Options

Random stuff that shouldn't annoy you but does...

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,103
    Forum Member
    indie.star wrote: »
    Another one I hate is when forum members give their children online nicknames. I go on another forum where this happens an awful lot. Someone on there has just started referring to their child as 'Toad' having previously always referred to them by their real name.
    Perhaps they're a fan of Neighbours.
  • Options
    CuBz90CuBz90 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crumpets
  • Options
    Mike HawkeMike Hawke Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    Jennymoo wrote: »
    I cannot stand the way people call their partners "my OH" Jesus it grates on me so much and I don't know why. I think it's the implication that they aren't a whole person without their partner. Ugh it's totally vomit inducing. I know it's irrational, I don't care though.

I think there is a depressed mafia in the UK now, and it's being made worse by people on the internet.

People who talk about forums as if it's like a wee house or something. "I'm just popping over to x-factor" it's a bit creepy, again, I have no idea why it bothers me. Infact, people taking forums seriously, that irritates me. Sorry DS.

My god, are you me??

Add to that, all those tards who refer to their "OH" as Mr or Mrs [their username].

Doesn't quite work with mine. Mrs Mike Hawke.
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    I cannot stand the way people call their partners "my OH" Jesus it grates on me so much and I don't know why. I think it's the implication that they aren't a whole person without their partner. Ugh it's totally vomit inducing. I know it's irrational, I don't care though.

I think there is a depressed mafia in the UK now, and it's being made worse by people on the internet.

People who talk about forums as if it's like a wee house or something. "I'm just popping over to x-factor" it's a bit creepy, again, I have no idea why it bothers me. Infact, people taking forums seriously, that irritates me. Sorry DS.

Not to mention cliques on forums!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This has made me think. I would NEVER use the phrase "other half" when I talk about my partner - particularly for the reasons that you state. However I have used "OH" on forums. I think it's just easy to type...

I won't do it any more :)

But I'm never very sure how to refer to him anyway. I am 36 and he is 40, so "boyfriend" just seems wrong. "Partner" seems a bit businessy, but that tends to be the word I use.

I also hate people saying "hubby". Bleugh.
  • Options
    lorrylorry Posts: 2,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who say "you was" instead of "you were".

Holly Willoughby.

Oh and I won't buy a broken chocolate bar either!
  • Options
    Lobelia OverhilLobelia Overhil Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FarmVille not loading properly, especially when I have a crop to harvest

Those "peel and re-seal" packages where the "lid" rips when you try to peel it back, rendering any "re-seal" properties void
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    MrHoppy wrote: »
    Perhaps they're a fan of Neighbours.

Perhaps. Or perhaps they're just a bandwagon jumping idiot.
  • Options
    Constant PMTConstant PMT Posts: 3,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lorraine Kelly, kissin arse on the sofa, 'golf is great!' er, is it? why dont you play it then Lorraine if it's that great? Then she slags people off in her newspaper column.
    Most adverts. They are full of bull. The washing powder one where they put the socks together then wash them to prove the stains come out. It doesn't work, that's why they're called STAINS!stop lying!!
    And that goes for animal flea treatments you can buy, usually at inflated prices. Dont work!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lorraine Kelly, kissin arse on the sofa, 'golf is great!' er, is it? why dont you play it then Lorraine if it's that great? Then she slags people off in her newspaper column.
    Most adverts. They are full of bull. The washing powder one where they put the socks together then wash them to prove the stains come out. It doesn't work, that's why they're called STAINS!stop lying!!
    And that goes for animal flea treatments you can buy, usually at inflated prices. Dont work!

She does do that doesn't she!?! I don't know how she gets away with it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Grubby Bathrooms (mould in the grouting etc) My friend's shower is so bad that I have to close my eyes while I'm in there
    Shouting in adverts
    Sofa adverts
    People that write every first letter in a word in uppercase
    Vegans/non smokers/vegetarians/ who act all 'holier than thou'
    Ruth & Eamon on This Morning
    Icy pavements/roads
    Oranges that look like they will be really nice but then are all dry and bland when you get inside
    Ugg boots
    My landlord constantly coming to do work/inspections in my flat
    The use of the word 'journey' in reality television shows
    People without manners
    Clique's of women
    Having to do the drying up
    James Blunt
    Hollyoaks
    Radio 1
    People who think they know everything about everything
    Students
    Pink/blue/green etc hair
    Useless/lazy inventions for food - boil in the bag plain white rice? Since when was putting some rice in a pan of water so difficult?
    People who make facebook profiles for their newborn babies - I know two people who have done this.
    People who mean to say 'specifically' but say 'pacifically'
    People coughing up phlegm in public. STOP IT. Even worse if they spit it on the pavement - use a tissue! Or if you don't have one do it in some undergrowth but not in the middle of the street.

Sorry that's so many! Phew, it was good to get it all out though. I had to stop myself because the list is endless!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She does do that doesn't she!?! I don't know how she gets away with it.

I wanna see one of them she's slated, confront her on the sofa! lol
    I also find it annoying when someone on a forum sticks their nose in a row, trying to sit on the fence & not take sides then says 'I hope I haven't offended anyone' and then puts a stupid heart icon & smiley icons that hand out flowers :mad:
    That's not on here btw, on another forum I lurk on..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wanna see one of them she's slated, confront her on the sofa! lol
    I also find it annoying when someone on a forum sticks their nose in a row, trying to sit on the fence & not take sides then says 'I hope I haven't offended anyone' and then puts a stupid heart icon & smiley icons that hand out flowers :mad:
    That's not on here btw, on another forum I lurk on..

The worst is when she's slagging someone off who she'd interviewed the week before having been as nice as pie to them then. What a bitch.

She can keep her bloody growler.....
  • Options
    Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has made me think. I would NEVER use the phrase "other half" when I talk about my partner - particularly for the reasons that you state. However I have used "OH" on forums. I think it's just easy to type...

I won't do it any more :)

But I'm never very sure how to refer to him anyway. I am 36 and he is 40, so "boyfriend" just seems wrong. "Partner" seems a bit businessy, but that tends to be the word I use.

I also hate people saying "hubby". Bleugh.

See I hate the word partner. Maybe its because I'm 19, and so still young. But my therapist always refered to my gf as " your partner". It always annoyed me and I think it showed because eventually she you start to say partner and the change to gf. So it came out as "your pa- girlfriend".

Though I don't know what I'll say when I'm older, I suppose I'll have to say partner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The worst is when she's slagging someone off who she'd interviewed the week before having been as nice as pie to them then. What a bitch.

She can keep her bloody growler.....

Lmao! I loved it when Bo selecta took the piss out of her!
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    People who say they "take" or "don't take" a certain food rather saying that they eat it or like or don't like it. It sounds terrible and a bit clinical :mad:
  • Options
    mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adults who read Harry Potter books on public transport.
    The London 2012 Oylimpic logo.
    People (usually from the north of england) who leave the 's' off of the end of the word when talking about a period of time that was more than one (eg: 'it was about 3 week ago'.. instead of sayin 3 weeks)
  • Options
    User68571User68571 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who point out what you're eating!...My manager has a habit of telling me exactly what I'm eating just as i'm about to gorge myself! I'll placing my daily Wispa into my mouth and she'll say 'Having a Wispa eh?'..........Of course I am you fricking moron, points for observation! Now P*** off and let me eat it in peace....

Hen Parties......we get it, yr an independant woman and can have any man you desire. Now why the hell does the whole of Oxford town center have to hear you and yr mates screeching and generally acting like tw*ts trying to prove the point?!!

UGG Boots.......As a self confessed shoe addict (you should see my wardrobe) who loves pretty things, I cannot for the life of me think of a painful enough punishment for the person who thought UGG Boots would be a fashionable and cute addition to the high street.....they're ridiculous! You look like a child wearing them out.

People walking silently up behind you to your desk. I find it rude when they lean over yr shoulder and start barking instructions with no prior warning of their arrival. It's rude and you know it is.

DS Posters.....A few of you I like...the rest of you I think are utter 'tools' :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just thought of something else that REALLY annoys me: people who say / write (usually in FB updates) "nom" when they think something they're eating is delicious.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    Ellie Goulding
    Top Gear and its presenters
    Clothing brands such as Jack Wills and Hollister (and the people who wear them)
    Snow!!
    Ice/black ice
    Uggs
    Cher Lloyd
    Jeremy Kyle and the "characters" on his show
    Lancashire accents
    When people say, "Awwwww, bless you!!". No, I do not wish to be "blessed", thank you. :cool:
    Middle class people who think they're "down" with the working classes - ie gentrifying places such as Shoreditch and wearing (very expensive) scruffy clothes
    Women who wear clothes that are clearly too small for them

There is more, but I can't think of them at the moment.
  • Options
    Fred SplungeFred Splunge Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm feeling brave enough to be contraversial now.

Going purely on the thread title, this really is something that irks, but I know it shouldn't. It's not something that really matters in life, but it just makes me grrrrr.

Ms.

There, I've said it. When I was single I was a Miss, now I'm married I'm a Mrs. I do not like Ms. My 6 year old has a Ms for his teacher this year. He just refers to her as Mrs. How the hell do I explain Ms to a 6 year old?
  • Options
    fifilapewfifilapew Posts: 4,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must say that although I agree Uggs aren't the most elegant items of footwear in my wardrobe, they really are the warmest. Even walking in over a foot of snow for an hour last week my toes were blissfully warm. I have no other boots that would be able to do that.
  • Options
    fifilapewfifilapew Posts: 4,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm feeling brave enough to be contraversial now.

Going purely on the thread title, this really is something that irks, but I know it shouldn't. It's not something that really matters in life, but it just makes me grrrrr.

Ms.

There, I've said it. When I was single I was a Miss, now I'm married I'm a Mrs. I do not like Ms. My 6 year old has a Ms for his teacher this year. He just refers to her as Mrs. How the hell do I explain Ms to a 6 year old?

I hate this too, although as I get older I find being a mum and a miss a bit cringe sometimes too. Why can't we be like men and maintain the same status throughout our lives?
  • Options
    Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    I agree. It has its uses, but those who use it at the drop of a hat may as well write "I can't come up with a constructive reply, so I'll just belittle you and make myself look like a knob."

This not only made me laugh, but it is so true and accurate It is the ultimate debate ending emoticon.

I also hate that patronising bollocks, "ahh bless".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    mialicious wrote: »
    Adults who read Harry Potter books on public transport.
    The London 2012 Oylimpic logo.
    People (usually from the north of england) who leave the 's' off of the end of the word when talking about a period of time that was more than one (eg: 'it was about 3 week ago'.. instead of sayin 3 weeks)

I can't say I've ever heard that in the north; you know, Newcastle to the Borders. Could you be thinking of Liverpool/Manchester/Leeds, in the north midlands?

How do you feel about people leaving the final 'g' off words? Sorry, couldn't resist - I know it was just a typo. I hope.