Options

Anyone else not care and has no act they like.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 600
Forum Member
✭✭
At the start of the lives I was very excited and really looking forward to seeing how Ben; Andrea; Paul; Fleur: Lola: Lauren: Only The Young and SK did.

Felt a couple of acts in Kerrianne and Janet should have made the finals also.

Over the weeks though I have been unimpressed and feel some acts have regressed. Themes are tired and so are the song choices, so now for the first time ever I do not care who wins really, anyone else sort of lost their enthusiasm and hope in the acts and ended up not supporting anyone?
I do see a lot of support for the remaining acts and that is good and fair play but I just wondered does anyone else, at the SF stage, not give a shit basically?

Comments

• Options
    DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are not alone. :)

Andrea should have virtually won it by now, but has gone backwards, Lauren can sing well, but keeps getting hampered by bad song choices, Fleur has a poor voice IMO and Ben is probably the only one left who has a distinctive voice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DJW13 wrote: »

Andrea should have virtually won it by now, but has gone backwards, Lauren can sing well, but keeps getting hampered by bad song choices, Fleur has a poor voice IMO and Ben is probably the only one left who has a distinctive voice.

Good points, I think everyone has been hampered with poor song choices which has not helped them.
  • Options
    CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fleur has been the act heavily promoted from the beginning and no other contestant has stood a chance.

There has been a lot of tears and my guess is some of the contestants felt the strain of the manipulation, control and obvious bias. As Herr Scowell has made it clear that you have to be hardened to the core to withstand the regime and do what he dictates.

It is the first year I have felt utter relief for some of the nice people who were contestants and that were utterly exploited, as they were never going to win. They may go on to have some kind of a career instead of being a cog in the XF wheel.

That said, I think Fleur is as exploited as the rest of them. She is playing along and smiling for now, but we shall see what she does when Herr Scowell and the exploitation of his "loyal employees" gets too much for her.

I have no real favourite but liked Lola and OTY.

There is no outstanding act this year and certainly no one with the X Factor. ;-)
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Me. I'm not bothered about any of the remaining contestants. I think Ben and Fleur are awful. Lauren I thought was really good initially but she hasn't lived up to her promise in the live finals - apart from her save-me song last week. Andrea I quite like, but I quickly got bored of all the big 'diva' songs they had him sing most weeks. For my money, Paul was by far the best contestant, but he was royally shafted by Cowell & co. Andrea would definitely be my choice out of this lot, but I'm really not that engaged at all.
  • Options
    Toffee_AppleToffee_Apple Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Agreed. From the start Ben was my 5th favourite and the other 3 left were near the bottom of my ranking each week, so although I want Ben to win I'm really not that fussed anymore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback and the affirmation that there are other viewers feeling the same, cheers;-)
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't care, I prefer Ben to the others, but we know how it works now, the winner on the night is usually the one who gets dropped first.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. I just don't think any of them are that good. None of them are artists, none of them are distinctive. I don't think any of them will sell records and have a career. Their first album might do well, but after that nothing. It makes you realise how incredible people like Leona and Alexandra really were.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same first Lola,then Paul,the OTY and finally SK ,aint watching anymore now.
  • Options
    MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are not alone. The rest of Top 4 are boring.
  • Options
    flowerladyflowerlady Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The real winner went out weeks ago, Paul!!! out of the ones left, I would like to see Andrea win, the other 3 bore me rigid, Lauren is 17 going on 37, Ben is mediocre, and I find him a bit creepy :o and fleur is too over hyped, sick to death of hearing about her. So all my votes have gone to Andrea :)

Would love to see fleur-ben bottom 2 tonight :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I honestly don't find any of them particularly good
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    i think lauren and andrea are the best overall now with lauren as my winner but they do need the right sort of songs to sing..ben is okay sometimes but a bit dull and fleur is ok but without all but the production and the chorus would she struggle...
  • Options
    Visitor QVisitor Q Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always feel like that at this stage, the whole thing goes on too long and eventually I just want it to end, I don't care who wins.

Lauren and Andrea are good singers, but they've made zero progress through the series, they do exactly the same thing every week - over-singing everything in his case, standing (or sitting) like a statue in hers. Neither "connects" with the songs in the slightest, they just perform like they have on/off switches on their backs.

Ben is a good singer too, but he's proved to be shockingly inadequate when taken out of his middle-of-the-road soft rock comfort zone.

Which leaves Fleur - fairly weak voice, pretty good dancer, hot bod, funky hair, Janet Jackson teeth. She's not really very good but she's got better and - compared with the other three - she actually does have "The X Factor". A bit. So she should probably win by default.
  • Options
    soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel the same. I started to watch XF in 2006, and was blown away by Leona. Was also happy that Alexandra won. These 2 have remained my favourites, but over the years, I have also enjoyed some lovely performances from Joe, Rhydian, Matt and various others. This year has been a real disappointment. For the first time, I literally couldn't care who wins.

I also find the overuse of standing ovations meaningless.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh, I've never seen in act in 10 years of XF that I've thought 'wow', not one.

The closest I've come is Daniel Pearce and Nathan Gayle who both got knocked out at judges houses. I think both of those had more potential than anyone who has ever made the lives.

So, out of the 4 left, I prefer Ben and Fleur to the other 2 but I'm not really bothered and the likelihood of ever buying any music from any of them is about 0%
  • Options
    ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's as though they are pushing Fleur so hard but still can't be sure she'll win, so they've resorted to ruining the chances of the others. She's the only one who gets uptempo songs but her voice isn't good enough.

Tbh, I gave up on the series weeks ago and really don't care who wins as long The Dark Lord of Moobs & High Trousers comes a cropper at some point.
  • Options
    sycamoresycamore Posts: 4,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DJW13 wrote: »

I agree a lot with you.

I didn't like Andrea much to begin with, obviously realised that he had a great voice but he really wasn't my cup of tea, but I really loved his Queen song and enjoyed Wrecking Ball last night, so he'll take over as my favourite when Lauren goes tonight. He's the only one I actually like more than I did at the start.

Lauren's been given terrible song after terrible song, she has a gorgeous voice and hasn't been allowed to shine. I'm really tired of the music constantly drowning her out, the dreary song choices, the blatant disinterest in her, it's cheap. She deserved far better treatment.

Fleur looks great and is a great performer, but her voice is poor and often ugly. But she's been given songs that make the most of what she's got - heavy backing vocals to support her, several songs (like I'm Every Woman and Uptown Funk for a couple of examples) that have her just singing a couple of words now and then and concentrating on the dancing and performing. I'm bored of her, bored of the unfair treatment, bored of the misplaced adulation.

I really liked Ben to start with but what a one trick pony he's turned out to be too, I'm beyond bored of him.
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    Same for me. I'm not keen on any of them this year, been very disappointing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The sooner the show is over the better this year, nothing to get excited about at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    see this 'Herr Scowell' patter - it is absolutely rank
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Malkay wrote: »
    see this 'Herr Scowell' patter - it is absolutely rank

Ooooh rank
    Worst ever series for me and at the outset I thought it might be a great season, XF input and meddling has killed it for me. There have been some shocking performances this year. Am not sure what' Herr Scowell patter' means but nice of you to bring it up, if it relates to those of us on the thread who have expressed disappointment then fair play otherwise I do not know what you mean.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    PAL65 wrote: »
    Ooooh rank
    Worst ever series for me and at the outset I thought it might be a great season, XF input and meddling has killed it for me. There have been some shocking performances this year. Am not sure what' Herr Scowell patter' means but nice of you to bring it up, if it relates to those of us on the thread who have expressed disappointment then fair play otherwise I do not know what you mean.

can you not 'understand me'? typical anglo retort to scottish speak

to simplify, what you chaps would classify as "witty bants" or whatever nonsense, "patter" is another dialect's take on the same definition.

to repeat, this "herr scowell" patter is rank.
  • Options
    annie24601annie24601 Posts: 3,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't been bothered with the show that much since OTY and Stevi left.
  • Options
    CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Malkay wrote: »
    can you not 'understand me'? typical anglo retort to scottish speak

to simplify, what you chaps would classify as "witty bants" or whatever nonsense, "patter" is another dialect's take on the same definition.

to repeat, this "herr scowell" patter is rank.

If, in this instance, your patter "rank" refers to the urban word for disgusting, nasty, ugly, gross, etc, then you need to explain what you have a problem with or explain your alternative use of the word "rank".

You are not making yourself clear.

Whereas I, with the use of the German salutation "Herr", am being very specific, but then I have quite some knowledge and experience of that heritage, history and outcomes.

Do you need it explaining? Can I help?