Four in a Bed. New series!!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boo Hiss. The dignified and understated way that Joesph and his wife commented on Teresa's underpaying of them said it all really -"it was not fair". Mr and Mrs Mint can hold their heads up high.

I liked them the best of the couples in the show today.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It went to the Welsh couple at Butterfly Guest House.

It was between them and the 1st couple at Godshill Park Farm for first place.

Joseph and his wife were last.

Oh god, Theresa was right then at the beginning when she said "FIAB plaque is IN the bag" :rolleyes:

Thought Mr & Mrs Mint were lovely and carried themselves well throughout the show.
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked them the best of the couples in the show today.
    Oh god, Theresa was right then at the beginning when she said "FIAB plaque is IN the bag" :rolleyes:

Thought Mr & Mrs Mint were lovely and carried themselves well throughout the show.

I liked Joseph and Kalpurna (forgive spelling!). They seemed to be a very genuine and pleasant couple.

The Welsh couple were one of the most annoying couples ever to feature on FIAB - I laughed like a drain when Ruth put them in a shack in the garden: and they moaned...:p
  • pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    Not sure if it's been mentioned on here yet, but Stephanie is on twitter - @SalutationOwner
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pegasus2 wrote: »
    Not sure if it's been mentioned on here yet, but Stephanie is on twitter - @SalutationOwner

Get her to post on here :D
  • iluvjohnsargiluvjohnsarg Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone remember when it was three in a bed. A one hour long all inclusive episode?

I really liked it and I think it might've been aired lunchtime-ish. I'm wondering if this was like a pilot type thing for the format we have now?

Does anyone know?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone remember when it was three in a bed. A one hour long all inclusive episode?

I really liked it and I think it might've been aired lunchtime-ish. I'm wondering if this was like a pilot type thing for the format we have now?

Does anyone know?

I do remember Three in a Bed, which if I remember correctly, was on for an hour with all three B&B's done in one show...but maybe I'm just remembering it wrong...:confused:
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do remember Three in a Bed, which if I remember correctly, was on for an hour with all three B&B's done in one show...but maybe I'm just remembering it wrong...:confused:

that's right and it used to be on at 8pm on a Thursday
    Forum Member
    Three in a Bed is on 4oD. I sometimes watch a couple of programmes if I can't sleep.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    that's right and it used to be on at 8pm on a Thursday

I wonder why they changed it from Three in a Bed, to Four in a Bed?
    Forum Member
    Same for CDWM, changed to four diners, one programme, now back to five diners, five programmes. They just like messing with us:D
  • iluvjohnsargiluvjohnsarg Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's exactly it BG. We saw all three establishments in a one hour show with the outcome at the end. I think I only tuned in the first time as I was intrigued by the show's name! :eek:

I remember when it went to 4IAB with the Friday fall out I thought it was too drawn out. However, if other's haven't seen the original they wouldn't know. Plus, it obviously suits the CH4 formula of CDWM, etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member

I watched the original Three in a Bed series when it was just one 1 hour show.

Think they probably changed it because it would fill the Come dine with Me Slot and there would be more chance to showcase each of the hotels. Certainly works for me!
  • Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three in a Bed felt a little rushed and there were no feedback forms, just a "We've under/over-paid you" comment.

I'm sure both series were made simultaneously at one point.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Three in a Bed last aired on June 2010 and Four in a Bed started November 2010 according to channel 4 website.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marthaa wrote: »
    Three in a Bed last aired on June 2010 and Four in a Bed started November 2010 according to channel 4 website.

Hmm... actually June 2011 (series 2, ep 10). Sorry to have double-checked after your post but it didn't sound right, I was sure TIAB was still made after FIAB started.

I never realised that there had been a TIAB USA on C4, though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ten_Ben wrote: »

I didnt know that either!

When was/is that on?
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,247
    Forum Member
    jamtamara wrote: »
    I think I lost another one as well. Shame as they were replies to others and I would have liked to see the other posts that have gone yours included. :(

More4 at 1.40 pm. I saw one yesterday with a right miserable so-and-so Les Dawson look-a-like. He came second. Anyone see it?

Haven't checked yet, but I wonder if the mods have removed pages which were about 'the clique'? I gather they remove posts which they consider to be 'off topic', although I would have thought that particular exchange of posts was very relevant - in any thread.
    I was disappointed to find I had missed yesterday's repeat, so checked the listings to see if there was one today and couldn't find one, now I see that there was :rolleyes: Darn it I rather like to watch the repeats.
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know that it was a pilot... there were two (fairly short) series according to the C4 website. - presumably when it proved itself, the format just evolved.

I didn't see the 3iaB series - normally I can't stand "reality" TV so it didn't appeal but then a friend of a friend was due to be on so I watched 4iaB and was hooked.

I see from earlier posts that the awful Welsh couple with the naff butterfly themed b&b were on this afternoon. I can't remember their b&b very well except that the concept of less is more had obviously never occurred to the woman but I do remember laughing when she and husband got allocated the gypsy caravan (or whatever) on the last day. I remember Ms "Up for anything, me..." proved that anything wasn't as all-encompassing as she'd previously believed. Very funny.

They sang all the time, didn't they... I suspect people like that view their guests as their audience... probably mistakenly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ten_Ben wrote: »
    I remember it being on but didn't watch. What I must track down is the French made version (ie, for French people on one of their main channels) because it was never on when I had time to watch and I can't record French tv.
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,247
    Forum Member
    Normandie wrote: »
    I don't know that it was a pilot... there were two (fairly short) series according to the C4 website. - presumably when it proved itself, the format just evolved.

I didn't see the 3iaB series - I can't stand "reality" TV so it didn't appeal but then a friend of a friend was due to be on so I watched 4iaB and was hooked.

I see from earlier posts that the awful Welsh couple with the naff butterfly themed b&b were on this afternoon. I can't remember their b&b very well except that the concept of less is more had obviously never occurred to the woman but I do remember laughing my head off when she and husband got allocated the gypsy caravan (or whatever) on the last day. I remember Ms "Up for anything, me..." proved that anything wasn't as all-encompassing as she'd previously believed. Very funny.

They sang all the time, didn't they... I suspect people like that view their guests as their audience... probably mistakenly.

What I disliked about that series was the bit where they had to say whether they were going to over pay or under pay. That was just asking for trouble. :rolleyes:
  • MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamtamara, the misery wasn't Kevin from Marple was it?

I saw the all the TIABs and one of the American shows. I can't remember all the couples, but I do remember a Texas couple, they had a brilliant sense of humour, were great hosts and took everybody out to a fantastic diner in their restored splitscreen campervan.
    The second series of TIAB involved pubegate, anyone remember? Featured Stoberry house, Frome dale and The Blue Pigeons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt know that either!

When was/is that on?

4 eps Sept/Oct 2011 and 2 eps June 2012 according to the C4 site (seems to have had a break in the middle).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MRSgotobed wrote: »
    Jamtamara, the misery wasn't Kevin from Marple was it?
    Ah, yes, Kevin... Four in a Bed Gold...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »

Not especially short - a series of 8 followed by a series of 10.
This discussion has been closed.