All the judges apart from the Hoff

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Were so rude by going on about their Ronan after Jai had won; The Hoff was great & the fact he siad he had written Jai's name to win after he had performed.
The others were evidently peeved as they hadn't done enough to promote the acts [New Bounce & Ronan] which Simon wanted.
Jai will have a fantastic career in the West End, he is fantastic - well done Jai.

Comments

• Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jai talkin your telling me lies
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a new found respect for David Hasselhoff after this year's BGT! I never really rated him much before, but he has proved to be a proper gentleman, and I agree, OP, he was the only one not to diss Jai as a winner!
  • ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a new found respect for David Hasselhoff after this year's BGT! I never really rated him much before, but he has proved to be a proper gentleman, and I agree, OP, he was the only one not to diss Jai as a winner!

I was like that too. I always thought there was something a bit cheesy about The Hoff, but he is a great guy and a perfect gent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    When I heard the Hoff was going to be a judge, I wasn't really that bothered... but over the series I've found he's probably my favourite judge. He's always enthusastic and honest, and gives constructive critisism :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mutleygold wrote: »
    Were so rude by going on about their Ronan after Jai had won; The Hoff was great & the fact he siad he had written Jai's name to win after he had performed.
    The others were evidently peeved as they hadn't done enough to promote the acts [New Bounce & Ronan] which Simon wanted.
    Jai will have a fantastic career in the West End, he is fantastic - well done Jai.

He doesn't need to suck up to Cowell.

It was obvious from comments in the final and semi-final he had Jai down to win from the start. Personally I don't understand how anyone could have picked another winner from the auditions.

Amanda is always unprofessional in her reactions to results she doesn't agree with and Michael's only reason for having been asked to be a judge is because he has hosted the RVP.
  • Blackadder VBlackadder V Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He doesn't need to suck up to Cowell.

I see him as a bigger presence than Cowell on the panel and the biggest star on the panel. I know the idea is to impress Cowell but to be honest if I was a contestant I would secretly be wanting to impress the Hoff man most.

I think it is the fact that he doesn't really need the show that makes him such a great judge and why he always seems to be enjoying himself.
  • EastEndFan05EastEndFan05 Posts: 4,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's him axed next year then:p

I agree, by the way. The Hoff is a class act:cool:
  • Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And more talent was awful aswell with Ronan this and Ronan that! He's a talented kid, but wasn't fair to rain on Jai's parade.
  • TheBlueOneTheBlueOne Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mutleygold wrote: »

I'm sure we'll see him in a show with Joe McElderry, another person deemed for months to have a 'fantastic career' in the West End. Maybe I blinked and missed that? They're tremendous singers, the pair, but the West End is chock-a-block with fantastic singers.

Sad but true, after a top 10 placed album, the best hope for Jai is Dancing On Ice next year.
  • pinkfishpinkfish Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    TheBlueOne wrote: »
    I'm sure we'll see him in a show with Joe McElderry, another person deemed for months to have a 'fantastic career' in the West End. Maybe I blinked and missed that? They're tremendous singers, the pair, but the West End is chock-a-block with fantastic singers.

Sad but true, after a top 10 placed album, the best hope for Jai is Dancing On Ice next year.
    Joe trying opera on itv1 Sunday i will watch!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pinkfish wrote: »
    Joe trying opera on itv1 Sunday i will watch!!

Same, but if you look at his fellow line-up, you can't exactly say this was his first choice. Seeing as the most famous other name to most would be Cheryl Baker.

Cheryl Baker.
  • longpiggylongpiggy Posts: 2,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Temp smilies the lot of them. Only thing that will drop quicker than their interest is his balls. End of...
  • pinkfishpinkfish Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    Same, but if you look at his fellow line-up, you can't exactly say this was his first choice. Seeing as the most famous other name to most would be Cheryl Baker.

Cheryl Baker.
    erm Midge Ure ? ... the only one with a great voice from Steps? J B the diva soul voice..... Andy bell ? wow I think Cheryl will struggle as will Midge but I will watch!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pinkfish wrote: »
    erm Midge Ure ? ... the only one with a great voice from Steps? J B the diva soul voice..... Andy bell ? wow I think Cheryl will struggle as will Midge but I will watch!

You can't honestly be saying that Joe McElderry's dream first job post-Syco was a reality show with Midge Ure, Andy Bell and 'the one with a great voice from Steps.' The same great voice that formed a duo with H. Judging by how DS spoke, Joe was going to have musical theatre directors falling at his feet.
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can't honestly be saying that Joe McElderry's dream first job post-Syco was a reality show with Midge Ure, Andy Bell and 'the one with a great voice from Steps.' The same great voice that formed a duo with H. Judging by how DS spoke, Joe was going to have musical theatre directors falling at his feet.

This is Joe's first opportunity to do some much-needed PR rather than a 'job'. We already know he is a great singer. Unfortunately, there is not much going on for excellent male vocalists in the Charts today. In deed you have to be a below average singer and strip naked to achieve a Chart position. Olly Murs anyone?

Give the lad a chance. He has been imprisoned by the SYCO label and has only just been released.

Jedward, Olly, Stacey, Rebecca, etc, are doing TV adverts and guest on other 'fast-forward' programmes to maintain their PR. At least PSTOS is a good choice if you can actually sing and want a career doing so.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I completely agree with the OP. Those judges were such a bunch of sore losers and we must include the Britain's Got More Talent team as well.
    Amanda Holden was horrible and rude.
    But Louis Walsh was the worst of all. He was so bitter blaming Ronan's song choice even if he was right about that.
    Not only the winner Jai but all the other finalists were barely mentioned again by the panel and BGMT team and celebrity guests.
    Well done to all the finalists especially Jai who along with Paul were the best talents on the night in my opinion.
  • calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Hoff is my winner.. he shone like a beacon.. well done David...