You can hug mummy in a moment...

Comments

• PeterWDPeterWD Posts: 1,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I would like to respectfully point out that in this instance you are wrong. Gillian hadn't seen her daughters or had any contact with them for over 3 weeks. Yes if it was the moment when she exited the jungle and there is a bunch of photographers wanting their first picture, then fair enough telling the child to wait for a hug then could have been 'appropriate', however, the pictured moment was clearly later on and away from the red carpeted bridge. She could have told the photographer to wait and hugged her daughter instead.
    If Gillian had been more media-savvy she would have cuddled her kids immediately and given the photographers a chance to take pictures of her showing how pleased she was to see her daughters after no contact with them for three weeks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    fizzler333 wrote: »
    Britt said something like "They are just like their Mother" after the false hug bit, that was totally uncalled for, she should not have said that in front of the two little girls.
    j4Rose wrote: »
    I didn't see the programme. Could she have meant that they look like their mum? I do feel sorry for the kids though because it can't be easy having her as a mum.
    No, she certainly didn't mean it like that, it was a bitchy remark.
    As much as Gillian is a horror, Britt should have held her tongue until her daughters were not around.
    Seems like a very odd thing to say. If she did mean it like that, then it was certainly out of order.
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Most of the time I like Britt's honesty, she's a refreshing change from the banality of most stars who rarely speak their minds but this time she was out of order IMO. They're only kids, she'd been slagging their mother off and no matter what WE might think of her she's still their mum and they obviously love her.

Maybe it's because Britt's used to everyone going 'oh, you're Britt Ekland' in an amazed, awestruck, 'fantastic to meet you' manner that she's not used to be being dismissed as nothing like she was by Gillian's kids :D

I was about to come in here and comment on this. I saw the programme last night in ITV Player and thought that Britt was totally out of order.
    She did the whole "i'm giving you a fake hug" thing which was bad enough in front of the children. But then after Gillian had said "these are my 2 daughters" Britt said "yes I know, they won't talk to me, they are just like their mother" - which was the point in which I think she totally overstepped the mark.
    I mean come on! When you were 10 years old would you really have been striking up a conversation with a 68 year old woman? What did she expect?
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I very much doubt that. I had never heard of her before the show, and I doubt many young people had. I don't think she's ever been a huge star.

I was saying it more tongue in cheek TBH! Being a Bond Girl and having shagged alot of famous blokes is about all she was REALLY famous for IMO. But listening to her in the jungle I think she had quite a high opinion of herself and her past so I was taking the wee a little bit :)
    PeterWD wrote: »
    If Gillian had been more media-savvy she would have cuddled her kids immediately and given the photographers a chance to take pictures of her showing how pleased she was to see her daughters after no contact with them for three weeks.

True. Shows that she's has no clue whatsoever!
    indie.star wrote: »
    I was about to come in here and comment on this. I saw the programme last night in ITV Player and thought that Britt was totally out of order.
    She did the whole "i'm giving you a fake hug" thing which was bad enough in front of the children. But then after Gillian had said "these are my 2 daughters" Britt said "yes I know, they won't talk to me, they are just like their mother" - which was the point in which I think she totally overstepped the mark.
    I mean come on! When you were 10 years old would you really have been striking up a conversation with a 68 year old woman? What did she expect?

It's even worse when you say exactly what she said. That was horrible. It's one thing to be honest but quite another to have a go at a couple of kids :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    I was saying it more tongue in cheek TBH! Being a Bond Girl and having shagged alot of famous blokes is about all she was REALLY famous for IMO. But listening to her in the jungle I think she had quite a high opinion of herself and her past so I was taking the wee a little bit :)

True. Shows that she's has no clue whatsoever!

It's even worse when you say exactly what she said. That was horrible. It's one thing to be honest but quite another to have a go at a couple of kids :mad:

I agree that Brit's behaviour was ungracious and uncalled for, but she hardly "had a go at a couple of kids" :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    I agree that Brit's behaviour was ungracious and uncalled for, but she hardly "had a go at a couple of kids" :rolleyes:

She was. To 'have a go' at someone you don't have to shout. She was being uneccessarily critical of them and insinutated that they're rude when in reality they had done nothing wrong. To me that is having a go.
  • fizzler333fizzler333 Posts: 2,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After reading the last few posts I realise what a cow Britt really is, I remember my mum despised her for being a big headed tart as that was all she was known for but she still dines out on the Bond girl thing.
    And now seeing exactly what she said to the girls was despicable, if I had introduced my kids to someone and they said that I would have decked them, I don't care how much of an old bag Gillian is britt was being a nasty and vindictive old bitch, those girls were suffering enough without her adding to it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was. To 'have a go' at someone you don't have to shout. She was being uneccessarily critical of them and insinutated that they're rude. To me that is having a go.

Each to their own I suppose. To me that is NOT having a go! And yes I am aware that one does not need to shout in order to do so.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After reading the last few posts I realise what a cow Britt really is, I remember my mum despised her for being a big headed tart as that was all she was known for but she still dines out on the Bond girl thing.
    And now seeing exactly what she said to the girls was despicable, if I had introduced my kids to someone and they said that I would have decked them, I don't care how much of an old bag Gillian is britt was being a nasty and vindictive old bitch, those girls were suffering enough without her adding to it.

I agree that Brit was out of order, however, one mustn't forget that it was Gillian's behaviour in the jungle that made Brit act the way she did. It's no excuse, but very pertinent,
    Forum Member
    Each to their own I suppose. To me that is NOT having a go! And yes I am aware that one does not need to shout in order to do so.

Just out of interest (not being provocative) what you would you have called it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just out of interest (not being provocative) what you would you have called it?

I thought she was extremely rude and that she was trying to get one up on Gillian. But as I said earlier I dont think she was 'having a go' at the children.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that Brit was out of order, however, one mustn't forget that it was Gillian's behaviour in the jungle that made Brit act the way she did. It's no excuse, but very pertinent,

If I behave annoyingly and upset people then I expect them to take it out on me, not my children.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bella82 wrote: »
    oh get over it, who can say that they always ALWAYS listen to their child, she was still on tv so she was being media savy. Show me a parent who says hold on a minute to their kid when they are having a conversation, we all like to think we r perfect but really come on!!
    That's hardly comparable, is it? Hugging a young child you haven't seen for over a week should be spontaneous and instinctive. The stupid thing is, the photographers would have been happy to have a picture of her hugging that child and would have waited a few seconds for other shots.

Just shows how calculating and money-focussed she is - she probably feared they'd deduct part of her fee.:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    That's hardly comparable, is it? Hugging a young child you haven't seen for over a week should be spontaneous and instinctive. The stupid thing is, the photographers would have been happy to have a picture of her hugging that child and would have waited a few seconds for other shots.
    I'm sure that her kids were sent on to the bridge precisely so the cameras could get pictures of her greeting and hugging them.
    Just shows how calculating and money-focussed she is - she probably feared they'd deduct part of her fee.:rolleyes:
    I almost feel sorry for her the way she misjudged the situation. Someone with her TV experience should have understood and got it right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    I really felt sorry for her children. People might say that it's just like an normal situation when a mother is working and their children comes up, but it wasn't. Her children had been stuck watching their mother make a fool of herself on television, whilst the other families tried not to laugh at her. They obviously felt out of place next to all of the happy families around them, and Gillian hadn't seen her child in a couple of weeks, I believe it was? The younger girl obviously needed a hug from her mother, but Gillian was too busy seeking attention to care. What sort of mother does that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really felt sorry for her children. People might say that it's just like an normal situation when a mother is working and their children comes up, but it wasn't. Her children had been stuck watching their mother make a fool of herself on television, whilst the other families tried not to laugh at her. They obviously felt out of place next to all of the happy families around them, and Gillian hadn't seen her child in a couple of weeks, I believe it was? The younger girl obviously needed a hug from her mother, but Gillian was too busy seeking attention to care. What sort of mother does that?

Gillian was in the jungle for over nearly 3 weeks, plus she would have arrived in Australia at least a couple of days before going into the jungle. So she would have been away from her children for nigh on a month.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,067
    Forum Member

There's a thought!:)
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jesaya wrote: »
    I'd agree if it was just happening on an ordinary day, but the little girl had not had a hug from her mum for weeks and was evidently missing her. If that had been my daughter I would have asked ther photoraphers to wait for a moment, hugged my children, and then got back to the photos. Actually I would probably have barrelled past the photographers and trampled over their supine bodies to get to my kids.

But what normal person, who had not seen or held their kids, would notice the cameras? The photographers weren't going anywhere (ie their job was to photograph her, however long that took). Showed me where her priorities lay.
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure that her kids were sent on to the bridge precisely so the cameras could get pictures of her greeting and hugging them.

I almost feel sorry for her the way she misjudged the situation. Someone with her TV experience should have understood and got it right.

I think she knew exactly what she was doing, she seems savvy enough...the cameras were her priority, not her kids :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    I think she knew exactly what she was doing, she seems savvy enough...the cameras were her priority, not her kids :(
    She could have cuddled her kids "on camera" before posing. Everyone would have been happy... the producers, the viewers, her kids, the photographers... She did not seem to understand what might appeal to viewers and to newspaper readers.
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,581
    Forum Member
    Britt said something like "They are just like their Mother" after the false hug bit, that was totally uncalled for, she should not have said that in front of the two little girls.

I saw that and took it to mean that they looked like their mother, the older one certainly does. How could Brit mean anything else when she had only just met the 2 girls?
    Forum Member
    She could have cuddled her kids "on camera" before posing. Everyone would have been happy... the producers, the viewers, her kids, the photographers... She did not seem to understand what might appeal to viewers and to newspaper readers.

She seems to be very much me me me. The photo of her in the Sun mimicking an Australian beach babe says it all - so delusional :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    I saw that and took it to mean that they looked like their mother, the older one certainly does. How could Brit mean anything else when she had only just met the 2 girls?

Read back to Indie.Stars comment at 12.16, she didn't mean it that way at all.
    Britt met the girls the day before.
    Forum Member
    Britt met the girls the day before.[/QUOTE]

That's the occasion I was referring to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    I sometimes have to go away with work without my kids and on the way back I am desperate to see them - I would run and hug them straight away - even if my boss was there or other colleagues, I wouldn't care. The same goes for TV cameras.. not that I am ever infront of any!:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    Britt met the girls the day before.[/QUOTE]

That's the occasion I was referring to.

What? you really thought she was just saying that they looked like their Mum?
    That couldn't have been further from her mind, she was having a dig at the kids, how can you not see that?