Four in a Bed. New series!!

1121122123124125127»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just started to watch this weeks Four in a Bed and I was wondering if anyone can answer this; are Veronica and Saida business partners, or they are partners partners (if you know what I mean)? Just wanted to know for knowing sake :)
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ambergold wrote: »
    Just started to watch this weeks Four in a Bed and I was wondering if anyone can answer this; are Veronica and Saida business partners, or they are partners partners (if you know what I mean)? Just wanted to know for knowing sake :)

I think they're partners, as in a relationship....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good Nights sleep, great dinner, good hosts, clean rooms and decent breakfast. I would put up with out dated decor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they're partners, as in a relationship....

Thanks Birthday Girl! That's my nosey quota filled for the day :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I didnt like their attitude when everyone pointed out the decor on the scores, and all their answer was "give us £50k to do it up"...............No!! the answer should be, we are obviously over charging for an outdated, very basic room.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't read their responses to TA reveiws but I think they discussed their sitauation with fellow B&B ers as I saw it. I think they have taken on a mammoth undertaking but obviously intended it to be not just the two of them. I admire V&S!
    Paul I still like but I think he'd said too much about Kathy ..then again we don't know what else he discussed on camera. Definately there is more going on with those too. I don't like the way they react to him and other issues.
    The young couple come across as fair and presenting themselves well but I uspect they'll neber have the money worries th others may.
    Tomorrow looks to be verrry interesting...vomit-gate. A country pub is usually right up my street especially with a nice restaurant attached but I wonder if I'd like to stay with them the way they are coming across here.
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    Lizaj wrote: »
    I haven't read their responses to TA reveiws but I think they discussed their sitauation with fellow B&B ers as I saw it. I think they have taken on a mammoth undertaking but obviously intended it to be not just the two of them. I admire V&S!
    Paul I still like but I think he'd said too much about Kathy ..then again we don't know what else he discussed on camera. Definately there is more going on with those too. I don't like the way they react to him and other issues.
    The young couple come across as fair and presenting themselves well but I uspect they'll neber have the money worries th others may.
    Tomorrow looks to be verrry interesting...vomit-gate. A country pub is usually right up my street especially with a nice restaurant attached but I wonder if I'd like to stay with them the way they are coming across here.

I liked V&S until today. Today they came over as unpleasant, self-pitying and snidey.

They took the B&B on. If they cannot afford to run it properly they should bow put gracefully instead of bitching at every fair comment made.

Their B&B looked like somewhere Gene Hunt would feel at home.
  • hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    M@nterik wrote: »
    I liked V&S until today. Today they came over as unpleasant, self-pitying and snidey.

They took the B&B on. If they cannot afford to run it properly they should bow put gracefully instead of bitching at every fair comment made.

Their B&B looked like somewhere Gene Hunt would feel at home.

Just watched it and thought...Sheeesh glad it`s not mine.
  • Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As you've posted my thoughts I'll just add....agreed! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Torch81 wrote: »
    As you've posted my thoughts I'll just add....agreed! :)

The Richwood website say diners wishing to eat in the bistro must pre-order their choices by 2 p.m. Ordering breakfast in advance is one thing, but having to decide what you want to eat each evening isn't that great. Spontaneity doesn't seem to be the Richwood's motto.
  • oldredroseoldredrose Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    Before tonight I liked them but all they seemed to do was whine about their problems and get snotty with some fair comments. Especially the older of the two. The decor was poor. That she cannot afford to do it does not invalidate the criticism.

Well put and I'm looking forward to finding out why they don't stay at the place tomorrow night. From the clip - looks as if they decide not to stay there during the evening meal - wonder why......
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,676
    Forum Member
    I said earlier that Richwood reminded me more of a hostel than a hotel and I didn't mean it at all disrespectfully.
    I can recall years ago accompanying a school trip, where the accommodation looked very similar. I'm probably talking 20 years ago :rolleyes:
    There wasn't any choice of meals, it was just cooked and served up.

Seeing as they're so stretched for money and staff, that kind of arrangement might suit them better?

For me, a holiday venue is all about service and a bit of luxury, neither of which are on their agenda as yet.
    I feel sorry if things aren't working out the way they envisaged, but in a competitive market that really isn't the guests' problem to take into account.

I'm really intrigued about tomorrow. This scenario has me puzzled and at first I thought that Cathy is a friend come along, but tonight it sounds like she's part of the business.
    Can someone put me straight on that please?
  • SueGSueG Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bellamy wrote: »
    The Richwood website say diners wishing to eat in the bistro must pre-order their choices by 2 p.m. Ordering breakfast in advance is one thing, but having to decide what you want to eat each evening isn't that great. Spontaneity doesn't seem to be the Richwood's motto.

That, plus the fact that the £250 they take from you in case of any damage* doesn't get refunded until after you've checked out, (because they won't have had time to check your room by then) and I think they have a really bad attitude towards their guests.

They feel free to take a hefty chunk out of that £250 if they find something wrong, like a stain and quite frankly, since V & S refuse to check the room while the guest is still there, the guest has absolutely no way of proving it, if they are certain that there wasn't a stain there and they therefore deserve the deposit back in full

*according to responses to Trip Advisor complaints
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SueG wrote: »
    That, plus the fact that the £250 they take from you in case of any damage* doesn't get refunded until after you've checked out, (because they won't have had time to check your room by then) and I think they have a really bad attitude towards their guests.

They feel free to take a hefty chunk out of that £250 if they find something wrong, like a stain and quite frankly, since V & S refuse to check the room while the guest is still there, the guest has absolutely no way of proving it, if they are certain that there wasn't a stain there and they therefore deserve the deposit back in full

*according to responses to Trip Advisor complaints

Really? £250????? Oh my
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member

They really do not seem to give a toss about the customer coming first !!!
  • SueGSueG Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By the way, I'm not accusing V & S of dishonesty, just that it doesn't make potential guests feel very confident in booking there if they have to pay an extra £250 up front and wait until they come home again to find out if they're going to get it back and so they might well prefer to choose an alternative B & B. (I would)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SueG wrote: »
    By the way, I'm not accusing V & S of dishonesty, just that it doesn't make potential guests feel very confident in booking there if they have to pay an extra £250 up front and wait until they come home again to find out if they're going to get it back and so they might well prefer to choose an alternative B & B. (I would)

If I read that on their website, then I certainly wouldnt book at their place. That is utterly ridiculous and have never seen any other establishment ask for such ridiculous terms!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There is NO way I would want to pre-book my dinner at 2pm....again, they want the customers to fit in with them, rather than trying to work around the customers.
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,386
    Administrator
      Admin Notice: This thread is continued here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=64235795#post64235795
    This discussion has been closed.