A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 4)

Comments

• Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They could beven be Christmas shopping :)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    They probably were :p Unusual for the one to ones though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know riht theought everybody would be getting Apple products Christmas :p
    Forum Member
    Maybe they will be, but tomorrow's a working day again :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening :)
    Forum Member
    Evening!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How's things CNBC :)?
    Forum Member
    At the moment fine. I bought a couple of Mills & Boon books today so I can do some research :p It's more the style of writing than anything else. I'm dreading writing those scenes!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well your reading the write source material so just follow that and you should be fine :p
    Forum Member
    Yeah I hope so :p Would I be better off leaving it to the reader's imagination? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning all :)
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    Morning.

Starting my day with "Prism" by Katy Perry.
    Forum Member
    Morning!
    Forum Member
    Has anyone started listening to Christmas music or watching Christmas films yet? :o I know, I know...it's only the 2nd December.

I think that my family and I might watch "Elf" later on. It's my favourite Christmas film. We watch it every year!
    Forum Member
    I haven't. I'm trying to avoid anything festive until after exams but my mum has other ideas :rolleyes: She's been forcing me to get into the Christmas spirit and I'm trying to focus on my exams. I want to get good grades this year as I'm hoping to do a Masters next year. This morning she said she doesn't want me to do the degree and once I'm finished this year I should just go out to work. I want to do the Masters though and I'm gonna do it if I get it. Why does Christmas appear to bring out the nasty side of some people? :mad:
    Forum Member
    I haven't. I'm trying to avoid anything festive until after exams but my mum has other ideas :rolleyes: She's been forcing me to get into the Christmas spirit and I'm trying to focus on my exams. I want to get good grades this year as I'm hoping to do a Masters next year. This morning she said she doesn't want me to do the degree and once I'm finished this year I should just go out to work. I want to do the Masters though and I'm gonna do it if I get it. Why does Christmas appear to bring out the nasty side of some people? :mad:

How come she doesn't want you to do a Masters? Education is a good thing. :)
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    How come she doesn't want you to do a Masters? Education is a good thing. :)

I don't know really. She was alright with it until last weekend. She also complains that I can be rather cranky at times. Well of course I can, I'm only human after all! What does she want me to be, a robot who goes around grinning like a Cheshire cat all the time? :rolleyes: We can't all be happy all the time. Exam time is stressful and she doesn't realise that. I'm like that flight attendant I'm writing about. I could do with her help ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening :)
    Forum Member
    Evening HM! What has happened to the forums? :eek:
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good God this design is awful.

The colours don't work
    Too much white space
    Fonts are sore on the eyes
    A good chunk of the screen is cut off on the right.

It really is an amateur attempt.
    Forum Member
    Hello Hav! :)
    Evening HM! What has happened to the forums? :eek:

Bloody hell, I know. It looks as if the website hasn't loaded properly. It might grow on me, I know that I didn't like the layout a couple of years ago when they changed it.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's like they put a beta version out into the live environment (a big cock up in web deployment). It should have been put into a sandbox environment for proper testing first.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah it is slightly unnerving i feel soething has gone wrong on the web page and like CNBC said it's having trouble loading :D
    Forum Member
    Good God this design is awful.

The colours don't work
    Too much white space
    Fonts are sore on the eyes
    A good chunk of the screen is cut off on the right.

It really is an amateur attempt.

This is my main issue with it. It's a "no" from me...
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Yeah it is slightly unnerving i feel soething has gone wrong on the web page and like CNBC said it's having trouble loading :D

Yeah it looks broken :p Was it designed by the Windows 8 design team? It has all the appeal of that godawful Start screen in W8.