Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Turns out Little Ant & Dec are filming a segment for Friday Download. They are at Little Mix`s concert so will either be interviewing them or going to the gig tonight.
  • Options
    Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The girls warming up, jogging on the spot, stretching and singing Little Me backstage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwRQRQHuN_U. They sound so good.

Nice interview in Cosmo: http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/_mobile/celebs/entertainment/cosmo-speaks-to-little-mix.

I do wish someone would tell them what feminism means. Because they always say they're not feminists based on all the usual misconceptions about feminism. But then go on to actually describe feminism when they're defining what they are and believe in.
  • Options
    siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salute is climbing on iTunes, good to see it moving up again before BGT.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I so can't wait for tomorrow! I hope they smash it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girl Group UK iTunes update. :)

28. Salute - Little Mix
    37. Wild Wild Love - Pitbull ft. G.R.L
    191. Welcome To The Jungle - Neon Jungle
    331. Move - Little Mix
    392. Braveheart - Neon Jungle
    525. Wings - Little Mix
    608. Word Up! - Little Mix
    620. Salute - Little Mix
    621. Salute (Single Version) - Little Mix
    635. Louder - Neon Jungle (Pre-order)
    735. Little Me - Little Mix
    1110. Word Up! - Little Mix
    1127. Move - Little Mix
    1194. Welcome To The Jungle - Neon Jungle
    1303. Change Your Life - Little Mix
    1368. Trouble - Neon Jungle
    1392. Braveheart - Neon Jungle
    1500. DNA - Little Mix

Little Mix dominating. Bit sad to see just three girl groups and one of them probably only there because of pitbull. Sad to see no Saturdays, that's not good for them.
  • Options
    Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Salute's the soundtrack for the Glamour Women of the Year Winners' interview vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8_YV4-DXPw&feature=youtu.be&t=1m25s

(the timestamp I linked is for their little interview but they do appear again)
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I so can't wait for tomorrow! I hope they smash it!

They always smash it, they will continue to smash it, because they are top live performers.

Unlike these. (LM mention.)
  • Options
    DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Salute's the soundtrack for the Glamour Women of the Year Winners' interview vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8_YV4-DXPw&feature=youtu.be&t=1m25s

(the timestamp I linked is for their little interview but they do appear again)

Ahh I love Leigh-Anne :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They always smash it, they will continue to smash it, because they are top live performers.

Unlike these. (LM mention.)

Doesn't come as a great surprise. One Direction can get away with churning out shoddy/lacklustre performances; they could literally go up on stage and fart into the microphones for an hour and get a rapturous reception.

They've had a few catchy singles but are generally just bloody awful, the fact Little Mix will never come within touching distance of their success levels is a travesty really.
  • Options
    aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The girls warming up, jogging on the spot, stretching and singing Little Me backstage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwRQRQHuN_U. They sound so good.

Nice interview in Cosmo: http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/_mobile/celebs/entertainment/cosmo-speaks-to-little-mix.

I do wish someone would tell them what feminism means. Because they always say they're not feminists based on all the usual misconceptions about feminism. But then go on to actually describe feminism when they're defining what they are and believe in.

The stretch and warm up reminds me of the Destiny Child's story- as teenagers - when Beyoncé's dad used to take them jog, going up and down hills whilst singing.
    At the time they used to be 4.
    It paid off!
    Am I seeing LM follow the same intense routine and training? You go girls!!!
  • Options
    TheKnewbiesTheKnewbies Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tim_A wrote: »
    Doesn't come as a great surprise. One Direction can get away with churning out shoddy/lacklustre performances; they could literally go up on stage and fart into the microphones for an hour and get a rapturous reception.

They've had a few catchy singles but are generally just bloody awful, the fact Little Mix will never come within touching distance of their success levels is a travesty really.

Not even in harmony :)

Lets not get too smug. Perrie made a gaff on CYL with her "take it all" bit blaring out of the speakers and she had her mouth closed and mic down. :blush:

Quote:
    http://www.popjustice.com/forum/threads/29747-One-Direction-Midnight-Memories-Singles?p=3193605&viewfull=1#post3193605

A lot of 1D fans just want to see their boys. There would have been a riot if Harry was not on stage even if he couldn't sing that day.
  • Options
    ShaynaJayShaynaJay Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not even in harmony :)

Lets not get too smug. Perrie made a gaff on CYL with her "take it all" bit blaring out of the speakers and she had her mouth closed and mic down. :blush:

I've noticed Perrie miming more in the last couple of shows, her voice must've taken a kick from her being sick recently, wonder how many more shows she will fully lip sync for because she throws her hair and hands around a lot more when lip syncing lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She'll probably have to lip sync for BGT tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ohhhhh i'm really excited for how Diversity change up/add to the dance routines for Salute, I really can't wait for it (one of the mixmen tweeted about it as well so they might be apart of the performance as well, which means the stage is going to be overtaken by guys during such a female empowerment song which is......well different lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    too slow to edit my above comment but Salute (the mv) has surpassed 10 million views on youtube!!

Salute (single)
    10,027,496 views.
  • Options
    aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She'll probably have to lip sync for BGT tomorrow.

She does not really belt on Salute, she should be okay.
    I guess there will more dancing than singing. Exciting collab how exciting!
    Please can some1 post as I won't be watching? Thank you :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping the miming has been to safe her voice for BGT. It sounds like it's going to be a really lively performance so I'm scared they'll mime, I don't want them too though as if the performance can be really lively and they sing live they'll get a lot of respect, especially as it's their strong point over Cheryl. :) So excited for tonight!
  • Options
    sniffingchocakesniffingchocake Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    ShaynaJay wrote: »
    ohhhhh i'm really excited for how Diversity change up/add to the dance routines for Salute, I really can't wait for it (one of the mixmen tweeted about it as well so they might be apart of the performance as well, which means the stage is going to be overtaken by guys during such a female empowerment song which is......well different lol
    This whole campaign having male dancers has been kinda annoying, the video should have had the army of girls prominent

Hopefully the chereo tonight plays to the song and there is lots of 'girl power' (like the DNA tour going nowhere routine poss) bit of stomping all over the boys :)

Perrie mimed alot during the Cardiff show, she isnt the best at disguising it, but she also shortened a few of her big notes like the closing one in little me, it wasnt harmful for the show though, still enjoyed every minute of it
    Jesy made jade laugh on her last note in Mr loverboy and she couldnt get it out was pretty amusing,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    siriusrose wrote: »
    I'm hoping the miming has been to safe her voice for BGT. It sounds like it's going to be a really lively performance so I'm scared they'll mime, I don't want them too though as if the performance can be really lively and they sing live they'll get a lot of respect, especially as it's their strong point over Cheryl. :) So excited for tonight!

I agree. Many of the public still have the misconception that the girls can't sing so I do think it's important that they're seen to sing live - more important than an energetic performance IMO.
  • Options
    felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    please don't let this go off topic, just an observation, but 5h are stronger in latin america than little mix, aren't they? i don't remember move going that high in brazil for example during its preorders http://kworb.net/itunes/artist/fifthharmony.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For a while I've wondered how they would fare on tours longer than these 20 date ones. They seem to get sick a lot so how would they endure a 60 date one.

For all the stick Leigh gets about her voice she's been the only girl never to be sick.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DDDDDNA wrote: »
    I agree. Many of the public still have the misconception that the girls can't sing so I do think it's important that they're seen to sing live - more important than an energetic performance IMO.

I agree too, the song calls for a lively performance but I hope they've been clever by getting Diversity and possibly the Mix Men in the performance so hopefully they can concentrate on the singing a bit more (although obviously we don't want them to stand there and by danced around, especially giving the theme). I have a good feeling tonight and I hope they can remind the public how strong they are.
  • Options
    Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MixMen will be performing with LM tonight aswell
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The real BGT contest tonight is between LM and Cheryl Cole.
  • Options
    DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this still from the Salute Video http://instagram.com/p/o4Hqp6wpLo/ ;)
This discussion has been closed.