Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    RedpoppyRedpoppy Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny how the courier left Michael's parcel at the Kabin because they were unable to deliver it yet a few months ago a similar courier kept taking Norris's parcel away rather than leave it with a neighbour!
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    Poor Mr Blackburn :D:D:D

Last year at this time practically EVERYONE on the DS site was calling Maddie every name under the sun & howling for her to be axed!! Now when he's done the decent thing & got rid, suddenly everyone's decided they rather liked her!! Who would be a soap producer eh!! ;)
  • Options
    stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    where was max if adi and asha were home from school.

rare episode, no rovers
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two policeman turn up in the Street. The first man they see, they ask if he is Gavin Rodwell. Luckily they didn't bump into Norris first :p
  • Options
    fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two policeman turn up in the Street. The first man they see, they ask if he is Gavin Rodwell.

anyome have a clue what all the dithering was about that caused Gavin to take the rozzers over to the bistro (other than to miss the delivery i mean.)

IRL wouldnt he have just said 'this is my dad's house, i'm here waiting for a delivery for him, please come in.'?
  • Options
    Boz_LowdownlBoz_Lowdownl Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best episode EVER! OK, it wasn't, it was utter tripe, but it was good for getting rid of the dreadful Maddie. Why didn't Gail or Fake Gavin "accidentally" spill the tea over the photo album? How come Gail made the tea whilst Michael was still on the first page? Why on earth deal with real Gavin's death in the same episode that another character dies and a third is being prepared for his funeral. Absolutely absurd. Maddie's death scene was a carbon copy of Tina's.
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol, I was just about to say but this isn't a Muslim funeral.... then remembered it is. ooops. :/

but true, I'm sure it would be planned for sooner in that case.
    Are we sure the Nazir's are meant to be muslim? Their roots are from India I believe, but that is mostly a Hindu country. Islam makes up only a very small percentage, about 1 in 10. They could even be Sikh.
  • Options
    Soapster1Soapster1 Posts: 1,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Gavin brings the coppers to his workplace, the Bistro. Really good for business that, member of staff being interviewed by the plod.
  • Options
    ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    Are we sure the Nazir's are meant to be muslim? Their roots are from India I believe, but that is mostly a Hindu country. Islam makes up only a very small percentage, about 1 in 10. They could even be Sikh.

They have mentioned their Muslim faith a few times in the show quite subtly; recently when refusing an alcoholic drink from Roy's allotment friend, and also when Leanne mentioned Kal's funeral being at the mosque.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best episode EVER! OK, it wasn't, it was utter tripe, but it was good for getting rid of the dreadful Maddie. Why didn't Gail or Fake Gavin "accidentally" spill the tea over the photo album? How come Gail made the tea whilst Michael was still on the first page? Why on earth deal with real Gavin's death in the same episode that another character dies and a third is being prepared for his funeral. Absolutely absurd. Maddie's death scene was a carbon copy of Tina's.

Unless tea in the Platt household has similar properties to sulphuric acid what good would that have done?
  • Options
    CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Mr Blackburn :D:D:D

Last year at this time practically EVERYONE on the DS site was calling Maddie every name under the sun & howling for her to be axed!! Now when he's done the decent thing & got rid, suddenly everyone's decided they rather liked her!! Who would be a soap producer eh!! ;)

I always liked her.
  • Options
    CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maddie's death scene was a carbon copy of Tina's.

lol what.
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me the genuine SOR on Monday night's CS was that Michael actually got to open the photo album and discover the truth without yet another implausible diversion getting in the way and delaying the inevitable truth yet again. I was almost in as much shock as Michael when he found out in such a straightforward manner. But whereas Michael roared like a lion by the end I'm afraid I began laughing at the bit they iced on top of the deceit when saying his son was now dead. By that point it was so far fetched that it was pure Monty Python absurdity. :o to :D
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I believe it is Dev who is Indian in fact and the Nazirs are Pakistani? I remember Dev and the senior Nazir guy winding each other up with their cricket rivalry.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aren't Kal's family devout muslims? Surely the funeral is done and dusted by now
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me the genuine SOR on Monday night's CS was that Michael actually got to open the photo album and discover the truth without yet another implausible diversion getting in the way and delaying the inevitable truth yet again. I was almost in as much shock as Michael when he found out in such a straightforward manner. But whereas Michael roared like a lion by the end I'm afraid I began laughing at the bit they iced on top of the deceit when saying his son was now dead. By that point it was so far fetched that it was pure Monty Python absurdity. :o to :D

Same!
    I was sure we'd be treated to a "hilarious" scene of Gail ripping out the pages of the photo album and stuffing it into her gob, while looking totally gormless:blush:
  • Options
    TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There's well over 180,000,000 Muslims in India. That's still a hell of an amount despite Hindus being the majority. I think the Nazirs are from Pakistan, however.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dev is hindi (remember the hindu hen do for sunita)
    nazirs are muslim (the fasted for ramdan)
    sikhs men wear turbans (so pretty obvious they are not sikhs)
  • Options
    dobbybeardobbybear Posts: 18,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FFS!! Maddie :cry: WTF is wrong with Stuart Blackburn?! :mad:

I agree, I didn't see that one coming, One of the few likeable characters on the show these days and they kill her off. While the dreadful Michael unfortunately doesn't die when the ridiculous fake gavin story reaches its conclusion!

Does anyone know if the actress who played Maddie left by choice or not?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she wanted to leave. probably didn't want to be killed off though.

jimmi mystery was shocked his character was killed off

talking of which, just checked on muslim funerals and they have to be burried within three days so if he died on Thursday he should have been burried by now
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stevepjk wrote: »
    .............talking of which, just checked on muslim funerals and they have to be burried within three days so if he died on Thursday he should have been burried by now

All of last week's episodes took place on a single night, presumably Monday. So we have no idea on what day yesterday's episodes were set. It could have been last Tuesday.

What did the policeman say when he fortuitously stopped notGavin in the street? "We want to talk to you about the fire...... "
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Last night was something straight out of a Carry On.

"Gavin..................a dangerous parcel will be delivered straight to my house. Keep guard! No one is at home. I repeat, no one is at home. I've got to buy some bleach. Oh dang, Dev's is closed...........I have to leave this inhabited bubble"

*police car arrives*

"Gavin would you mind if we sabotage your course of action and invite you for some questioning. Bistro's open, care to join us?"

"Sure."

*delivery van turns up*
  • Options
    sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FFS who's wielding the axe in Corrie these days, 2 deaths in as many episodes.
  • Options
    mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stevepjk wrote: »
    where was max if adi and asha were home from school.

rare episode, no rovers

This was explained by Julie who took them out of school early (with relevant permissions) to meet Dev at the airport
  • Options
    tim_smithtim_smith Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've not known a body to be released and a funeral arranged for less than a weeks time in years.
    It takes ages nowadays!

Five days for my husband last year, although his death was expected and at home.

It depends on whether a coroner is involved and whether they have seen their doctor within two weeks..
This discussion has been closed.