Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    Nope, you've lost me. :p Who is the woman on the T-shirt? :confused:

Tiffani Amber Thiessen
    --Elizabeth's castmate from Saved By the Bell who Val was more attracted to than he was Elizabeth. :o

Her character was called Kelly Kapowsky.
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Tiffani Amber Thiessen
    --Elizabeth's castmate from Saved By the Bell who Val was more attracted to than he was Elizabeth. :o

Her character was called Kelly Kapowsky.

Ah, thanks :cool:

Val's being a bit of a div. :(
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure this was the best idea ever:

https://twitter.com/DWTSGossip/status/383211709508222976

This is getting painful to watch.

How ungentlemanly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
    Showmance, fauxmance or nomance?

Any of the above Soupy:D At least, she was one of the chosen few, whom he seems to like. Always got the feeling he liked her a bit more than she liked him;)

Now Val's taking the p*** with that t-shirt, if Elizabeth was as childish, she could a get a t-shirt with any other male pro dancer but Val:p
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally Peta let that man dance and look at what he can do :eek: !!! I was so impressed with this QS; They deserve to be at the top.; Yay I was so happy for them and their reactions to the scores =Pricelesss

-Snooki WOW, that was AMAZING :):); Loved, loved the choreography and she is making me warm up to Sasha lol . She did way better than Elisabeth but got the same score like Elisabeth, SMH. She deserved 1 more 9 imo; slightly underscored imo.

-Bill Engvall what a Huge surprise. I love this Paso.

I love the 2 Charlestons. Didn't like Christina costume that much but happy with their score !

I am glad that these non-dancers are giving ringers a run for their money.

Faves of the night : 1- Brant, 2-Snooki, 3- Christina, 4-Bill Engvall
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conspiracy theory :p:p;) : I think that someone else was supposed to go home but instead of letting Bill " Bow down " of the competition , they made him " dance " and announced that he is eliminated when TPTB probably reached a decision earlier that Bill cant continue .
    I also dont believe for 1 second that Peta and Christina were in jeopardy. They probably called the Real couples in jeopardy safe and tried to create some drama.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    Conspiracy theory :p:p;) : I think that someone else was supposed to go home but instead of letting Bill " Bow down " of the competition , they made him " dance " and announced that he is eliminated when TPTB probably reached a decision earlier that Bill cant continue .
    I also dont believe for 1 second that Peta and Christina were in jeopardy. They probably called the Real couples in jeopardy safe and tried to create some drama.

They even announced the bottom two were "not necessarily the bottom two."

But edy, if you keep up with those conspiracy theories I'm gonna nominate you for an honorary membership in PureDWTS. :rolleyes::p

In my maybe-myopic view, Bill Nye was totally the one who insisted on dancing. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How on earth does Len justify giving a 9 to Elisabeth and Val's foxtrot when they were quite a few technical missteps in that routine ? She was trailing behind him at times and why did that foxtrot looked like a QS at times :confused:
    Her topline was not solid at times during that routine.
    I rest my case lol. He has been overmarking people all weekend at Strictly.

Why does he score her higher than Corbin or Snooki who fared so much better compared to her :confused:. SMH

I think that she is one of his favorites this season ;).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They even announced the bottom two were "not necessarily the bottom two."

But edy, if you keep up with those conspiracy theories I'm gonna nominate you for an honorary membership in PureDWTS. :rolleyes::p

In my maybe-myopic view, Bill Nye was totally the one who insisted on dancing. :D

Uhmm glad that I was not the only one who noticed how the whole elimination thing was a bit odd ;):cool:. Low scores or not , I dont think that he was in danger of going home tonight. I think that they knew from the start that with his injury, he was not going to be able to dance the next weeks so they just staged that whole jeopardy/elimination process :p; They didn't even looked too surprised ;)

I agree with the BIB ; I think that he wanted to leave on a high and he did but I am convinced that he was not in danger of going home tonight :cool:

Next week elimination is going to be really interesting :cool:.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those of you who know your British history will recall the manner in which King George V was helped in his dying days (""The King's life is moving peacefully towards its close" and all that). I suspect posters above are right in that Bill Nye was himself moved peacefully towards his exit, and very dignified it was too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corbin - QS - Lots of steps and I liked the routine, but struggling to like Corbin. Not sure why.
    Brant - QS - I'm liking these two this week. Excess of Charleston but fun routine. He did really well.
    Elizabeth - FT - thought this was a bit meh. (Chicken soup to the eyes - Len, some people watch both shows :rolleyes:). E. trying too hard (to be outgoing and fun).
    Leah - Rumba - I hated the rolling around on the floor. Overscored, imo (lots of them were, though)
    Valerie - CCC - dance disahster. Tristan's tight trousers were hilarious. Nice of Len to compliment Tris. Tough music for a cha cha!
    Bill E- Paso - Meh. Did he really do proper paso shapes and steps? Emma gobbing on the floor - euwww!
    Amber - Charleston - curious charleston-hip-hop hybrid, but they made it work. Derek's bendy, swivelly legs rather out-danced Amber's sleepy feet. Not my fave of theirs.
    Jack - CCC - didn't really have the cha cha hips and legs, but he has a few moves. I liked the slide and Cheryls' sixties :confused: dress. (She's looking great this season!)
    Christina - Charleston - apart from Mark's clown face and gurning, I really liked this. Much more dancing than we see in SCD Charleston. Fun without being FUN!!!! ;)
    Snooki - QS - thought this was great, lots and lots of content and the cartwheel was cool. Her shoulders creep up.
    Bill - Jazz - Credit to them for finding a way to work round his limitations, I suppose. Uhmm. He kept to the beat while he jiggled a bit. Silly high scores.

Right elimination, but if it was one of convenience rather than truth, can they really set aside the public vote? Couldn't they have just put pressure on Bill to do what Dorothy did last time?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ha ha got to comment on Leah and Tony, I've only just started watching the show. That was a rumba, think it should be renamed 'Take a Tumble' all that rolling around on the floor, wth:D:D:D:eek: Still Tony seemed to be enjoying, his little self:D:D:D:o The singer didn't help with her rendition of Adele's song. Could see Brant rolling his eyes on the sidelines.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha ha got to comment on Leah and Tony, I've only just started watching the show. That was a rumba, think it should be renamed 'Take a Tumble' all that rolling around on the floor, wth:D:D:D:eek: Still Tony seemed to be enjoying, his little self:D:D:D:o The singer didn't help with her rendition of Adele's song. Could see Brant rolling his eyes on the sidelines.

I agree. At first I was like well this is different :eek: then it went to what dance are they supposed to be doing :confused:
    Overall, it was " different " and I like her partnership with Tony; Its nice to see him so happy this season.

Lmao at Brant's reaction.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corbin - QS - Lots of steps and I liked the routine, but struggling to like Corbin. Not sure why.
    Brant - QS - I'm liking these two this week. Excess of Charleston but fun routine. He did really well.
    Elizabeth - FT - thought this was a bit meh. (Chicken soup to the eyes - Len, some people watch both shows :rolleyes:). E. trying too hard (to be outgoing and fun).
    Leah - Rumba - I hated the rolling around on the floor. Overscored, imo (lots of them were, though)
    Valerie - CCC - dance disahster. Tristan's tight trousers were hilarious. Nice of Len to compliment Tris. Tough music for a cha cha!
    Bill E- Paso - Meh. Did he really do proper paso shapes and steps? Emma gobbing on the floor - euwww!
    Amber - Charleston - curious charleston-hip-hop hybrid, but they made it work. Derek's bendy, swivelly legs rather out-danced Amber's sleepy feet. Not my fave of theirs.
    Jack - CCC - didn't really have the cha cha hips and legs, but he has a few moves. I liked the slide and Cheryls' sixties :confused: dress. (She's looking great this season!)
    Christina - Charleston - apart from Mark's clown face and gurning, I really liked this. Much more dancing than we see in SCD Charleston. Fun without being FUN!!!! ;)
    Snooki - QS - thought this was great, lots and lots of content and the cartwheel was cool. Her shoulders creep up.
    Bill - Jazz - Credit to them for finding a way to work round his limitations, I suppose. Uhmm. He kept to the beat while he jiggled a bit. Silly high scores.

Right elimination, but if it was one of convenience rather than truth, can they really set aside the public vote? Couldn't they have just put pressure on Bill to do what Dorothy did last time?

BIB I agree with Elisabeth ; Trying too hard imo ; And I just watched their Afterbuzz Interview; that was a bit painful to watch :eek: ;Can Val try to act a little bit interested or act like he wants to be there :confused:; It was so awkward to watch. Oh and they have the Argentine Tango next week.

And regarding Bill Nye, maybe he wanted to leave at his own terms and didn't want to just leave like other injured couples left in the past :confused:.

And I think that Karina needs to calm down a little bit with the choreography. She really can win this year but she seems to make those routines extremely difficult and at times Corbin loses a bit of energy in the routines imo. I like them and they are still my pick to win but please Karina calm down lol.
    Oh and Corbin needs to try to come as less " over-confident" . Idk he is starting to rub some people the wrong way and its a shame as he seems lovely.
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tristan's trousers :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And regarding Bill Nye, maybe he wanted to leave at his own terms and didn't want to just leave like other injured couples left in the past :confused:.

Now I'm confused! :p I thought you were on the conspiracy train :p. I just meant that disregarding the public vote to 'eliminate' him could surely cause them problems and if they had wanted to help him out the door, they would have pressed him to 'retire'. Personally, I took it at face value. (As in, he chose to compete and take his chances and then got the boot in the normal way).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now I'm confused! :p I thought you were on the conspiracy train :p. I just meant that disregarding the public vote to 'eliminate' him could surely cause them problems and if they had wanted to help him out the door, they would have pressed him to 'retire'. Personally, I took it at face value. (As in, he chose to compete and take his chances and then got the boot in the normal way).

The whole thing is confusing :o:p:D but Im still on the conspiracy train ;):cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole thing is confusing :o:p:D but Im still on the conspiracy train ;):cool:

Cute! :cool: I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on why TPTB would want him out the door when the YT video of his first dance set all-time DWTS records - 3.35 million views! - and he was getting a lot of buzz, which might translate to more viewers?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member

Agree with most of your observations...except for a few :)

-Elizabeth and Val - while not the best of the night with the mistake...but I really liked that Foxtrot. It oozed elegance and grace. Maybe I've just be subjected to some mediocre Foxtrots in the past but that was really nice. It kind got lost in the mix of some of the more upbeat dances tonight though.

I hope the partnership get's stronger...it will either implode or they will have a break through. Fingers crossed for the break through! Chemistry or not...I want to see them do a Paso Doble, Rumba, Jive, V. Waltz...b/c I know it will be good. Right now Val is my favorite choreographer so I might be a bit biased/selfish in my wishes :D

-I liked Bill E. he was trying very hard. And really nailed the timing. Plus he was so proud of himself...I couldn't help but be proud of him to.

-Snooki did well but at one point it seemed like Sasha was kind of dragging her along...maybe she was behind the music?

-In the battle of the Charlestons....Mark beat Derek IMO. I just preferred the whole concept/theme/choreo for Mark & Christina vs. Derek & Amber (minus the face paint!).

-Amber was good...but I just wasn't into the choreo or music...or something. Also it feels like this is the 3rd dance I've seen where there is alot of side by side dancing. Glad to see her do some ballroom with the Tango.

-I had a huge WTF moment when Tony & Leah started rolling around on the dancefloor :eek: Why Tony would think that was a good dance move??? I will never know. lol :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Corbin - Fast and furious QS, but the footwork suffered for it. Karina looked beautiful in her dress.

Elizabeth - Not worth a 9 imo, little bit out of sync with Val in a couple of bits of the routine.

Brant - Has surprisingly improved, compared to week one, good routine.

Jack - Felt he was at a similar level to Brant to start with, but Brant has overtaken Jack now. Not the best routine, Cheryl looked good though.

Enjoyed both the Charleston routines, Amber nudged it for me, but then I liked the use of will.i.am's song. Distracted by Mark's clown face, Christina performed really well, the best I've seen her so far.

Valerie - Oh dear she lost her way, think the writing was on the wall viewing the training footage. Liked the distraction of Tris' trousers, worked for me:D;);)

Bill E - I enjoyed that Paso, probably because I was reminising with the Lone Ranger song. Emma, dirty, spitting on the floor, should have put some sawdust down for her, she was obviously getting ready to enter the saloon:o

Snooki did well still haven't taken to her, always looks a bit sulky to me for some reason.

Bill N - Different I suppose, credit to him for carrying on.

Looked to me as if the ending was staged, it was a given from the build up Bill couldn't continue dancing with a bum knee, so why make out Christina and Brant were in jeopardy:confused::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awwww what a lovely interview this is :): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN4KhjF7WvA

I like Bill each and every day, who would have thought ? Lol ; I really love his attitude and personality; I really hope that he goes far. 2 of my favorite partnerships this season .

This interview : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aArShhS2t4 left me :confused::confused:

Mark and Christina http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8KX8dKjh5U

-Mark is so funny and lovely , Idk why some people find him so annoying :( Lol. And the band messed up their song; Didnt even noticed; Good on Christina for not panicking. I love this partnership.

-Snooki and Sasha :); They balance each other personalities well enough.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmGjqMM7CnY
    I am so excited for their jive next week :). I predict a couple of 9s with this routine :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corbin - Fast and furious QS, but the footwork suffered for it. Karina looked beautiful in her dress.

Elizabeth - Not worth a 9 imo, little bit out of sync with Val in a couple of bits of the routine.

Brant - Has surprisingly improved, compared to week one, good routine.

Jack - Felt he was at a similar level to Brant to start with, but Brant has overtaken Jack now. Not the best routine, Cheryl looked good though.

Enjoyed both the Charleston routines, Amber nudged it for me, but then I liked the use of will.i.am's song. Distracted by Mark's clown face, Christina performed really well, the best I've seen her so far.

Valerie - Oh dear she lost her way, think the writing was on the wall viewing the training footage. Liked the distraction of Tris' trousers, worked for me:D;);)

Bill E - I enjoyed that Paso, probably because I was reminising with the Lone Ranger song. Emma, dirty, spitting on the floor, should have put some sawdust down for her, she was obviously getting ready to enter the saloon:o

Snooki did well still haven't taken to her, always looks a bit sulky to me for some reason.

Bill N - Different I suppose, credit to him for carrying on.

Looked to me as if the ending was staged, it was a given from the build up Bill couldn't continue dancing with a bum knee, so why make out Christina and Brant were in jeopardy:confused::confused:

For drama ;).
    I also think that it was staged.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cute! :cool: I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on why TPTB would want him out the door when the YT video of his first dance set all-time DWTS records - 3.35 million views! - and he was getting a lot of buzz, which might translate to more viewers?

Oh , I am sure that they would have loved if he could carry on in the show (this was BEFORE he had any injury ) because he brought a lot of viewers this season, but unfortunately I think that his injury changed the course of things. He couldn't possibly continue with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brant was robbed at gunpoint outside of his apartment last week :eek::eek::eek:. Poor guy.

http://www.puredwts.com/2013/10/01/puredwts-season-17-week-3-interviews-after-dance-night-some-dances-revealed/