Options

GoggleBox- Ch4

Comments

• Options
    Tom2023Tom2023 Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't let Leon anywhere near my kids.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind the girl, she's a looker and she's fairly spot on, the lad seems a bit camp and has that cocky nasal voice that the toffs in Made In Chelsea have.

a bit Camp? That's one way of describing it ;-)
  • Options
    via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    I gave up on this after 2010, glad I just see it on Gogglebox and go check it out on ITV2, the show is a mess and having her as a judge - she aint fit to do the job, cut their losses get rid of show and her (or give the show a break)

I haven't watch the X Factor for years. I just got sick of all the hype surrounding it and the way the little-talented Cheryl Cole was raised onto such a high pedestal.
    But I don't mind watching clips of the show on Gogglebox....as long as they carry on highlighting Cheryl's less-than-perfect moments. :)
  • Options
    via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom2023 wrote: »
    I wouldn't let Leon anywhere near my kids.
    The whole 'let's have a pop at Leon' is ridiculous.
    Sure, some of the things he says are going to make people disagree (and you only have to look at June's face to see what she thinks...), and sometimes he definitely says things just for effect, but he may well have been a very good teacher, who was able to engage the pupils.
    Just because you don't like him or his views, doesn't make him a bad person!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leon is a bigot.
  • Options
    VulpesVulpes Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    No, he and June are proper lefties.
    They were both teachers... in Liverpool... so that figures!

Leon? Left? Apart from his "bloody jihadists" snipe, did you not see his reaction when watching the news showing the Commons vote in favour of bombing the Middle East? He was practically salivating at the prospect.

Horrible man.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vulpes wrote: »
    Leon? Left? Apart from his "bloody jihadists" snipe, did you not see his reaction when watching the news showing the Commons vote in favour of bombing the Middle East? He was practically salivating at the prospect.

Horrible man.

He is still a Leftie, but a Jewish leftie.:D
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    A few weeks ago someone said about Chris Moyles was with Steph and Dom on Googlbox. Well this is it :confused:

http://youtu.be/IB8rdSOOwSQ
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
    Nicky is also quite gobby with limited capacity upstairs.

I don't mind the Tappers though - they're shouty and confrontational :D

They are one of my favourite's along with Stephen and Chris and the Siddiqui's

Not keen on the new 3 young lads tho.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Andagha wrote: »
    Has the X Factor gone peculiar, is now a non talent show - if you can't sing you get in but if you can sing you don't. Cheryl has no taste at all...

She has no talent either.

That show looks a complete joke from what I have seen on this show.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member

Horrible man.

Some of you have some very odd ideas about those 'on the left' that seem completely at odds with real life and history.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, I agree. It was inevitable that these "ordinary people" would become celebrities in their own right. I think maybe three series maximum should be the limit to keep it fresh.
    Having said that, they still come up with some hilarious lines that are obviously not rehearsed. But once they have become bigger and more well known celebrities than the people they are commenting on while watching tv, it rather takes away the point of the show.

I don't read the Tabloids or Celeb magazines, Hello, etc.
    I take it the Goggleboxers are all featured in them these days, being papped while going about their daily business etc.
    I haven't seen them in chat shows, panel shows or quizzes as celeb participants, but I don't watch any quizzes or chat shows, so easily could have missed them.

I'm so out of 'the loop' The Saturdays and Girls Aloud had retired before I knew they existed, only hear about these things when they're referenced in panel shows.
  • Options
    endersandoaksendersandoaks Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    The Saturdays haven't retired yet. They are still going and doing concerts.
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    via_487 wrote: »
    I haven't watch the X Factor for years. I just got sick of all the hype surrounding it and the way the little-talented Cheryl Cole was raised onto such a high pedestal.
    But I don't mind watching clips of the show on Gogglebox....as long as they carry on highlighting Cheryl's less-than-perfect moments. :)

I think in a way X Factor is highlighted - it doesn't take someone to work out something ain't right with that show - even they worked it out! --- as mentioned previous Monica in my mind was a better singer (highlighted on Gogglebox) and you would think she will go through but Queen Tweedy moaned about the song, was more surprised the woman just walked off (I personally would) but this years X Factor has been a first I have ever seen audience booing (loudly) at arenas (bootcamp?), heard her new song also its a mess will she be performing it live this year on XF or will she mime? I was under the impression when Cheryl came back it would be pre 2009 with her but from last weeks highlight of her giving Raign a bit of a go was a bit uncalled for (as someone pointed out to me was Raign gave her attitude), I think with Gogglebox highlighting it - its better to laugh at it really as thats what XF has become anyway its needs put out of its misery
  • Options
    VulpesVulpes Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of you have some very odd ideas about those 'on the left' that seem completely at odds with real life and history.

Left wingers tend not to have insatiable thirsts for war.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think in a way X Factor is highlighted - it doesn't take someone to work out something ain't right with that show - even they worked it out! --- as mentioned previous Monica in my mind was a better singer (highlighted on Gogglebox) and you would think she will go through but Queen Tweedy moaned about the song, was more surprised the woman just walked off (I personally would) but this years X Factor has been a first I have ever seen audience booing (loudly) at arenas (bootcamp?), heard her new song also its a mess will she be performing it live this year on XF or will she mime? I was under the impression when Cheryl came back it would be pre 2009 with her but from last weeks highlight of her giving Raign a bit of a go was a bit uncalled for (as someone pointed out to me was Raign gave her attitude), I think with Gogglebox highlighting it - its better to laugh at it really as thats what XF has become anyway its needs put out of its misery

After the awful performance with Barlow, I don't think they'll let her sing live or at least not a backing track and dynamic live autotune. She doesn't have a group to cover her deficiencies anymore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Saturdays haven't retired yet. They are still going and doing concerts.

Oh, is an ex-member now a TV presenter.
    I've got a vague recollection that some Female TV presenter came from a girl-band.
    Could have been another girl-band, but those are the only two I know.

Anyway a tangent best forgotten.
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, is an ex-member now a TV presenter.
    I've got a vague recollection that some Female TV presenter came from a girl-band.
    Could have been another girl-band, but those are the only two I know.

Anyway a tangent best forgotten.

Rochelle is an occasional presenter on This Morning with her hubby Marvin. She is still in the Saturdays as well though. Marvin used to be in JLS.
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    Rochelle is an occasional presenter on This Morning with her hubby Marvin. She is still in the Saturdays as well though. Marvin used to be in JLS.

Very occasional, thankfully. In fact, Cheryl's nearly as good at singing as Rochelle is at presenting.
  • Options
    1066andallthat1066andallthat Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't read the Tabloids or Celeb magazines, Hello, etc.
    I take it the Goggleboxers are all featured in them these days, being papped while going about their daily business etc.
    I haven't seen them in chat shows, panel shows or quizzes as celeb participants, but I don't watch any quizzes or chat shows, so easily could have missed them.

I'm so out of 'the loop' The Saturdays and Girls Aloud had retired before I knew they existed, only hear about these things when they're referenced in panel shows.

Do you realise how you come across in this post?

#IBetYouDont
  • Options
    1066andallthat1066andallthat Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went back and watched Steph and Dom in the old episodes of "4 In a Bed" and it confirmed to me that they are a down to earth genuine couple who just happen to be well off.

Going from their ultra-luxurious B&B to a £40 per night B&B in Blackpool and getting stuck in is just what I'd expect.

Steph and Dom and Stephen and Christopher are my favourites.

During the bit about the Clooney wedding I loved the new Manchester families reaction.

At the start the bald dad said "Who gives a f*%k!".

Then, in reaction to his wife saying "Yeah, but you can still be distinguished and good looking with grey hair" he says "or no hair". And the look on his face was priceless. A Hollywood script writer could not do better.

Creased up about the Tappers getting confused about George Clooney / George Michael and who is gay.
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After the awful performance with Barlow, I don't think they'll let her sing live or at least not a backing track and dynamic live autotune. She doesn't have a group to cover her deficiencies anymore.

AAAH the classic "jubillee" moment, I remember that - tuned in for less than 2 mins and she was like a squealing cat and Barlow had to save her in the end :o:D - we forgot that on one of the X Factor programmes they "pre-recorded" her performance so they may again get away with that. I honestly felt like she sang better in the Girls Aloud songs (this is not seeing their performances) but her songs she brings out now you can tell its weak but I guess thats what makes number 1's these days have a weak singing voice, try and be like Beyonce or Nichole Schrizinger and people will clap at it, even that awful song by will.i.am that sampled The Buggles she looked god awful "dancing" (looked more like a pre Nicki Minaj stage she went through :o ) http://vimeo.com/57299996
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member

Ummm yes, how does this suggest he is not left-wing politically?

It's a matter of record on previous series that he has strong left-wing leanings, is in favour of public ownership of utility companies (among other things) is a Labour voter, hates the tories, and despised Thatcher.

He may well favour the proposed war on Isis, which is probably a nuance that doesn't lie compatibly with his political inclinations, but guess what? That's what people are like.

Leon is jewish and was in the army... so this may also have a bearing.
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    They are one of my favourite's along with Stephen and Chris and the Siddiqui's

Not keen on the new 3 young lads tho.

Too soon to tell I think. They're nice to look at at least!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AAAH the classic "jubillee" moment, I remember that - tuned in for less than 2 mins and she was like a squealing cat and Barlow had to save her in the end :o:D - we forgot that on one of the X Factor programmes they "pre-recorded" her performance so they may again get away with that. I honestly felt like she sang better in the Girls Aloud songs (this is not seeing their performances) but her songs she brings out now you can tell its weak but I guess thats what makes number 1's these days have a weak singing voice, try and be like Beyonce or Nichole Schrizinger and people will clap at it, even that awful song by will.i.am that sampled The Buggles she looked god awful "dancing" (looked more like a pre Nicki Minaj stage she went through :o ) http://vimeo.com/57299996

What's sad is Grace Jones blew her away and she's twice her age and was hula hooping in high heels the entire time.

She sand better because Nadine or Kimberly would harmonise on most of the second parts of her lines so it hid her faltering like on Love Machine.

Yeah, she wasn't singing on Check It Out, even Nicki was angry she was put in the video at Will.I.Am's say so without her knowing. Even the song she did with him, Heartbreaker, you can hear they've layered up her voice 3 or 4 times over.
This discussion has been closed.