Stop The X Factor From Getting To Number 1 This Christmas...Buy...

miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
Forum Member
✭✭
'Say It's A No'...from iTunes exclusively.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    That's not going to work. The only campaign picking up any kind of mass interest is the Surfin Bird one. There's a few others but they don't have enough support.
  • hypervisorhypervisor Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surfin bird number 48 on itunes this morning.

Need more people to buy it :)
  • JessTheCatJessTheCat Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just bought it :)

Also bought a few more to send to friends instead of Christmas cards! (cheaper and more fun.....)

:D
    Forum Member
    hypervisor wrote: »
    Surfin bird number 48 on itunes this morning.

Need more people to buy it :)

I was going to say it's too premature, but Sunday's sales, I believe, roll over to next week's chart which is the week for Christmas number 1 (since Christmas is on a Saturday, there's only 1 wee left of the charts prior to Christmas)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to say it's too premature, but Sunday's sales, I believe, roll over to next week's chart which is the week for Christmas number 1 (since Christmas is on a Saturday, there's only 1 wee left of the charts prior to Christmas)

Just copied this from the Facebook page:

From NOW until the end of Saturday 18th December at 23:59. According to the Official Charts Company, the chart runs from 00:01 on the Sunday NOT Monday as is most assumed.

I just hope that the support doesn't get split between too many alternatives and the dreaded XF sneaks the win!
    Forum Member
    JessTheCat wrote: »
    Just copied this from the Facebook page:

From NOW until the end of Saturday 18th December at 23:59. According to the Official Charts Company, the chart runs from 00:01 on the Sunday NOT Monday as is most assumed.

I just hope that the support doesn't get split between too many alternatives and the dreaded XF sneaks the win!

Aye, this is why digital downloads are now usually released the day before the physical CD.

Your last point is the only thing which is going to ruin this years campaign.
  • Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's not going to work. The only campaign picking up any kind of mass interest is the Surfin Bird one. There's a few others but they don't have enough support.

Everyone knows the word.....
    Forum Member
    Everyone knows the word.....

Number 1 on Amazon and climbing on iTunes. Rose to number 32 already :D

Lets hope it's sales keep above the X-Factors lot, but Surfin Bird has had a day in advance, so even if we see the X-Factor at number 1 tomorrow it's not all doom and gloom!
  • RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Number 1 on Amazon and climbing on iTunes. Rose to number 32 already :D

Lets hope it's sales keep above the X-Factors lot, but Surfin Bird has had a day in advance, so even if we see the X-Factor at number 1 tomorrow it's not all doom and gloom!

Can we do it two years in a row? Come onnnnn! :D:D
  • miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    miles19740 wrote: »
    'Say It's A No'...from iTunes exclusively.

Here it is...give it a listen. It is brilliant. It even samples Louie and Simon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjit3PMDKng
    Forum Member
    Rubrical wrote: »
    Can we do it two years in a row? Come onnnnn! :D:D

Already up to 22 on iTunes and still number 1 on Amazon!

Fingers crossed it'll be twice in a row :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If i like the winners single, i'll buy it.

the campaigns are rather pathetic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    miles19740 wrote: »
    Here it is...give it a listen. It is brilliant. It even samples Louie and Simon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjit3PMDKng

It's good, I quite like that.

But it's come out too late to have much impact this year. They should keep it back for next year and start building a following earlier.

The Bird's the one that's flying (sorry, couldn't resist) now and we don't need anything to split the support.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    james-dean wrote: »

Each to their own :)

I won't be buying the winners single because I find all the finalists bland and uninteresting and I suspect I'll find the single bland and uninteresting too!

I think the campaigns are fun :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    james-dean wrote: »

The campaigns are great. It is the majority saying to Cowell we hate your shows and we hate what they represent and do to the music industry.

Download 'Say It's A No'...it's perfect.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, having thought about this a little more.

The problem with this Say it's a No thing is that it's X Factor related. Thereby giving XF just more publicity.

I think the point of the campaign is to get something to No 1 over Christmas which has nothing whatsoever to do with XF. We've had several years of XF dictating the Christmas no.1, time to get the X out of Xmas!!
  • miss_zeldamiss_zelda Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the John Cage 4'33 campaign was the big one to back? http://www.facebook.com/#!/cageagainstthemachine
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    miss_zelda wrote: »
    I thought the John Cage 4'33 campaign was the big one to back? http://www.facebook.com/#!/cageagainstthemachine

bird has over 600,000 people behind it, much like rage last year
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JessTheCat wrote: »
    Actually, having thought about this a little more.

The problem with this Say it's a No thing is that it's X Factor related. Thereby giving XF just more publicity.

I think the point of the campaign is to get something to No 1 over Christmas which has nothing whatsoever to do with XF. We've had several years of XF dictating the Christmas no.1, time to get the X out of Xmas!!

But it takes the
    piss
    out the X Factor...that is why it is so great.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #18 on itunes
  • Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #17 ow. I'm not going to buy it, but I would want it to win. Plus why is the itunes one not Peterfrom Family Guy, i would have boutght if it was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are loads of these campaigns this year, which is why I think none will work, none of them will get enough downloads to trump the X Factor song.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm like THE biggest XF fan on the planet lol but if 1D win I'd rather have Surfin' Bird at number 1! If they win, I will buy SB because they were awful last night, they murdered Your Song and it hasn't even gone up on iTunes which I thought would be the only good point!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    remember that surfin bird is supporting charitys with this track
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Winners single preorder EP (includes the winner's single + heroes track) is number 5 on itunes so your attempts are futile :)