2 Eastenders Bbc 1
3 Anything With Gordon Ramsey Ch.4
4 Have I Got News For You Bbc
5 The Apprentice Bbc

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worst ever or just this year? :) (I can't really answer cos I just don't watch shite of which there are thousands such as springer).
  • dean michaeldean michael Posts: 29,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harrowing. wrote: »
    Worst ever or just this year? :) (I can't really answer cos I just don't watch shite of which there are thousands such as springer).

2010 (SORRY.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2010 (SORRY.)

In terms of shows that I have half-watched cos my daughter likes them, then the worst of 2010 must be "Cake Boss" (Discovery Real Time).
  • ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    I dont see how you can have a list. If I watch something, and I find it rubbish I stop watching it.

The only way I can see people having a list, is by continuing to watch something they dont like, and then adding it to a list. Why would you continue to watch something you dont like?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ACU wrote: »
    I dont see how you can have a list. If I watch something, and I find it rubbish I stop watching it.

The only way I can see people having a list, is by continuing to watch something they dont like, and then adding it to a list. Why would you continue to watch something you dont like?

Agreed, though I like Dean's top 5 thread which I hope will get some more contributions, hint hint http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1413926 :)
    Forum Member
    There is a top 10 list here. With quite a few responses.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've stuck with a series for a while in the desperate hope it will get better. I like to give something a few episodes, at least. Sometimes I'll stick with something until the bitter end to see if the grand finale is a good pay-off despite a lackluster series, like Survivors.

It's not always as simple as "don't like, don't watch" and sometimes I wish that phrase could be banned on here because it seems to be used by die-hard fans as a way to try and stifle fair critique, debate and opinions.
    Forum Member
    Lily Rose wrote: »
    I've stuck with a series for a while in the desperate hope it will get better. I like to give something a few episodes, at least. Sometimes I'll stick with something until the bitter end to see if the grand finale is a good pay-off despite a lackluster series, like Survivors.

It's not always as simple as "don't like, don't watch" and sometimes I wish that phrase could be banned on here because it seems to be used by die-hard fans as a way to try and stifle fair critique, debate and opinions.

Thats a fair comment, I do stick with some shows, but not more than 3/4 episodes. If at that stage, I dont like it, I dont continue with it. I dont stick to the bitter end...did it once with Heroes Series 1....regretted it, as it was a rubbish ending. Never done it since.
  • petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well said. I can think of lots of reasons why people continually watch bad TV. However none of them are in any way complimentary to the people who do.

TVs have an OFF switch for a reason - use it.
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As usual.

Soap Operas
    SCD/X Factor and their spawn
    The Appentice etc
    Kyle and the like
    Anything that relies on the term 'Celebrity' in the title to get exposure

Basically lazy, populist crap.
  • FunkmasterTFunkmasterT Posts: 14,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petely wrote: »
    However none of them are in any way complimentary to the people who do.

Why not? There are plenty of good reasons why people may continue to watch something that they find to be rather poor. If it's an adaptation, they may be a big fan of the source material and hope it improves. They may really like some of the cast. They could be a big fan of the series in general, but are finding the current run to be tiresome - but will continue in the hope that the next series is better.

I guess it's much easier to just belittle people, though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D
    Why not? There are plenty of good reasons why people may continue to watch something that they find to be rather poor. If it's an adaptation, they may be a big fan of the source material and hope it improves. They may really like some of the cast. They could be a big fan of the series in general, but are finding the current run to be tiresome (ala Spooks S8) - but will continue in the hope that the next series is better.

Good points....perhaps thread would be better called "Biggest Disappointments of 2010" ? Doctor Who would be up there for me....
  • cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My biggest disappointments have been The Mentalist, Big Brother 11 (I loved BB10), Gossip Girl (season 3 only) and Survivor: Nicaragua.
  • Dai ClustDai Clust Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Just pick any American programmes at random and there you are . It can't be difficult to get worse than the rubbish they churn out.

But, in the interests of variety

1. Anthing American
    2. Anything labelled as reality
    3. Anything with Katie Price in it.
    4. Anything with the premise of discovering "talent"
    5. Kids programmes put on TV at prime time e.g. Dr Who
  • JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good points....perhaps thread would be better called "Biggest Disappointments of 2010" ? Doctor Who would be up there for me....

I agree with you 100% about what the thread name ought to be, but disagree with you 100% about Doctor Who. For me, Series 5 was on balance the best series since the 2005 re-launch and Matt Smith a brilliant Doctor.

Biggest disappointment for me, probably "Survivors".
  • petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not? There are plenty of good reasons why people may continue to watch something that they find to be rather poor.
    May I suggest you go back and read again what I wrote. I said nothing about "rather poor" and neither did the post I was referring to.
    Guess again
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petely wrote: »
    May I suggest you go back and read again what I wrote. I said nothing about "rather poor" and neither did the post I was referring to.

Guess again

You can suggest what you like. I think a lot of people would agree that 'rather poor' TV is quite similar to 'bad' TV, and the reasons for watching would still apply. I don't care what post you were referring to, I was responding to you.

You said none of the reasons for people to watch bad TV would be complimentary to those people, so I won't guess again, I think I was quite spot on with my first guess. Thanks for the opportunity, though.

As for the worst stuff I watched this year...

The remake of The Prisoner is pretty high up on the list. I really like Sir Ian McKellen, and I quite enjoy watching Lennie James, but I ended up giving up on this halfway through - I was hoping it would redeem itself along the way, but it was just so boring.

Then a few American shows which got nailed pretty quickly by the networks - My Generation (45 minutes of the dullest scripted reunion ever), and $%!* My Dad Says (Not even the brilliance of William Shatner playing a parody of William Shatner playing a parody of a parody of William Shatner could save this sitcom - I think I managed 5 episodes before dropping it, Amanda Holden's Big Top was TV gold by comparison.).

The biggest disappointment, for me, would probably be Spooks. It was a bit of a step up for me from the previous series, but still way way below the standards it set for itself in the first few years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dai Clust wrote: »
    Just pick any American programmes at random and there you are . It can't be difficult to get worse than the rubbish they churn out.

But, in the interests of variety

1. Anthing American

Really? Any American TV is rubbish? Have you heard of shows like The Sopranos, The West Wing, The Wire, Friday Night Lights, and so on? Yeah, give me The Morgana Show over those any day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I was in two minds about the newest series of DW. I really like Matt Smith, and I thought some of the stories were great, but it felt a little like the fun had been sucked out of it. But, saying that, I could quickly draw up a list of poor Who eps from RTD's run!
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    The rubbish I complain about all the time...

All soaps
    X Factor and BGT
    Anything with Katie Price or Kerry Katona
    Any so called "Celebrity" show
    Dating shows like Take Me Out

:yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The rubbish I complain about all the time...

All soaps
    X Factor and BGT
    Anything with Katie Price or Kerry Katona
    Any so called "Celebrity" show
    Dating shows like Take Me Out

:yawn:

How about Jay Leno?;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How about Jay Leno?;):D

He's always a bit of a show-stealer:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's always a bit of a show-stealer:)

Whose show did he steal?:confused:
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankie Boyle's Tramadol Nights has to be added to the list.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whose show did he steal?:confused:

With the reaction he got, you'd think everyone's!