Bruce Forsyth a UK Legend.Please show some respect

Comments

• Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    ...However, it appears he left his bad joke writers behind and managed to find ones even worse.

... and that really does take some doing!
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    You wait three months for the finale of a show and Bruce tramples all over it. The last moments of Strictly are meant to be a celebration, not a chance for some grouch to tell everyone off so he can dither on into the camera.

Absolutely agree!!!

Everyone - including Sir Brucie - needs to know when it is time to stop. Yes, he has been Mr Entertainment for over 50 years, yes, he was a good host - NOT NOW!!!

Time has come to retire gracefully - Sir Bruce certainly doesn't need the money or the hassle of the show. With this year's line-up of celebrities, the host needs more sparkle and good humour. Please Bruce/BBC - Strictly is meant to be a fun show with good humour - not spoiled by a grouch.

Perhaps the solution is to let him do the results show and let Tess - and perhaps Ian Waite or Zoe Ball, do the main show. I for one wouldn't miss the current Brucie.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nyannie wrote: »
    Absolutely agree!!!

Everyone - including Sir Brucie - needs to know when it is time to stop. Yes, he has been Mr Entertainment for over 50 years, yes, he was a good host - NOT NOW!!!

Time has come to retire gracefully - Sir Bruce certainly doesn't need the money or the hassle of the show. With this year's line-up of celebrities, the host needs more sparkle and good humour. Please Bruce/BBC - Strictly is meant to be a fun show with good humour - not spoiled by a grouch.

Perhaps the solution is to let him do the results show and let Tess - and perhaps Ian Waite or Zoe Ball, do the main show. I for one wouldn't miss the current Brucie.

Retirement is for Sir Bruce to decide.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nyannie wrote: »
    Absolutely agree!!!

Now that I could cope with as I rarely watch the results show. His fizz has gone and the bubbles have disappeared, definitely time to go.
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Now that I could cope with as I rarely watch the results show. His fizz has gone and the bubbles have disappeared, definitely time to go.
    The results are filmed after the main show and broadcast on Sunday. Mr FF is already at home in bed by the time the results are announced. That's why he isn't in the results show any more.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    The results are filmed after the main show and broadcast on Sunday. Mr FF is already at home in bed by the time the results are announced. That's why he isn't in the results show any more.

I know that, but it is filmed after the main show, so he wouldn't have to be there so long and could have a lie down beforehand.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Once a well-loved show that most would have watched live from beginning to end.
    Over the years I'm sure many people have come to watch their recordings of this show, each will have certain sections which they've found progressively irritating and they always fast-forward through them.
    I can reduce it to about half an hour's entertainment.
    Forum Member
    I know that, but it is filmed after the main show, so he wouldn't have to be there so long and could have a lie down beforehand.
    The announcement of the results is the last thing that's done. Everything else is recorded while they're waiting so he'd have to stay to the end, something he said he didn't want to do when he handed the results show over to Tess.
    Forum Member
    On 'Mock the Week':

"The answer is 56 years. What is the question?"

"Bruce Forsyth's age at the time of the big bang."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The announcement of the results is the last thing that's done. Everything else is recorded while they're waiting so he'd have to stay to the end, something he said he didn't want to do when he handed the results show over to Tess.

As he's now 20 years older than the usual retirement age and it would appear he's unable to do a "full day's work" (doesn't do the results show, recorded on the same day) I can't see why the BBC still keep him on.
    In the past he's banged on about how much rest he needs on Sundays, because of the strain of Saturday's show.

Do I care?

"If you can't stand the heat...."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom2512 wrote: »
    Respect TerryM22 OBE :D

Thank you Tom that is very kind of you, I don't have any titles though unlike our Sir Bruce..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    Thank you Tom that is very kind of you, I don't have any titles though unlike our Sir Bruce..

Take heart Terry, I'm sure some on here can think of a few.
    Forum Member
    Terry was replying to a post from 22nd December 2012!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's very kind of you Mr Dog, but unlike Sir Bruce I am not deserving of a title, it is very kind of people to think that way though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terry was replying to a post from 22nd December 2012!

I have just noticed Toms nice comment, an appreciative gesture never fades, Sir Bruce is always very appreciative of his fans.
    Forum Member
    I have just noticed Toms nice comment, an appreciative gesture never fades, Sir Bruce is always very appreciative of his fans.
    The only way to "just notice" that message was to go back to the beginning of the thread and read all the posts, presumably to see your own. I found the date by clicking on the arrow next to the poster's name in your quote. And I don't think the "titles" Doghouse mentioned are the kind of titles you have in mind.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only way to "just notice" that message was to go back to the beginning of the thread and read all the posts, presumably to see your own. I found the date by clicking on the arrow next to the poster's name in your quote. And I don't think the "titles" Doghouse mentioned are the kind of titles you have in mind.

Ooo.. Janet, how perceptive of you!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It was very easy for me to 'just notice' Toms post, when I click onto a thread I scroll down to get to the tab to take me to the last page, sometimes if I am going to fast I carry on until I reach the tab at the bottom of the first page, that's what happened this time and there at the bottom of the first page was Toms very kind post, that how I found it, quite simple really. Navigating around the internet can be quite taxing at times as Sir Bruce probably finds too.
    Forum Member
    It was very easy for me to 'just notice' Toms post, when I click onto a thread I scroll down to get to the tab to take me to the last page, sometimes if I am going to fast I carry on until I reach the tab at the bottom of the first page, that's what happened this time and there at the bottom of the first page was Toms very kind post, that how I found it, quite simple really. Navigating around the internet can be quite taxing at times as Sir Bruce probably finds too.
    Tom's message was actually the tenth one down the page out of 25 - not at the bottom of the first page. Try again - don't add any more insults to the ones you've already given me by assuming I'm stupid. You're definitely not forgiven for the insults you've already made and won't ever be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom's message was actually the tenth one down the page out of 25 - not at the bottom of the first page. Try again - don't add any more insults to the ones you've already given me by assuming I'm stupid. You're definitely not forgiven for the insults you've already made and won't ever be.

I must admit that Maths is not my strong point Janet, but I am able to count reasonably well, Toms message was number 24 second from the bottom of the first page, unlike Sir Bruce who is always at the top.
    Forum Member
    I must admit that Maths is not my strong point Janet, but I am able to count reasonably well, Toms message was number 24 second from the bottom of the first page, unlike Sir Bruce who is always at the top.
    My apologies - there were so many in that 25 between you and your alta ego that I picked the wrong message. You are quite right it was second from the bottom along with you.

Note that I am mature enough to admit when I'm wrong. And when I apologise I mean it. I hope you will accept my apology, even though I'll never accept yours because, judging by most of your posts, I don't think you are at all sincere.
  • coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn , just damn
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My apologies - there were so many in that 25 between you and your alta ego that I picked the wrong message. You are quite right it was second from the bottom along with you.

Note that I am mature enough to admit when I'm wrong. And when I apologise I mean it. I hope you will accept my apology, even though I'll never accept yours because, judging by most of your posts, I don't think you are at all sincere.

There is no need for you to apologise Janet as you have not done anything wrong, and you are not wrong, it is just a simple misunderstanding that we are all involved in from time to time.
    Forum Member
    There is no need for you to apologise Janet as you have not done anything wrong, and you are not wrong, it is just a simple misunderstanding that we are all involved in from time to time.
    It wasn't a misunderstanding - I was wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't a misunderstanding - I was wrong.

A simple misunderstanding is just what it is Janet, a simple misunderstanding, you must not be so hard on yourself, as I said we are all involved in misunderstandings all the time.