Four in a Bed. New series!!

Comments

• MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    BIB And you didn't think to invite us?! :D

How many DSers can you squeeze into a fisherman's Cottage? Would be fun trying to find out.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening.....Judgement day!
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,676
    Forum Member
    Evening
    ewoodie wrote: »

We should have an award for every type for each series!

Nominations and more types..............?!

A bit clueless but charming and a heart of gold category -
    Butterfly Dave etc.

Will be interesting to see how the comments and marks match against the payments.
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't like his "explain yourselves" comments.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure why Tinhead bothered to turn up tonight...he can only comment on one of the B&Bs as he wasnt there at the others!
  • SueGSueG Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't like his "explain yourselves" comments.

Yes, it's a very stroppy and aggressive approach. It doesn't give the impression that he'd be any good from a customer service point of view.
  • hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am hoping Alfie tells them all what their toilet bowls taste like, can't see why he did it otherwise.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with the guys...I dont want to go away and stay in a room with lots of dust and cobwebs
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you can't survive without something, you ask if it exists before you go there dumbo.
  • HypnoaliHypnoali Posts: 3,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not liking david & kevin's over competetiveness.
  • CherrybomberCherrybomber Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kevin and David not happy Alfie paid Judith in full.

I believe they are this weeks snakes in the grass.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the guys...I dont want to go away and stay in a room with lots of dust and cobwebs
    I think they boys exaggerated the dust.
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    If you can't survive without something, you ask if it exists before you go there dumbo.
    Agree.:)
    Or you accept its a good price for the accomodation but say honetsly that it's that reason alone why YOU wouldnt go back.
    I think Alfie was very reasonable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kevin and David not happy Alfie paid Judith in full.

I believe they are this weeks snakes in the grass.

X2............they want somebody else to weild the hatchet.;)
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate commenting on peoples appearance but Megan looks like she needs a scrub.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnoali wrote: »
    Not liking david & kevin's over competetiveness.

I have seen this all week, it's cleverly disguised, but they are quite ruthless IMO.
    I dont like them but their place looks lovely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A tie!

Good result IMO
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think its fair, the price of James and judiths place was excellent value for the product.
    I'm not surprised at the result and as TYS only wanted publicity they aren't upset so its ok really but I think J&J's B&B was just as good for the price as the winners.
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    165 quid a night?

Last time i stayed in a bed and breakfast it was about £40 :D
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like the way Judith/James inflict their personal tastes on what they think their guests should have.

Because she thinks people should come to the country and look around and not watch tv, they don't have tv's in the room. :rolleyes: And she's not bothered about dusting.

If they're in that businesss then they should thinkl of their guests first.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    I don't like the way Judith/James inflict their personal tastes on what they think their guests should have.

Because she thinks people should come to the country and look around and not watch tv, they don't have tv's in the room. :rolleyes: And she's not bothered about dusting.

If they're in that businesss then they should thinkl of their guests first.

I think that's what annoyed me about them. She "poo poo-ed and rolled her eyes" at all the dust/cobweb comments and said "she supposed she ought to keep an eye on it"

Well sorry, but if I'm paying money to go and stay somewhere, I dont want to see dust/cobwebs. Plus, I too would want a tv in my room just to catch up on the news every now and again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sentenza wrote: »
    165 quid a night?

Last time i stayed in a bed and breakfast it was about £40 :D

I would pay £165 and go and stay at Satis House if it was a special occasion as I know it would be a very enjoyable stay, in luxurious surroundings.

If I wanted just a bed for the night, then I'd go for the cheaper end B&B
  • SueGSueG Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think its fair, the price of James and judiths place was excellent value for the product.
    I'm not surprised at the result and as TYS only wanted publicity they aren't upset so its ok really but I think J&J's B&B was just as good for the price as the winners.

I think cleanliness is the least you can expect and I so think it was right that they were penalised for the lack of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    Riverside said: With the Satis House guys, I think what comes across is they know they've developed a good business that suits its guests and as people they're accomplished and confident. That could be interpreted as superior or whatever but I don't think it is - it's who they are and it's genuine. ..

I agree, they are sneering, manipulative and overpleased with themselves, yes, they genuinely are, :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, they are sneering, manipulative and overpleased with themselves, yes, they genuinely are, :)

I quite liked them :o
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Judith had paid more attention to detail, there'd have been 3 In First Place, I reckon.

It's a rare thing but this week I think they were all winners. Even Alfie because he efficiently advertised his self-catering, sleeps 6, holiday property... it just wasn't a b&b. But it was on national tv. I'm sure those who want a 3-bed, floating holiday cottage in the centre of Liverpool will be booking.
This discussion has been closed.