Options

WHY did people laugh at the Crash??

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a non corrie fan who switched on purely for this ep I found the acting to be pretty awful across the board.

As for the stunt work, it was pretty awful.

If that's how the show chooses to celebrate it's 50th anniversary, then I can't really add anything as I wouldn't want to a "hater" :rolleyes:
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was funny the actors reactions aka Fizz shouting JOHNNNN!! was priceless and come on the tram driver it was hilarious I'm not saying its a bad thing, good on them they where ambitious enough too do, ok the CGI where a big iffy at times but pretty decent for a soap, it called having a sense of humour, if that makes me a bad person then shot me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Ken's reaction to his son being in a building that had just blown up and was on fire seemed pretty tame. He commented on it the same as if he'd seen him walk past him on the other side of the street!!!

The tram rearing into the air before crashing onto The Kabin was poor. Tramzilla is an excellent description haha! Was very much like it had suddenyl taken on a life if it's own!

Other then those 2 things, for a soap with an ITV budget I thought it was brilliant :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    i thought it was hysterical to be honest. I am not slagging off the crash but lets get a sense of homour about it, it was funny to watch :p.
  • Options
    CJWALKERCJWALKER Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MissyAnn wrote: »
    I love corrie, but the crash made me laugh too, it was like something out of a 80's hollywood block buster movie. The CGI of the actual tram wasn't very good considering the amount of money spent on it.

ABSOLUT tosh, the CGI was amazing!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed it and will watch for at least the rest of this week, but bons bons falling all over Rita was just funny.

It's possible to have found quite a lot of it funny and to have enjoyed it too. :D
  • Options
    CJWALKERCJWALKER Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soundstory wrote: »
    As a non corrie fan who switched on purely for this ep I found the acting to be pretty awful across the board.

As for the stunt work, it was pretty awful.

If that's how the show chooses to celebrate it's 50th anniversary, then I can't really add anything as I wouldn't want to a "hater" :rolleyes:

You know i love how dismissive and blinkered people are about such things!

Do you actually understand the logistics of what went on in that sequence?
  • Options
    MissyAnnMissyAnn Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJWALKER wrote: »
    ABSOLUT tosh, the CGI was amazing!!

Nah, you need to get to spec savers mate!:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sat here at work laughing my head off lol :D What a waste of my lunchbreak! Haha!
  • Options
    MissyAnnMissyAnn Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LDN wrote: »
    I'm sat here at work laughing my head off lol :D What a waste of my lunchbreak! Haha!

:D Its gr8, I love it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    You know whats annoying me about all the negative threads about last nights crash is people saying itmade them laugh?!

Just because it was directed a different way to what were used to, using more complex shots!

It doesnt mean they were bad!

They were amazing! Gorgeous rendered and composited, it looked perfect!

To see people saying it made them laugh is just pathetic!

Some of you are like sheep,

Its cool to hate, so when one negaive nancy starts they all follow suite!

People have an opinion that is entitled to be shared seeing as it is a discussion forum.

Not everyone is always going to be pleased.

From what I have been reading, the majority of Coronation Street fans enjoyed it and the majority of viewers who tuned in just to see what was going on and are not your regular viewer, enjoyed the build up but not the actual crash itself.
  • Options
    Uncle FesterUncle Fester Posts: 15,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ::Adam:: wrote: »
    Most people who aren't liking it are EastEnders fans or people who think Emmerdale did it better.
    Remember the Fairground disaster , now that was really bad;);)
  • Options
    Blackadder VBlackadder V Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too much hype so expectations were too high.

I thought it was decent but that is probably close to the mark. It was really good for a soap but still fake enough to disappoint those with big budget expectations. Tramzilla was funny as well, you can have a sense of humour and still be impressed at the scene like I was.

Why do people get so worked up because others don't like what you like?
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WOOAHH Hold your horses!

I laughed,
    I was enjoying the whole thing
    I laughed because I knew it was coming,
    I laughed because it was exciting
    I laughed because certain characters that I am not too keen on were getting their comeuppence
    I thought it was brilliant but I laughed.

You cannot attack everyone who laughed! we laugh for different reasons. You took it too seriously it is entertainment

Bravo! It was the same for me. Just because we laughed, it doesn't necessarily mean we thought the acting or effects were rubbish or whatever.
  • Options
    Cosmic GiftedCosmic Gifted Posts: 3,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I laughed because i found it ridiculous. Sorry for having an opinion that doesn't suit yours OP.
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can people laugh at this? Innocent people are injured over in Weatherfield and may possibly die! Think about them and their families feelings for goodness sake! Pay some respect to them and hope nobody dies, as that will be really tragic :(
  • Options
    chicaxschicaxs Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    How can people laugh at this? Innocent people are injured over in Weatherfield and may possibly die! Think about them and their families feelings for goodness sake! Pay some respect to them and hope nobody dies, as that will be really tragic :(

You are joking right? Its a soap dear!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I only laughed at one scene and it was the CGI of the tram and the curly haired tram driver that looked like he was auditioning for 'Die hard 9: Tram vengeance and the Ken crusade' :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh and when the wreath fell off :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    chicaxs wrote: »
    I only laughed at one scene and it was the CGI of the tram and the curly haired tram driver that look like he is auditioning for 'Die hard 9: Tram vengeance and the Ken crusade' :D

I have to agree with this :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know i love how dismissive and blinkered people are about such things!

Do you actually understand the logistics of what went on in that sequence?

I can't speak for others, but I'm not bashing the effort that went into the episode. I work in television and know how much goes into an ordinary programme, let alone mastering effects as well. Effort - 10 out of 10. I wasn't keen on the effects though. It felt like a large toy was being pushed and thrown around.

Everything outside of the tram was fabulous - I loved how they switched between characters and had a big build-up, and I thought the progression of storylines was gripping. I really did enjoy the episodes, but can't be convinced that the Special Effects were good. I might have another watch, though, and see if my opinion changes. It has been known!
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are joking right? Its a soap dear!

Course I am joking.
  • Options
    ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I’m not a regular viewer of corrie but I watch it sometimes. I switched on to watch this episode and thought it was unintentionally funny if I’m honest. I think the whole implausible part of the idea helped, who woulda thought, one day a train is gonna fall into coronation street and land right on the good old cabin! It was funny seeing all of the regulars being effected at once, does no one else live in corrie?

It was just too much of an overtop idea for a sedate soap like this so its bound to look amusing when all hell breaks loose, I expected Steve Mcqueen to bound in there and save Molly for the impending doom of a train hurtling towards her. Now that shot was funny, no way around it. Also didn’t she have another bad run of luck in a car doing a flippy flop down a hill, all good stuff.

I like corrie though so will be watching the aftermath but I did find it amusing
  • Options
    giraffe77giraffe77 Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    It was no more or no less than I expected from a soap, but I've got to admit, I did guffaw at one point...I think it was when the back of the tram rose up into the air like a phoenix from the ashes!

Apologies for laughing about a fake event on television - I won't ever do it again! :o

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    giraffe77giraffe77 Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    Oh and when the wreath fell off :D

ha ha ha ha
    but that was nothing to do with the tram!!! You're allowed to laugh at that!!