Take That Tour 2011

Comments

• StueyStuey Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone who bought tickets over the automated phoneline with Ticketmaster had their tickets dispatched or payment taken yet?

I got two on the Northern Ireland Ticketmaster number at 7pm on Friday evening and although the order appears in my account on the Ticketmaster website the tickets have yet to be dispatched and my billing address just appears as a back slash \

Is this normal?
  • anna42hmranna42hmr Posts: 2,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    according to some of the other sites,the tickets are "souvenier" tickets and will not be dispatched until closer to the event.

as for money being taken from account yet, i ordered through ticketmaster.ie but the money has not come off my credit card yet (however the difference between the credit limit and available limit indicates that they have started to process it)
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With a bit of luck Ticketmaster and co will trace some of the tickets on ebay to the original purchaser and cancel their orders,meaning those tickets can go back on sale alongside duplicate orders and those where the funds don't clear.
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuey wrote: »
    Has anyone who bought tickets over the automated phoneline with Ticketmaster had their tickets dispatched or payment taken yet?

I got two on the Northern Ireland Ticketmaster number at 7pm on Friday evening and although the order appears in my account on the Ticketmaster website the tickets have yet to be dispatched and my billing address just appears as a back slash \

Is this normal?

Just as said above, often tickets will not be dispatched until much closer to the event. Different events seem to send tickets at different times, but they can be up to a month before the event. Give them a ring if you're worried though. :)
  • TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Is this normal?

You won't get the tickets for another 6 months yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smithy1204 wrote: »
    Just as said above, often tickets will not be dispatched until much closer to the event. Different events seem to send tickets at different times, but they can be up to a month before the event. Give them a ring if you're worried though. :)

Just rang the bank and the £125.25 for two tickets is pending to come out. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That might annoy the eBayers slightly! :p

Persoanlly I suppose it's a good thing as it means six less months for me to lose them in!

I originally bought them as a secret Xmas present for my girlfriend but afterwards we were sitting there on Friday night and the advert for the tour came on the telly and she made me try and get some tickets.

This was of course after I'd already bought them so I got on the Ticketmaster website checking all the dates and pretending to be disapointed upon discovering each one was sold out but I couldn't keep a straight face and she sussed me out so eventually I had to come clean!

I suppose it doesn't matter in the end as I wouldn't have had the tickets to give her on Xmas day anyway and a printed receipt as a present just wouldn't look good at all; no matter who the band is!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kyresa wrote: »
    Why do they always do this?

Why can't these acts actually start at 8 so it finishes maybe just after 10 and people have a GOOD chance of getting trains home etc.

Getting out of Wembley at 11 is going to be a nightmare, it will take over half an hour to get back to waterloo, so if you have to get your train from that area of London earlier than 11.45pm then you're stuck!

I've had to cut soo many concerts short because they insist on going on stage so bloody late and you risk not being able to get home if you stay to the end :mad:

When there are major events on, they always put on extra trains from the stations as to try help people get home quickly. I was home by 12:30am last year, but I live in South London so once I had got to Victoria, it didn't take me long.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just rang the bank and the £125.25 for two tickets is pending to come out. :D

My payment cleared today!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That might annoy the eBayers slightly! :p

Persoanlly I suppose it's a good thing as it means six less months for me to lose them in!

I originally bought them as a secret Xmas present for my girlfriend but afterwards we were sitting there on Friday night and the advert for the tour came on the telly and she made me try and get some tickets.

This was of course after I'd already bought them so I got on the Ticketmaster website checking all the dates and pretending to be disapointed upon discovering each one was sold out but I couldn't keep a straight face and she sussed me out so eventually I had to come clean!

I suppose it doesn't matter in the end as I wouldn't have had the tickets to give her on Xmas day anyway and a printed receipt as a present just wouldn't look good at all; no matter who the band is!

Why would it annoy the Ebayers? It will annoy the people who have bought them, but unlikely to bother those who have sold them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really? Why?
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Really? Why?

The tickets are never sent out until about 14 - 7 days before the concerts. You have a confirmation email with seating details, etc and that is it until the actual ticket arrives. I'm not quite sure why the do this ... although it could possibly be to stop tickets being physically handed over for profit straight away. I always opt to collect tickets from the box-office ... just in case anyone pinches the tickets closer to the day (well as birthday money goes astray ... who knows?)
  • weedledeedleweedledeedle Posts: 8,669
    Forum Member
    I got home from work at about 4.30pm today, went into the kitchen to make a cuppa and my 'phone rang......

I checked the caller display and it said "With held".

Now normally, I just let it ring until the answerphone kicks in and wait until I hear a voice but today, feeling charitable, I decided to answer it ;)

The person at the other end asked to speak to me by my name ;) and I, quite rudely :eek: :o said "yeah, who wants her?"

and the person at the other end said "It's Ticketmaster here, you applied for Wheelchair access tickets to Take That, would you still like them.......?"
    :eek:
    *faints and picks oneself up*

"ermmm,,,when for, what is available?"
    "any day you like really..."

"oh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessss pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze"

*Happy dance*

two tix for 2 July - wheeeeeeeeeeee heeee!

so, they DO ring you back - even after five days!!
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    I got home from work at about 4.30pm today, went into the kitchen to make a cuppa and my 'phone rang......

Have you been to their concerts before? If not ... believe me ... if half as good as TC or BW ... you are in for one gigantic musical treat!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? Why?

Have you never booked tickets for a big concert before?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They never send them until really close to the concert. Last tour I had to pick up all but one of my set of tickets at the box office(althogh that's prob cos I live in Ireland and the concerts were in the UK) And loads of people on Twitter who ordered with Ticketmaster said their money hasn't come out so wouldn't worry about that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How are they supposed to send me a confirmation Email when i ordered by phone.
    Have you never booked tickets for a big concert before?

I went seeing Good Charlotte at the M.E.N when i was younger.
    I went seeing Lee Evans at the M.E.N in 2008.

Other than them... No.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member

They must have given you a booking reference and details of your seats over the phone?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I went seeing Good Charlotte at the M.E.N when i was younger.
    I went seeing Lee Evans at the M.E.N in 2008.

Other than them... No.

Did you get any information off them like a confirmation number? You'll know once the money goes out, but might be worth getting in touch with them to find out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a reference number, that is all.
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I checked the caller display and it said "With held".

Now normally, I just let it ring until the answerphone kicks in and wait until I hear a voice but today, feeling charitable, I decided to answer it ;)

The person at the other end asked to speak to me by my name ;) and I, quite rudely :eek: :o said "yeah, who wants her?"

and the person at the other end said "It's Ticketmaster here, you applied for Wheelchair access tickets to Take That, would you still like them.......?"
    *faints and picks oneself up*

"ermmm,,,when for, what is available?"
    "any day you like really..."

"oh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessss pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze"

*Happy dance*

two tix for 2 July - wheeeeeeeeeeee heeee!

so, they DO ring you back - even after five days!!

so happy for you :)
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moomee wrote: »
    When I went to Sunderland for the Circus tour, we got out just before 11 & it's usually about 40 mins to get home. We got home at 2am!! It was gridlock around the stadium & the park & ride buses couldn't move, people pushed into the queues for the buses & it was a nightmare.
    The 2nd night we used the Metro park & ride - it was much better organised & much quicker, got home about 12.15.
    At least if you go expecting it, it won't be so bad.

when i went to sunderland i had to queue for over an hour for the metro it was so manic:(
  • moomeemoomee Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    when i went to sunderland i had to queue for over an hour for the metro it was so manic:(
    Sorry to hear you had to queue so long TV Queen!! We did get out really quick & stepped it out to get to the station, but we only queued for about 10 mins. We did see a queue building behind us though. Hope you get home quicker next time.:D
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to Oasis at the SOL last year and had to queue for over an hour for the metro as well.
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? Why?

you hardly ever get concert tickets until at least a month or so before the concert, Im not sure why but Im happy as I always lose things so the less time they are in my possession the less chance there is of me losing them :D