Knots Landing

Comments

• StykerStyker Posts: 49,855
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »

Thanks, is that the universally accepted "version" of the name though?

Do you know the answer to my earlier question on is the way they pronounce Fairgate correct? "Fairergate" is the way they all keep saying it, is that correct?
    Forum Member
    Great "move" by Lillimae! :D What a shame she didn't get Diana, Abby and Gary all at the same time but with Gary to survive! :D A knock might have bought Gary to his senses! :D

Having said that, I don't think the run over scene was realistic as Lillimae didn't have enough space/momentum for the run over to do the damage it did.
  • Valene1Valene1 Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    Great "move" by Lillimae! :D What a shame she didn't get Diana, Abby and Gary all at the same time but with Gary to survive! :D A knock might have bought Gary to his senses! :D

Having said that, I don't think the run over scene was realistic as Lillimae didn't have enough space/momentum for the run over to do the damage it did.

I agree there, Lillimae would have knocked Chip down but probably no more than that.

Greg's scenes are increasing which is good.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She had the full, energised force of Karen's angry, wound up personality which probably did most of the damage. The best bit at the end was when they muted the sound so we didn't have to hear Die-ana scream "CHIP!!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Var-lane you fool what you go sleep with Garey again for?
    Forum Member
    Var-lane you fool what you go sleep with Garey again for?

I found it a bit weird and funny the way she turned around the way she did and had her mouth open in the way she did waiting for around 20 seconds before they started smooching. :D

Doing laugh scenes seems to be very hard for actors and so does that cringe worthy just before a kiss scene seem to be hard for actors to do as well!
    Forum Member
    Valene1 wrote: »
    I agree there, Lillimae would have knocked Chip down but probably no more than that.

Greg's scenes are increasing which is good.

I was wondering where I have seen him before and I think I remember now. He played a mobster I think in a film called Payback starring Mel Gibson in the late 90's. His smile made me laugh back then too! :D

Alarm bells should have started to ring for Karen last night when he said "power corrupts" and then he went onto say how he can also make things happen. I find it a bit weird how a Senator can decide who becomes a Commisioner. Wouldn't that be the job of a State Governor and or Mayor of a city?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found it a bit weird and funny the way she turned around the way she did and had her mouth open in the way she did waiting for around 20 seconds before they started smooching. :D

Doing laugh scenes seems to be very hard for actors and so does that cringe worthy just before a kiss scene seem to be hard for actors to do as well!

Poor Var-lane she is a simple southern girl who got pregnant age 16, her husband is a wooden, lifeless drunk who couldn't act his way out of a paper bag, her mother is a fruitcake with an obsession of Chips and bad singing and her daughter has had more men in her than the local public toilets no wonder she wrote a book about it.
    Forum Member
    Poor Var-lane she is a simple southern girl who got pregnant age 16, her husband is a wooden, lifeless drunk who couldn't act his way out of a paper bag, her mother is a fruitcake with an obsession of Chips and bad singing and her daughter has had more men in her than the local public toilets no wonder she wrote a book about it.

:D Poor Valene, she has a good heart though.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As we head for 1984 the hair is getting bigger, especially Abby Ewing and Karen Mackenzie
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Greg Sumner has arrived.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many different facial expressions did Abby manage last night, angry, seductive, caring, pissed off, happy. They could have a set of Abby smilies made as opposed to Laura who seems to have the same expression for every occassion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lillimae looks so at home in the nuthouse best leave her there Var-lane she is not safe to be out on the streets.
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Lillimae looks so at home in the nuthouse best leave her there Var-lane she is not safe to be out on the streets.

Lol...agreed, keep with the basket weaving lillimae
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OOOOOH!! Abby! Caught hook line and sinker.
  • zippy00zippy00 Posts: 112
    Forum Member

I wish Karen would join her, all her weeping and wailing over Dianaaaa is driving me up the wall.
  • Missy MooMissy Moo Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    zippy00 wrote: »
    I wish Karen would join her, all her weeping and wailing over Dianaaaa is driving me up the wall.

I wish Mack and Karen had had a bit longer honeymoon period - it feels like there's been nothing but weeping and wailing since they got married. He has the patience of a saint!
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Missy Moo wrote: »
    I wish Mack and Karen had had a bit longer honeymoon period - it feels like there's been nothing but weeping and wailing since they got married. He has the patience of a saint!

That's why I loved him so much ; )
    Forum Member
    Missy Moo wrote: »

I agree. Mack is pretty funny at times though which helps lighten the mood.

I think just like I found with Dallas, they are at a stage where they keep on dragging out the episodes/storylines and could have easily have gone through them quicker, especially the Chip storyline but I suspect they do this dragging out stuff with long series generally to get more money generally?
  • zippy00zippy00 Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    I agree. Mack is pretty funny at times though which helps lighten the mood.

I think just like I found with Dallas, they are at a stage where they keep on dragging out the episodes/storylines and could have easily have gone through them quicker, especially the Chip storyline but I suspect they do this dragging out stuff with long series generally to get more money generally?

I wonder if we are used to storylines moving at a quicker pace now. I haven't been interested in the Chip or Ciji drama. I don't remember feeling like that the first time I watched it though.

Donna Mills must have enjoyed playing Abby, they really pushed her character to its limits yet it's still believable. I 've been reading about narcissism as we have someone in work with it, think the traits probably fit Abby too.
  • Missy MooMissy Moo Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    I 've been reading about narcissism as we have someone in work with it, think the traits probably fit Abby too.

There is a theory that a disproportionate percentage of CEO's are psychopaths http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/the-stack-the-psychopath-test-by-jon-ronson-07212011.html.

I calculate that Abby scores at least 30 on the Psychopath Test! http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/the-stack-the-psychopath-test-by-jon-ronson-07212011.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They can't be serious, the police are walking right passed Chip, getting a bit far fetched.
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    You can stick a fork in Chip, he's done.
  • mccaffepmccaffep Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    Was it an in-joke that Lisa Hartman's first full episode as Cathy was called "A change of heart" ? (I.e. heart man)
    Forum Member
    I wonder if we are used to storylines moving at a quicker pace now. I haven't been interested in the Chip or Ciji drama. I don't remember feeling like that the first time I watched it though.

Donna Mills must have enjoyed playing Abby, they really pushed her character to its limits yet it's still believable. I 've been reading about narcissism as we have someone in work with it, think the traits probably fit Abby too.

It looks like American programmes often go for long series. Dallas was often 30 plus episides per series and they could have easily have edited those episodes down to a lot less but I think the long series are generally done to make more money or make sure they make their money back and then some.

British drama series don't last much beyond 8 -12 episodes a series these days and that is getting quite rare too unless its something like Holby which has been ongoing weekly for some years now but I thought it was much better when they had series and had breaks.