Options

Gonzales 2005-2014, Best friend.

O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
Forum Member
Gonzales, my Chihuahua and my best friend died suddenly this morning just after 4am. He was always happy and playing, never sad, and never had any health problems, so very unexpected, beyond devastated right now. He passed very quickly, after possibly suffering a seizure, I placed him on my bedroom floor where he was comforted by my brother as well as myself. He was taken to the PDSA, as he is going to be cremated, the vet said he looked peaceful. He was a huge part of my life over the last nine years, pretty much inseparable from myself and the rest of his family.

Rest in peace Gonzales.

Comments

• Options
    eggplanteggplant Posts: 1,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP Gonzales.
    I'm sorry for your loss. It sounds like he had a good life and at least he went at home, with family close by. It may be a cliche but time does heal. Don't be afraid to grieve but also remember the good times.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks so much for taking your time to post and for your advice:) been in floods of tears on and off all day, head is a mess at the moment, really hope it will get better over time, have plenty of great memories but everything is all over the place right now.
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen this. So sorry OP. Try to take comfort in the fact that it was quick and not a long drawn out deteriorating health problem
    X
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,271
    Forum Member
    :( It's hard when you've had one for so long. But gets easier with time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    :( It's hard when you've had one for so long. But gets easier with time.
    Just seen this. So sorry OP. Try to take comfort in the fact that it was quick and not a long drawn out deteriorating health problem
    X

I will, I'll always miss him, I need to celebrate the time he was here, he wouldn't want to see me so inconsolable all the time.

Thanks both :)