Options

Can somebody make me a "clash detector"?

Comments

• Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    savvy wrote: »
    Ok, it may well be my display, I have it on "Large Fonts" & Large Size (120DPI), as my old eyes are not so good at short reading distance these days (but I can see for miles :D). This does give some problems on Websites and some windows/boxes.

If I understand the use of the 2 columns then, are you meant to read columns 1 & 2 across as each row? This is why there are duplications in column 2, for each combination with column 1?

I have to go out for an hour or so now, so I'll try the VBA sizing later.

Rgds.

Les.

Yes Les, read across for the two channel combination. You got such a lot of options because you chose 2 channels each with regional options.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Les, read across for the two channel combination. You got such a lot of options because you chose 2 channels each with regional options.

Right, I'm with it now :o I'm having a "thick" day.

I transferred it from my small laptop to my wife's desktop with 19" screen, which I can see :D . The instructional text on the new window comes up in full.

Yes, if I choose a fairly limiting combination, I can see that it is a one to one relationship between the first two boxes, and selection in the first box changes Channels Viewable in the third.

But, if you stick with what I tried at first with BBC1 & BBC2, even on the 19" display, you get 16 sets (I think I counted correctly) of BBC1 variants to try in box 1, all selectable and fully scrollable with a draggable scrollbar on the right of the box. Recording Two box "looks" scrollable, but the scrollbar doesn't do anything. So, you only get to see 2 full sets of BBC2 (102 & 968), and 2 rows of 969. So, on my 19" screen, the last combination you can get to try is 951 BBC 1 CI with 969 BBC 2 NI.

I agree that this is pretty obscure, in that there is so much choice in this situation, but do you understand my explanation now?

Rgds.

Les.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right, I'm with it now :o I'm having a "thick" day.

I transferred it from my small laptop to my wife's desktop with 19" screen, which I can see :D . The instructional text on the new window comes up in full.

Yes, if I choose a fairly limiting combination, I can see that it is a one to one relationship between the first two boxes, and selection in the first box changes Channels Viewable in the third.

But, if you stick with what I tried at first with BBC1 & BBC2, even on the 19" display, you get 16 sets (I think I counted correctly) of BBC1 variants to try in box 1, all selectable and fully scrollable with a draggable scrollbar on the right of the box. Recording Two box "looks" scrollable, but the scrollbar doesn't do anything. So, you only get to see 2 full sets of BBC2 (102 & 968), and 2 rows of 969. So, on my 19" screen, the last combination you can get to try is 951 BBC 1 CI with 969 BBC 2 NI.

I agree that this is pretty obscure, in that there is so much choice in this situation, but do you understand my explanation now?

Rgds.

Les.
    Hi Les

I see the problem, list2 does not scroll with list1. Hot on the heels of a solution. :D

Graham
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...........list2 does not scroll with list1.
    Why couldn't I have said that? :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why couldn't I have said that? :D:D:D

Fixed clicking on list1 scrolls list2 to correct place.

Early downloaders please note

http://www.4shared.com/file/98838419/74d32652/FoxsatRecordCheck009.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fixed clicking on list1 scrolls list2 to correct place.

Early downloaders please note

http://www.4shared.com/file/98838419/74d32652/FoxsatRecordCheck009.html
    Yes, confirmed, perfectly synchronised scrolling :D

Thanks Graham.

Les.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, confirmed, perfectly synchronised scrolling :D

Thanks Graham.

Les.

Based on your choice I have just tried selecting 2 different BBC regions, it bombed out at over 16000 permutations :eek:

Perhaps it's a good thing there is only a max of 2 ITV regions :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Based on your choice I have just tried selecting 2 different BBC regions, it bombed out at over 16000 permutations :eek:

Perhaps it's a good thing there is only a max of 2 ITV regions :D
    Yes, selecting two different BBC1 variations, it just crashes/hangs.

Rgds.

Les.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, selecting two different BBC1 variations, it just crashes/hangs.

Rgds.

Les.

If you wait long enough it eventually comes up with an overflow error. By my reckoning it should come up with 324 options. Looking into it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Major upgrade to dual cable functionality.

http://www.4shared.com/file/98838419...dCheck009.html

Suggestions button now labelled "Watch All Suggestions" as before indicates where a regional channel change will enable full time shift access to all channels.

Second button "Alternate Watch Options" identifies for all alternate recording options what channels will be viewable.

Bug that crashes app if 2 bbc 1 regions are selected and watch all suggestions fixed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bug that crashes app if 2 bbc 1 regions are selected and watch all suggestions fixed
    Yes, thanks.

BTW, the link in your original quoted message is the broken one, the link in post #81 works.

Rgds.

Les.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, thanks.

BTW, the link in your original quoted message is the broken one, the link in post #81 works.

Rgds.

Les.

Thanks Les

Next option on the agenda, "Can I Watch".

Having selected 2 channels to record, lets you select a channel you want to watch. Checks alternate options to see if it's possible if so identifies alternate channel to record.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Les

Next option on the agenda, "Can I Watch".

Having selected 2 channels to record, lets you select a channel you want to watch. Checks alternate options to see if it's possible if so identifies alternate channel to record.
    Ooh, nice, very user friendly, and will then be nearly idiot-proof (me) lol. :D:D:D

Thx.

Les.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Version010 now available.

Additional option on both dual and single cables.

Having selected 2 recordings you can ask if a specific channel can be viewed by choosing an alternate BBC1, ITV1 or BBC2 region

http://www.4shared.com/file/100049920/76f10414/_2__FoxsatRecordCheck010.html

Thanks to Savvy for giving the dual cable option a run round the block :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Version010 now available.

Additional option on both dual and single cables.

Having selected 2 recordings you can ask if a specific channel can be viewed by choosing an alternate BBC1, ITV1 or BBC2 region

http://www.4shared.com/file/100049920/76f10414/_2__FoxsatRecordCheck010.html

Thanks to Savvy for giving the dual cable option a run round the block :D

For some reason link posted points to beta with only dual cable option

apols

Try

http://www.4shared.com/file/100030393/ceb39a29/FoxsatRecordCheck010.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Minor upgrade to include todays new channel (same Link)

If you want to make your own changes

Insert new row at row 40

A40 = 209 NHK WORLD TV
    B40 = 11680
    C40 = V

E1 = 150

Ignore remark in F1 for some reason formula does not update when inserting rows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Minor upgrade to include todays new channel (same Link)

If you want to make your own changes

Insert new row at row 40

A40 = 209 NHK WORLD TV
    B40 = 11680
    C40 = V

E1 = 150

Ignore remark in F1 for some reason formula does not update when inserting rows.

Just found out 813 Best Direct has gone at the same time

On line version updated

Self Modders

Delete Row 120 E1 back to 149
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My computer wont let it run, it says something about security levels being too high to allow macro to run. Arrgh!

Paddy :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    My computer wont let it run, it says something about security levels being too high to allow macro to run. Arrgh!

Paddy :mad:

If it's your own computer there will be an option somewhere to allow the macro to run. If you post your OS I am someone will know how. There's no viruses honest to god :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's your own computer there will be an option somewhere to allow the macro to run. If you post your OS I am someone will know how. There's no viruses honest to god :D
    The option is in Excel itself.

In Excel 2003, it's under Tools | Macro | Security.

Change to Medium Security Level, and it will then ask you each time if you want to run Macros; obviously say yes to allow Graham's application. This is safer than Low, which will run all macros, even those you don't know :eek:

HTH.

Les.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Change to Medium Security Level, and it will then ask you each time if you want to run Macros; obviously say yes to allow Graham's application. This is safer than Low, which will run all macros, even those you don't know :eek:

HTH.

Les.

Thanks Les. I think I misunderstood the posting assumimg the message was somehow derivved from an external windows security setting or programme rather than Excel itself
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anyones interested latest screen shots (including new options here)

4shared.com - photo sharing - download image TwoCableWatch.jpg
    4shared.com - photo sharing - download image OneCable.jpg
    4shared.com - photo sharing - download image OneCableSuggest.jpg
    4shared.com - photo sharing - download image OneCableWatch.jpg
    4shared.com - photo sharing - download image TwoCable.jpg
    4shared.com - photo sharing - download image TwoCableSuggest.jpg
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got it working now, cheers!

Paddy :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyones interested latest screen shots (including new options here)

4shared.com - photo sharing - download image TwoCableWatch.jpg
    4shared.com - photo sharing - download image OneCable.jpg
    4shared.com - photo sharing - download image OneCableSuggest.jpg
    4shared.com - photo sharing - download image OneCableWatch.jpg
    4shared.com - photo sharing - download image TwoCable.jpg
    4shared.com - photo sharing - download image TwoCableSuggest.jpg
    Graham, there are no http links :)

Rgds.

Les.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If you are using Excel 2007 (not sure about other versions) there is another option available. From within Excel, you can specify a particular folder on your PC as being trusted. Any excel file containing macros opened from that directory will open seemlessly.

You can actually specify more than one folder as being trusted, but what I do is to have a single folder in which I store all Excel files with macros that I trust. I then create shortcuts to the files in the (untrusted) folders that I would have stored them in if it wasn't for the macros.