Options

Why don`t girls give nice guys a chance ?

Comments

• Options
    KindaKinda Posts: 4,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sandwiches everyone? Hot and fresh, from the kitchen
  • Options
    afcbfanafcbfan Posts: 7,162
    Forum Member
    Phew! I thought Robert had started a new thread, then.

I'm a nice guy. Nice in the negative meaning of the word, unfortunately. But at least I'm aware of that, in my defence.
  • Options
    Mike HawkeMike Hawke Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    Kinda wrote: »
    Sandwiches everyone? Hot and fresh, from the kitchen
    Excellent, ta.

See that tghe-retford? Man asks for sandwich, sandwich appears. ;)
  • Options
    tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mike Hawke wrote: »
    Excellent, ta.

I'm more used to having to make my own...

(not a euphemism!)
  • Options
    KindaKinda Posts: 4,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mike Hawke wrote: »
    Excellent, ta.

That's because he's a nice guy!
    I'm more used to having to make my own...

(not a euphemism!)

Good you added that disclaimer :p
  • Options
    BagpipesBagpipes Posts: 5,443
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one who visualises the OP as Marvin from the original Hitchhikers's Guide TV series?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Born FreeBorn Free Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kinda wrote: »
    That's because he's a nice guy!

Good you added that disclaimer :p

This.

Him and the OP should share tips on what its like to be nice guys because both seem to be having the same problem. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Born Free wrote: »
    Both should share tips on what its make to be nice guys because both seem to be having the same problem. :D
    I refer the forum member to the reply given in post #283. And who is the other person you are also referring to?
  • Options
    PretinamaPretinama Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    Probably because they're stupid (the girls that is). But don't worry gay guys don't give nice gay guys a chance either. Well, usually...
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Girls will give nice guys a chance of they have good personalities, are good looking or a mixture of the two.

Girls can smell desperation a mile off, constant whining/self loathing and neediness is a massive turn off.

they're pretty good at sensing who doesn't really like them too - the OP shouldn't fill his friend's head with all that immature rot about nice guys etc - it's loser talk and it's offensive and it's practically begging to be knocked back.
    he thing to do is build confidence in himself and in women - then he'll find life is a whole different story. genuionely nice giys don't get left on the shelf.
  • Options
    Born FreeBorn Free Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I refer the forum member to the reply given in post #283. And who is the other person you are also referring to?

You just sound like a hypocrite saying you would go out with a nice girl which sounds like nice guy talk(the poster caught you out on that one) nothing wrong with you being a nice guy so don't be offended its no bigger deal. :)

You don't seem to have any luck with women with the comments you made earlier, as the poster pointed out so you must be one of those nice guy's.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5340robert wrote: »
    It`s a question which is often asked, Today we were talking about relationships/sex at work (at dinner lol) and i found out that one lad is still a virgin at 19 and he`s a nice guy and it`s stories like that and girls hanging about with knobheads which makes me sad.

Sadly a man cannot get a woman just by being "nice" OP - he also needs to have attributes which she personally finds attractive, and, as others have said on here, that doesn't necessarily mean regarding his physical appearance.

A "nice" guy, (one who doesn't/wouldn't cheat or hurt, and is attentive), who has had no interest from women for quite a while, probably could do with getting an illness or playing up what health conditions he has, as the sympathy thing is a very popular attractor? Cafes, greasy spoons, coffee shops, are good places to get femminine "sympathy", as lots of young women work in them and like to flirt with the male customers. Low blood sugar is a good place to start - you can pass out with it, and that's attention grabbing - a sudden swoon at the peak of the health complaints, you know.
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dolls wrote: »
    A "nice" guy, (one who doesn't/wouldn't cheat or hurt, and is attentive), who has had no interest from women for quite a while, probably could do with getting an illness or playing up what health conditions he has, as the sympathy thing is a very popular attractor? Cafes, greasy spoons, coffee shops, are good places to get femminine "sympathy", as lots of young women work in them and like to flirt with the male customers. Low blood sugar is a good place to start - you can pass out with it, and that's attention grabbing - a sudden swoon at the peak of the health complaints, you know.

Awesome advice...nothing wrong with the odd sympathy ****. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulbrock wrote: »
    Awesome advice...nothing wrong with the odd sympathy ****. :D

thanks - especially as it hardly matters what the rest of a man's personality is like, providing a woman has enough sympathy for him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Born Free wrote: »
    You don't seem to have any luck with women with the comments you made earlier, as the poster pointed out so you must be one of those nice guy's.
    You're talking to someone who managed to uphold a two year relationship with a woman, not the sound of someone who can't find anyone, eh?

Although I will admit, since we split up back in 2009, I haven't had much luck with women. No problem, single life is sweet!

Now for what I hope is a humorous look at how "nice" guys could be seen by society:
    ---

[STRAWMAN]
    Do you know that the majority of people who have been arrested on terror related charges have been men who have been single and had no luck with women? Timothy McVeigh, the Oklahoma bomber, had no luck with women and did not know how to attract women. Therefore "nice" guys = terrorists!!! Should we ask the Police to start up a database of "nice" guys in case they wish to take out their frustration by blowing things up?

I heard on the radio that those protesters in Luton didn't have girlfriends, therefore "nice" guys = intolerant of other religions and of the military, and are a threat to British values. Maybe the Daily Mail should start a campaign to get rid of "nice" guys in the same way they dislike benefit claimants and immigrants?

I could go on, many men who committed some of the worst crimes were loners who couldn't find girlfriends. Therefore "nice"guys = future serial killers and other heinous criminals.
    [/STRAWMAN]

---

That's about as rational as some people's hatred of "nice" guys. I'd rather be selfless and help.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a thread like this in advice a while back and the argument just went round and round in circles.

Women do like nice guys. My OH is a lovely man. Men just use that excuse when they can't find a woman to have a relationship with.
  • Options
    bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did not make it through the whole thread, and possibly this has been stated before: sometimes it is to the woman's disadvantage that she is not attracted to the 'nice guy.' Other than guys who try too hard or are smothering, there are legitimately nice guys out there who women will reject as boring, for the one who is smooth, leaves to play ice hockey, and can't call to say he's late because his cell phone was left his locker. And dat's da truth.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Women do like nice guys. My OH is a lovely man. Men just use that excuse when they can't find a woman to have a relationship with.

Indeed. It's a classic cop out. Putting a problem into a small box and giving it a name.. ie.. women don't like nice guys. Solves all their problems and removes any responsibility from themselves for fixing their plight, because it's not their fault right? It's just the way it is. Means they don't even need to try and be positive because the odds are already stacked against them.

It's just a cop out and an excuse.
  • Options
    SlowRapSlowRap Posts: 1,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The secret is to find that sweet middle between nice and prick..then you get all the ladies in the world..
  • Options
    bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed. It's a classic cop out. Putting a problem into a small box and giving it a name.. ie.. women don't like nice guys. Solves all their problems and removes any responsibility from themselves for fixing their plight, because it's not their fault right? It's just the way it is. Means they don't even need to try and be positive because the odds are already stacked against them.

Maybe, but not always. I have been a perpetrator in the past of turning down some perfectly nice guys, sorry guys, if you are reading this and can decipher my screen name).:o It was nothing you did wrong, it was me.
  • Options
    2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Indeed, it's the male equivalent of the "all the decent guys are either married or gay" lament heard from similarly frustrated women. ;):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    The notion that "girls don't give nice guys a chance" is a sexist generalisation, as is the one that claims "men don't like strong women."
  • Options
    HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a generalisation of course and there are exceptions, but l think some teenage girls who havent matured mentally go for the 'bad boy' more, then they learn by experience that bad guys are called 'bad' for a reason. As they mature they start to appriciate nice guys more I think.
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    isn't part of the 'bad boy' attraction the idea that the woman can change them?