much on TV as Bec!!! And she's the one whining about being away from her darling children!!! At least they were saved her potty mouth for three months or so!!!
  • Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    I fell asleep for the last half hour, kind of sums up the series!
  • Options
    BlokeeBlokee Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank (expletive) K&K won. Jaimie was to be frank horrible, saying that K&K are fake and then basically telling Ray to f off when he was trying to help her. I wish the final was between K&K and Jordan and mum. I agree with an earlier commenter, Jordan carried her mum and if it was a solo competition, she may well have won.
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it was quite shocking how rude Jaime was to the judges not to mention her sense of entitlement. The difference in attitudes between the final pairs was striking. K & K worked methodically, calmly, cleanly and had an obvious rappor with the judges as they took constructive criticism well. The other pair were a mess... chaotic, argumentative, and rude. Bet the judges were praying that they would mess up the last challenge!!
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christ, I'm watching on catch up now (only because there's nothing else on, I couldn't be bothered to watch when it was actually on) but Jamie is AWFUL! The pair of them moaning in the restaurant because K&K got help from Josh but they 'only' got a sous chef, then telling the sous chef he was doing it all wrong, that was bad enough. But omg Jamie being so rude to the judges during this cake thing is quite shocking.
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    I'm a Masterchef addict, so it just goes to show how absolutely awful this series was that I've only just bothered to find out who won, having given up watching the two-hour borefest final after about twenty minutes. Loathsome judges, terrible standards, unappealing contestants. What's not to hate?
  • Options
    RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    I finally caught up with this today. Worthy winners because Jamie's behaviour and their whining in the restaurant challenge was atrocious. The other two have just kept their heads down, been way humble and deserved to win.

And oh the irony of Bec and Jamie whining about Josh swearing... Have they listened to the amount of expletives Bec alone came out with??? I mean please!
  • Options
    patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree the show has not been great but at least the dishes have been varied. Australia's were often just a variation on a theme, I mean how many salads do you want to see!
    Really glad Kasey and Karena won as I have liked them and their attitude the whole way through. Jamie was just awful, where do I start. The dreadful behaviour next to Jordan and her mum when they got through, her rudeness, the weird rocking from leg to leg when she Cooked. I'm not surprised Josh said he wouldn't have her in his kitchen and when he shouted at her for banging the oven door shut I was entirely with him. She did that so many times with the freezer and the door bounced back open which could have ruined other people's dishes.
  • Options
    ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    I lost the will to live near the end. I watched the first part of the Irish Masterchef last night but it looks as if it is going to be as dreary as the last series. I know they are filming the Canadian one atm, I have had to turn off my Canadian M/Chef facebook notifications so that I don't see the contestants or heat winners - can't wait to watch it!
  • Options
    batesy2000batesy2000 Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah the Ireland one is by far the most boring.