GAMEfest (Merged)

CaptnSpauldingCaptnSpaulding Posts: 5,370
Forum Member
Anyone going?

I'll be there on the Saturday with some friends. Have to leave the house at around 5am to catch a train :eek:

Lots of great games announced and really looking forward to it now - need to find a new top for the 'occassion' now :D:rolleyes:

Comments

• Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm tempted, but Birmingham is too awkward to do a return journey in one day for me.

I am going to the Eurogamer Expo at Earls Court in a couple of weeks, though, for the first time.
  • AkimboGeordieAkimboGeordie Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Im there on the Friday... miss most of the crowd hopefully.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    why are these things always in Birmingham or London?

Both horrible places to!
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    I'm tempted, but Birmingham is too awkward to do a return journey in one day for me.

I am going to the Eurogamer Expo at Earls Court in a couple of weeks, though, for the first time.

Me too
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I wish they done a show like this in Scotland :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot bout this was gonna go
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    OMTT wrote: »
    I wish they done a show like this in Scotland :(

Another reason why England is better:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Going on Sunday with my friends.
    Pretty easy journey for me though, since I live in Birmingham.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going saturday with 2 friends.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Another reason why England is better:p

We've had this discussion before about all the things Scotland & England have gave us, then I pointed out that England produced the "H-Bomb" & the argument was over; Scotland won! :D
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    OMTT wrote: »
    We've had this discussion before about all the things Scotland & England have gave us, then I pointed out that England produced the "H-Bomb" & the argument was over; Scotland won! :D

Yes, but look at Icy's list that she made, we won big time:cool::p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I'm going down there on the friday, going to be fantastic
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    GameFest is coming up this weekend at the NEC in Birmingham.

Anyone else going? Got my ticket for Sunday!! looking forward to uncharted, hopefully see some new videos and get a go at the game!

MW3 and batman arkham city are also making an apperance, should be a good day out for £10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Went to this today. Was a good day out but be prepared to have to wait to play some of the games. Lines for MW3. BF3, Mass Effect 3,Uncharted 3 etc were really long. A lot of the stuff is hidden behind over 18 curtains too, which is a bit annoying if you cant be bothered to queue for hours!

Good day out but feel they should have limited the numbers a little.

For anyone thats going, well worth going to the Game Hub, were they did some hands on demos of MW3 (took you through 2 single player levels), and F1 2011.
  • metanoiametanoia Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was there on Tuesday and Wednesday. No queues at all as it wasn't open, I was setting up one of the stands. Got to play a few games on the stands that were finished. The new Goldeneye is very good.
  • djpakredjpakre Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Went today. Was pretty good. Lines for MW3, BF3, F1 2011 etc, very long. So long that I couldn't be bothered to queue, figure I'll just wait for release. Anyone going tomorrow, there's a tiny little exhibit called ovei by the Hub. Little gaming pod. Was an awesome experience.

Finally. 1st post.
  • Ian KaneIan Kane Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    djpakre wrote: »
    Went today. Was pretty good. Lines for MW3, BF3, F1 2011 etc, very long. So long that I couldn't be bothered to queue, figure I'll just wait for release. Anyone going tomorrow, there's a tiny little exhibit called ovei by the Hub. Little gaming pod. Was an awesome experience.

Finally. 1st post.

Don't suppose you have a rough wait time for the queues for the titles you mention?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Ian Kane wrote: »
    Don't suppose you have a rough wait time for the queues for the titles you mention?

The main games were in excess of 2/3 hours and that's no joke. I queued up an hour just to play FIFA 12 and then found it was just the demo version. Batman only had three machines on there stand so I didn't bother queuing for it. Way too many long queues spoiled it for me. I really wanted to play BF3 but I will wait fir the demo.

Have fun queuing if your going.
  • Ian KaneIan Kane Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LJJF wrote: »
    The main games were in excess of 2/3 hours and that's no joke. I queued up an hour just to play FIFA 12 and then found it was just the demo version. Batman only had three machines on there stand so I didn't bother queuing for it. Way too many long queues spoiled it for me. I really wanted to play BF3 but I will wait fir the demo.

Have fun queuing if your going.

Thanks for your reply :D I'm going tomorrow. I don't finish work till 5 and we're leaving at 8, so I'm gonna be cranky before we even start queuing ! Being British & Red Bull will be tomorrow's winners :p
  • CaptnSpauldingCaptnSpaulding Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Jeez it was absolutely packed there today and so hot. Had 4or 5 free Mountain Dews tho hehe.

I only managed to play Rage and Battlefield 3, both took around 2-3 hours to queue. Rage was a bit pants tbh and glad I played it as I was thinking of getting it. Now I wont.

Got my photo taken with Mario and Sonic - highlight of the day as it'll put a smile on my son's face.

Fancied having a pic taken with the Nuts and Saints Row girls (wow), but the missus wouldn't be happy haha.

Was a good event, not great mainly because how busy it was- certainly should have limited it or indeed limited gameplay time/have more consoles. They certainly could have used more floor space as there were wide walkways and the area by the PS Move/Nuts was quite bare, and there were far too many tables and chairs by the food.

Highlight - Battlefield 3!!!!
  • djpakredjpakre Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Was a good event, not great mainly because how busy it was- certainly should have limited it or indeed limited gameplay time/have more consoles. They certainly could have used more floor space as there were wide walkways and the area by the PS Move/Nuts was quite bare, and there were far too many tables and chairs by the food.

I think the empty space was to accommodate the queues for the hub?
  • RedSnapperRedSnapper Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only managed to play Rage and Battlefield 3, both took around 2-3 hours to queue. Rage was a bit pants tbh and glad I played it as I was thinking of getting it. Now I wont.

What was wrong with Rage ?

Glad you liked BF3.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Went today, didn't bother queuing 2/3 hrs for the big games, played a lot of the others though.

I think the main problem was a lot of the bigger games were 15/18's so couldn't be shown on big screens for everyone to see, I wasn't too fussed about playing them but would have been good to see them. Def think they should have had a separate hall for the over 18's, so that all the games could be shown on big screens.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The queues for BF3 and MW3 were soo long!

I went with 2 friends, 1 wanted to have a go at Rage so we queued for over an hour for that, it killed my feet by the time we got in for what 'seemed' only like 5 miutes of playing time. I thought the game was kinda crap my friend loved it saying its going to be game of the year, i was like thinking - ??? wtf this is junk.

Then we waited in the que for the BF3 dog tags for about 45 minutes.

The place was rammed packed of people. It really needs to be 5 halls big instead of just 2 halls, have every game 3 times more PC's/consoles, the hub room needs to be equally as big. The staff did a great job though, it would do my head in managing all those people.
  • CaptnSpauldingCaptnSpaulding Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    The_One wrote: »
    The queues for BF3 and MW3 were soo long!

I went with 2 friends, 1 wanted to have a go at Rage so we queued for over an hour for that, it killed my feet by the time we got in for what 'seemed' only like 5 miutes of playing time. I thought the game was kinda crap my friend loved it saying its going to be game of the year, i was like thinking - ??? wtf this is junk.

My exact thoughts! I don't know if the whole waiting and only 5 mins of gameplay time made me hate the game more, but it certainly feels like I wasted valuable time queueing for this.

I feel sorry for those who queued for Skyrim/Prey2 though, all they got was a presentation - no gameplay! :rolleyes:

Wish I'd have queued for Batman not Rage now :(