Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 (9)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just one of them things.

It's a stat and if you can improve a stat why not? Some people like doing that, some people like collecting stamps - it doesn't need to help them in real life.

What I do hate though, is people not playing the objective to better their stats, I detest that. If you play the objective and better your stats then cool, let people care.

Everyone likes to do different stuff, you might love football whilst the next person hates it.

For the record, I like to see my K/D get better but I always play the objective and don't act an arse just to improve it.

But once the servers get shut down you no longer have that K/D rate while somebody who collects stamps will still have the stamps, not to mention the stamps will have some value

I'm not against online gaming being a hobby but once it becomes something like this where you actively ruin it for other people just for a better stat that's when it has gone to far, its a fictional number that will never ever have any real world meaning

I probably have a K/D of 1, while somebody could have a K/D rate of 4 and it will of effected neither of our lives outside the game, it is pointless
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snipers, snipe.

They go for the long shots, so the dog tags are going to be far away from them. They just have to hope a team mate will collect the DT.

I don't get what the problem is.

If the other team has a sniper they'll have the same problem.

I've seen plenty of non snipers not go for tags, even when they've been right by them.
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    Anyone else played their league placing matches? 5 games and then placed. Didn't appear to be as many bellends playing in the league games, which was a nice surprise. Didn't realise until the 4th game that my 5 load outs weren't actually my load outs. Once I put all my attachments and perks back on I did alright. Got rinsed in the first three games though.
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Why would anyone care about a K/D rate though, i mean seriously it doesn't help you at all in real life, what about in a couple of years when the COD fad is over what are people going to do with their K/D rates then?

I play the game to prestige because its basically the games why of saying you have completed the main mulitplayer mode now do whatever you want, then i move onto the next game

I play them, and kdr dosnt even come into it

currently I have won 15 games, all depneds who in the lobby, and what game, have been promoted 2 tiomes, form bronze to silver, and now promoted to gold, and in the top 5

You team just need to keep there cool whne playing league games, we even had a game of hardpoint where we were winning 95 - 20, well with in a few mins the scoreline was 100 - 120, and the other team went on to win 165 - 200

so being in the lead, you can easily throw the game, and lose, and in the lobby team mate were blaming each other, some players decided to go camping
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But once the servers get shut down you no longer have that K/D rate while somebody who collects stamps will still have the stamps, not to mention the stamps will have some value

I'm not against online gaming being a hobby but once it becomes something like this where you actively ruin it for other people just for a better stat that's when it has gone to far, its a fictional number that will never ever have any real world meaning

I probably have a K/D of 1, while somebody could have a K/D rate of 4 and it will of effected neither of our lives outside the game, it is pointless

Value is in the eye of the beholder.

You seem to think it needs to have a point - it doesn't.
  • terry66532terry66532 Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i normally sit in an empty room with one entry/exit point , it can get a bit quiet so i fire a few shots and wait for someone to come so i can kill them.

sometimes they come back for revenge , i will hide in a different position or sometimes outside the room so i can kill them again.

eventually though they end up killing me when a few of them turn up at same time,
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tokenting wrote: »
    i normally sit in an empty room with one entry/exit point

I've tried it. But i feel embarrassed for myself within about 90 seconds, and i always imagine someone just joined and hasn't picked a class yet, and they're observing me sat in a room hardly moving. I'd find that kind of mortifying. Especially if i was there for ages without a kill.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Taking a few seconds out I think is fine. Having a bit of a run around too is fine. I detest people who do one or the other to the extreme - someone sitting at the back of the map, or in a dark corner for the entire game, or someone who goes running around non-stop with Extreme Conditioning, Lightweight and the knife/shotgun - just f*ck off.

Snipers sniping in KC is fine - just so long as it's not the whole team doing it. My problems with those, whether sniping or not, who have no interest in confirming/denying kills - again, if that's your deal, go f*ck off and play TDM.

The only reason why these muppets do it in objective-based game modes is because it's easier to play TDM style in those modes and get the kills as others are more focused on achieving the objective than their precious K/D. Half of the time, you check their W/L record, and it's terrible. So, your K/D is 4, but your W/L is 0.25? Wow, impressive.......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    i normally sit in an empty room with one entry/exit point , it can get a bit quiet so i fire a few shots and wait for someone to come so i can kill them.

sometimes they come back for revenge , i will hide in a different position or sometimes outside the room so i can kill them again.

eventually though they end up killing me when a few of them turn up at same time,

There is a special place in hell reserved for people who camp like that LOL

Camping all match £0, watching the game go by £0, Paying £40+ to play a game where you spend all match not moving = PRICELESS!! I tip my hat to you sir, I really do!!
  • PilotofthestormPilotofthestorm Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Assuming this isn't a wind up I've got to ask what possible enjoyment do you get from playing this way??

I'm not having a dig, you can play the game anyway you see fit. Its not for me to dicate how you play but I'm genuinely interested in the mindset.
  • scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    I just play the game. I get cheesed off when you play games like domination, hard point and kill confirmed and other team members don't do the objectives.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Assuming this isn't a wind up I've got to ask what possible enjoyment do you get from playing this way??

I'm not having a dig, you can play the game anyway you see fit. Its not for me to dicate how you play but I'm genuinely interested in the mindset.

i find it satisfying to get the better of an opponent 1v1 , he has the advantage because he knows where i am when he comes back , but i have the element of suprise in that i will probably not be where he thinks i am.

normally 3rd time i go back to my original spot -- kind of like a double bluff.

Am not too interested on what is going on outside -- all that matters to me is this heads up battle between me and whoever was unlucky enough to come into my room
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yunno what? I must admit, after being shot in the back by that type of player (corner camper) more times than I can count to, I have tried to emulate it. That lasts for all of 30 seconds before I get utterly bored and start running around like a headless chicken again :p

I just don't see the fun in playing either defensively, or by sitting in a dark corner waiting. Maybe my KD would be wonderful if I did that, but I mostly enjoy trying to flank - it's like an obsession. Couldn't be a corner camper if you paid me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i find it satisfying to get the better of an opponent 1v1 , he has the advantage because he knows where i am when he comes back , but i have the element of suprise in that i will probably not be where he thinks i am.

Am not too interested on what is going on outside -- all that matters to me is this heads up battle between me and whoever was unlucky enough to come into my room

Your room? Prove it. Show me a letter with your name and address on it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yunno what? I must admit, after being shot in the back by that type of player (corner camper) more times than I can count to, I have tried to emulate it. That lasts for all of 30 seconds before I get utterly bored and start running around like a headless chicken again :p

I just don't see the fun in playing either defensively, or by sitting in a dark corner waiting. Maybe my KD would be wonderful if I did that, but I mostly enjoy trying to flank - it's like an obsession. Couldn't be a corner camper if you paid me.

I have tried this running around lark -- not my cup of tea though , i guess its a personal preference
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know, moving about in a video game is crazy!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have tried this running around lark -- not my cup of tea though , i guess its a personal preference

It's cool, we all play different ways, and some are definitely more annoying than others. But hey, if you pay for a game you get to play it how you want as far as I'm concerned. I just have no patience to play defensively.

I think this game is the lowest my KD has been since COD4 though ^^. I'm only at 1.22, but trying not to care.

I have found that playing league games are much more calming. They're balanced a LOT better and I do much better in them, so if anybody hasn't tried out league play, you might wanna check it out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Value is in the eye of the beholder.

You seem to think it needs to have a point - it doesn't.

If something is pointless why do it?

i play online and enjoy it, therefore the point of COD for me is fun
  • PilotofthestormPilotofthestorm Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Fair enough mate, if that's what you enjoy then fair play to you.

I'm with Artemis, can't stay in one place for more than 30 secs and as for campers well my mates and I will just avoid them totally once we've sussed out where they are. They then basically spend the whole match sat in a dark corner doing nothing ;)
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If something is pointless why do it?

i play online and enjoy it, therefore the point of COD for me is fun

Everyone has fun in different ways. You can't seem to grasp this concept, so let's just agree to disagree.

I'm not defending people who play DOM/CTF/KC etc etc, just to boost stats. Only trying to show you how others might care about their K/D in these games without playing like a total knob.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    Head glitching - It's when someone hides behind some of the scenery with just their head showing. Thanks to the mechanics of the game, you can still shoot, but the other guy can only see your head.

Quickscoping - When you have the sniper rifle, if you have your crosshairs on a target, press the left trigger to bring up the sight and soon as it starts to come up, press fire, bingo, one kill.

Both are exploits within the mechanics of the game that the talentless insist on abusing.

On the bright side, I was in with a group of French lads earlier - wasted them. On MW3 if you encountered any of our European friends it was time to prepare yourself for hardship.

In fairness, while quickscoping is cheap and I hate it as much as the next, it's still hard to have success with.

Thankfully most quickscopers aren't any good and are just kids. When you play against quickscopers than can quickscope you're gonna have a very hard time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roland rat wrote: »
    I play them, and kdr dosnt even come into it

currently I have won 15 games, all depneds who in the lobby, and what game, have been promoted 2 tiomes, form bronze to silver, and now promoted to gold, and in the top 5

You team just need to keep there cool whne playing league games, we even had a game of hardpoint where we were winning 95 - 20, well with in a few mins the scoreline was 100 - 120, and the other team went on to win 165 - 200

so being in the lead, you can easily throw the game, and lose, and in the lobby team mate were blaming each other, some players decided to go camping
    I went straight into the Platinum league, oh yeah :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    I feel like I'm playing a new game since changing my search preferences to 'Best'. I've had several matches today where I cleaned up the competition and got positive scores - even on Nuketown, which I did dreadfully on before. When I come into direct confrontation with someone and get killed, I now feel like I was at fault, rather than the enemy seeing me before I saw them etc.

Enjoying it far more now that I've changed things.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iHelix wrote: »
    I feel like I'm playing a new game since changing my search preferences to 'Best'. I've had several matches today where I cleaned up the competition and got positive scores - even on Nuketown, which I did dreadfully on before. When I come into direct confrontation with someone and get killed, I now feel like I was at fault, rather than the enemy seeing me before I saw them etc.

Enjoying it far more now that I've changed things.
    Won't last long - I had mine on Best from the start and it was awesome when I first popped the game in.

It was like coming home at the end of a holiday and jumping into bed - you get that great soothing feeling.

I had that with BO2. It felt like I had been liberated of lag compared to MW3 and then it has progressively gotten worse.

Either that or everyone has become progressively better and I have stayed being crap.

Might have to wait for the 'Christmas noobs'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You're just rubbish, though. That's actually what it is. If you could run and gun, I don't believe for a second that you'd prefer to hide in dark corners.

Anyone, and I mean anyone, can rotate corners and kill infinitely better, unsuspecting and frustrated players. Anyone, and I mean anyone, can corner camp and go positive.

Corner camping is an exploit, an exploitation of the better nature of better players. It's the most noobish and cheap, talent-lacking way to play the game that there is. Oh wow, you shot me in the back while I was running through a room, thumbs up for out-skilling me :rolleyes:

Play that way by all means, but don't delude yourself into thinking or trying to convince others that you're talented or better than someone you kill for doing so. You have the element of surprise only because most people aren't expecting to run into some corner camping loser!

My suggestion to anybody who is frustrated by these players and does want revenge: just switch to a riot shield class - corner campers, or any type of camper really, lack the basic talent to out maneuver riot shields. They'll either die, because they suck, or run away in fear.

You can watch this series for more ideas if you're sick of campers ruining the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqCyBSJcwwI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jlF61Qorrs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uPlID4IXiI

etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    chopoff wrote: »
    Won't last long - I had mine on Best from the start and it was awesome when I first popped the game in.

It was like coming home at the end of a holiday and jumping into bed - you get that great soothing feeling.

I had that with BO2. It felt like I had been liberated of lag compared to MW3 and then it has progressively gotten worse.

Either that or everyone has become progressively better and I have stayed being crap.

Might have to wait for the 'Christmas noobs'.

Maybe, but for now it's a huge improvement over what I was getting before. I only won direct confrontations every once in a while as I usually didn't even get chance to raise my gun before dying, whereas the other guy had me on his screen for much longer.

I unlocked the AN-94 earlier today. Awesome weapon! I wipe the floor with people when using it and it feels so powerful.