Ridiculous things you have seen in banks.

Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
Forum Member
✭✭
Last time i was in a bank, a girl told the clerk she couldn't log in to online banking because she didn't know her PIN code.

The clerk said to her some bull about reactivating the pin code, and in the meantime the bank would send out paper statements to her address.

Girl says how much.

Clerk says £5!

All the girl had to do was simply make another account (i've made about 5 because of always forgetting my PIN), and instead she gets charged £5!

It pays to be a geek some times.

Comments

• AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It pays to be a geek some times.
    It's even better to have a good memory.
  • darkmothdarkmoth Posts: 12,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    those silly football pictures
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    couple of months ago, an old woman drew out a large shopping bag of full of cash, can't imagine how much was in there but it all looked to be twenties.

she withdrew it and went straight into the estate agents over the road, i ought to have mugged her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get annoyed that the LBTS bank teller cannot accept more than five coin bags at a time.
    It just means that for our business I have to go into the bank and then my husband has to go in with another five filled bags. It's so annoying.
    As a bank, surely they have the facilities to store the coins deposited.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I once saw a clown on a unicycle giving away HBOS balloons.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone being able to withdraw money without a card or ID, but simply by stating his name, address, DOB and the types of accounts he had with them. Apart from the type of accounts, the other info is easy to find out. Once you've found out the types of accounts, get someone of the around the same age as the person you're stealing from (if you aren't yourself) and away you go!
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    I was waiting in a queue once and the woman in front of me took out a camera and started taking pictures - within seconds security staff had bundled her away and as I was leaving the police were arriving.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petit-pois wrote: »
    Someone being able to withdraw money without a card or ID, but simply by stating his name, address, DOB and the types of accounts he had with them. Apart from the type of accounts, the other info is easy to find out. Once you've found out the types of accounts, get someone of the around the same age as the person you're stealing from (if you aren't yourself) and away you go!
    I did that many many years ago on a day out drinking. The only ID I had was my work badge which I had coloured in black marker to add a beard - they accepted it even though I was also sozzled :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A pen on a piece of string about 2 inches long :D.... How were you supposed to use it ?:D:D
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    I once saw a clown on a unicycle giving away HBOS balloons.

So that's how they got rid of the Halifax management who killed the company!
  • RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chaining down the pens. Why? If you're going into a bank with the intention to nick something and you go for the pen. Give up the life of crime as you really haven't thought it through.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my local Halifax branch (Mander Centre Wolves) they wouldn't let me pay in over the counter all because i only have a Easycash account.
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrsSpoon wrote: »
    I get annoyed that the LBTS bank teller cannot accept more than five coin bags at a time.
    It just means that for our business I have to go into the bank and then my husband has to go in with another five filled bags. It's so annoying.
    As a bank, surely they have the facilities to store the coins deposited.

They do, I think it's the time and effort involved and that other customers have to queue whilst all your coins are weighted etc and then the bank obviously has a lot more weight to load up when they come to take away the cash.

If you regularly have more than 5 coin bags you must surely be a) a big enough business to have cash collection i,e like the service Royal Mail provides or b) must be not giving change back to customers, eg 5x£1 coins instead of a £5 note.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,565
    Forum Member
    A business friend once wanted to draw cash on his credit card.
    He told me before he went in they might pay him as he had a really bad signature that he just couldnt reproduce reliably.

The cashier said she couldnt read it but instead of declining it she gave him his card back and suggested he practiced a few times and then try again with her!
    He called the manager and gave them a rollicking for not taking his security seriously.

This was before pins and loads of cash machines.