Chess Query - King v Pawn

2»

Comments

• bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe you were missing that you were moving into check, or in check but not moving out of it? I don't know. My experience is usually player error, something you didn't see.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    could he be trying to take his own pawn ?
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Which ironically has never been a problem for kings in real life down the ages.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Yes, and you can't castle out of check, OP.

Nor if the king or either rook (you are castling with) has been moved. Castling is a special move in chess, a one off so to speak.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castling

The King is all important and don't expose your Queen too early in the game, as she will most likely be constantly under attack, from other more minor chess pieces. She is all important in the majority of cases. Lose your Queen and you'll most likely lose the game, unless you can promote a pawn for example. The Queen is by far, in the majority of circumstances, the most powerful chess piece.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nailz wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. Nice to see some fans of the Royal Game on here.

Not sure of the correct notation but my King was at G3. Opposing pawn was at G4 with 2 of my pawns at F4 and H4
    I spent ages checking the board to see if G4 was covered by the opposing Queen, Bishop and Rooks but it wasn't. So G3 should have been able to take G4.
    I wish I had a screenshot but I ended up starting a new game in frustration.

Kxg4 sounds like a mistake anyway :D

perhaps it wasn't your move?
  • bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kxg4 sounds like a mistake anyway :D

Yes I was wondering why the king was out roaming unless it was very end game. Need to know how many pieces were left on the board.