Options

Who has the better 'winners song'?

syedluversyedluver Posts: 1,055
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Who is the 'chosen one' going off the winners song?
Who do you think has the better single, and more of a chance at getting to #1?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 409
    Forum Member
    Rebecca and Cher oddly. I doubt Many of Horror would get number 1 as nobody can do that song justice other than biffy
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are the winners' songs? Havent heard.
  • Options
    dirrrtydirrrty Posts: 8,442
    Forum Member
    I just listened to Distant Dreamer (Rebecca's) and it is good actually. I can see her singing it really well. Good choice for a winners song imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Rebecca's is the best choice. Great song imo, plus as it's an album track (albeit from a vert high selling album) some people may take it as an original as they won't have heard of it.
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Distant Dreamer, is that the winner's song? I thought it was just one of the songs Rebecca is singing on tomorrow night's show? It's a good song, btw. What are the winner's songs of the other acts?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think Rebecca's is the best choice. Great song imo, plus as it's an album track (albeit from a vert high selling album) some people may take it as an original as they won't have heard of it.

Yeah first time i heard it. The most fitting winning song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    spaceygal wrote: »
    Distant Dreamer, is that the winner's song? I thought it was just one of the songs Rebecca is singing on tomorrow night's show? It's a good song, btw. What are the winner's songs of the other acts?

I read it's her winning song :confused:

Cher's is Impossible by Shontelle
    One Direction's is Forever Young by Jay Z??? not sure

Not sure on Matt's.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, DD is her winners song :) My fave non-single on Rockferry tbh :) It's also the only one that sounds like a true winner's song a la The Climb, A Moment Like This etc. Cher's does a bit suppose. Matt and 1D's are just like random songs :p
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=dirrrty;46448267
    Cher's is Impossible by Shontelle
    [/QUOTE]

I hope not. That song is far too recent!
  • Options
    TigerpawsTigerpaws Posts: 11,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skot wrote: »
    Rebecca and Cher oddly. I doubt Many of Horror would get number 1 as nobody can do that song justice other than biffy

That's never proved a problem in the past all of the winners songs have been nothing better than lame imitations.
    Hallelujah being the worst - yet funnily enough the highest selling.

Matt's song is kind of interesting because I can't see how he could make the song different its fairly recent as well. Will be interesting to see if the stations such as XFM, Absolute and Planet Rock that would play Biffy will play Matt - i'm guessing if it has the usual Cowell treatment of key change and choir they won't but will instead give Biffy some good airplay.

I remember when Westlife brought out the cover of Daughtry's song Absolute radio made a point of playing Daughtry's version alot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I'm actullly kind of gutted over Matt's winner's song, for Biffy, not him.

I really hope he doesn't win now. I think i'd lose it if I heard some 'tard saying "oooo I love Many of Horror by Matt Cardle - i'm such a rock chick!"

A little bit of me dies inside when someone refers to Hallelujah as being by Alexandra Burke.
  • Options
    soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indie.star wrote: »
    I'm actullly kind of gutted over Matt's winner's song, for Biffy, not him.

I really hope he doesn't win now. I think i'd lose it if I heard some 'tard saying "oooo I love Many of Horror by Matt Cardle - i'm such a rock chick!"

A little bit of me dies inside when someone refers to Hallelujah as being by Alexandra Burke.

A lot of the public only select their music by what's been on/sung on TV..it's no wonder they haven't heard of the genius of the likes of Leonard Cohen.
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    soullover wrote: »
    A lot of the public only select their music by what's been on/sung on TV..it's no wonder they haven't heard of the genius of the likes of Leonard Cohen.
    :rolleyes:

The thing that really gets me about the Alexandra Burke Hallelujah thing is that it's not even the best cover! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Rebecca has the best one me thinks, but I quite like Matt's as well.
    Cher's and One Directions are too well known, esp Cher's, so I'm not sure about that...
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt has by far the best song and it will work really well with a slightly more mainstream production and possibly a key change. I reckon it's going to be epic. Biffy fans won't like it but I think it's a genius choice of song because most people won't even know it's a cover but it might sound familiar.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is surely down to personal taste, no? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure I'll like Matt and Rebecca's as I like Matt and Rebecca. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Rebecca.

If Cher gets it right, then it's a good choice also.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AcerBen wrote: »
    Matt has by far the best song and it will work really well with a slightly more mainstream production and possibly a key change. I reckon it's going to be epic. Biffy fans won't like it but I think it's a genius choice of song because most people won't even know it's a cover but it might sound familiar.

And herein the problem lies......
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indie.star wrote: »
    And herein the problem lies......

Why is that a problem? The audience is more likely to enjoy a performance of a song they already know. It's why radio programmers are always happy to playlist a dance record if it samples an 80s hook.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh, I don't know either Matt or Rebeccas songs so can't comment on how good they are.

Chers is far too recent imo and 1D's is just wrong for them and too recent
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AcerBen wrote: »
    Why is that a problem? The audience is more likely to enjoy a performance of a song they already know. It's why radio programmers are always happy to playlist a dance record if it samples an 80s hook.

Oh do you not want Matt to win then? (Personally, i'm not bothered either way. I just object to the song choice because I don't want hear Many of Horror being referred to as "...by Matt Cardle" and people thinking that the song is actually by him and not a substandard cover of a Biffy Clyro song.)
  • Options
    DomestiquesDomestiques Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mon the Biffy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    personally my favourite song is the 1D song, but think matt's will be the best & suits him well.
  • Options
    EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should have gone with another self-written song, like Alexandra Burke's 'Hallelujah' - that was good, and you knew because she'd written it, that it meant a lot to her. :cool:

Covers are always awful. :mad: Plus it ruins the original song because everyone forgets that it's a cover! :mad::mad::mad: