Options

CS: Yay!! Jim .... "So I do".

Comments

• Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing Jim again made my evening, so it did. It is strange that Steve's twin brother, Andy, has been erased from the show; does anyone know why?

Me, too.:)

Concerning Andy: I mentioned on the 40th birthday of the twins Steve and Andy, it was a total suspension of reality that he was not involved at all. I was told that he was mentioned briefly in a sentence.
  • Options
    soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's like the Chuck Cunningham effect all over again lol
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy is mentioned, because that's where Liz went when she left for ages. Or was it, I don't know :D
  • Options
    Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found it strange that Elizabeth nor Steve would bother to visit Jim.
  • Options
    Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why would Liz go and see her ex husband? :confused:
    Steve should though, unless he goes and it's just off screen so never mentioned.
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing Jim again made my evening, so it did. It is strange that Steve's twin brother, Andy, has been erased from the show; does anyone know why?
    He wasn't mentioned but there were photos of him on the wall in Jim's cell. So he hasn't been completely wiped from existence at least.
  • Options
    ZebstrikerZebstriker Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jim told them he didnt want them to go and see him
  • Options
    alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    yurr man
  • Options
    heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Alcohol has driven Peter into becoming Jim's bitch. I'm so glad Corrie is on before the watershed.....I've no wish to watch Peter taking it up the Kyber Pass :o
  • Options
    David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    He's the "Landlord" so he is :D

Catch yourself on!!!!!
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    k9fan wrote: »
    Poor Jim.
    I remember Liz telling him that she would wait for him.

Ha. Jim should know better than to trust anything that bed hopping trollop says. She couldn't even stay faithful to him during their first marriage!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Me, too.:)

Concerning Andy: I mentioned on the 40th birthday of the twins Steve and Andy, it was a total suspension of reality that he was not involved at all. I was told that he was mentioned briefly in a sentence.

Yes he was mentioned. Liz said something about speaking to him on the phone I think. There was a photo of him on Jim's wall too.

It would be nice if they could get a more recent photo of the actor to put up somewhere. They don't need to make a big deal of it but it would help convince that he's still around and in their lives.
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Jim McDonald an absolute corrie legend they don't make characters like him anymore. I love all his little quirks 'catch yourself on!' 'Is that the craic?' 'What about you?'. Calling everybody by their full names Steven Elizabeth Andrew etc. and I remember he always used to call Jack Duckworth Jacko which always made me laugh.
  • Options
    BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Jim McDonald an absolute corrie legend they don't make characters like him anymore. I love all his little quirks 'catch yourself on!' 'Is that the craic?' 'What about you?'. Calling everybody by their full names Steven Elizabeth Andrew etc. and I remember he always used to call Jack Duckworth Jacko which always made me laugh.

When he was on before I used to see him as a bit of a "hammy actor
    Given the dross they have now he has become an actor of some stature
  • Options
    Forum Member

Didn't he call Alec Gilroy 'Sandy' as well? I think I prefer him in short bursts to being a long term character though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quintin Charles Devenish Lawson, so he is:)
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quintin Charles Devenish Lawson, so he is:)

Oh interesting. Quintin was his Dad and Devenish is an island near Enniskillen.

I have seen 4 separate threads about Jim's return :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    he's the landlord, so he is :D
  • Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member

Quite ironic since his name "Jim" is a shortened version of James.
  • Options
    soapmadsoapmad Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great that Jim is back on the show again.... It might be worth watching for a change .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More channel hopping - hoping to see and hear Jim - and there he was:)
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait to see what he has in store for Peter.
  • Options
    Lucy Van PeltLucy Van Pelt Posts: 11,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    I wish he would grow his moustache again. He has such a weak mouth and chin. :)

Sorry have disagree there San, I think he looks better and younger without it
  • Options
    Lucy Van PeltLucy Van Pelt Posts: 11,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    Quite ironic since his name "Jim" is a shortened version of James.

and Steve's ex-wife Vicky, he would always call her Vic-tor-i-aaaahhhh
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait till he meets Elizabeth!
    It's going to be great. It'll feel like 2011 all over again; full of sensationalism!