Cheryl sells 80k singles in just two days.. proof she doesn't need TXF.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    I like her since she left the show - more down to earth.

Me too, I liked her before she joined X Factor, liked her first year as judge but then she just became one of Simon's puppets for the next 2 years.

Leaving the show is the best thing she could have done imo, she's like the old Cheryl now (and no, I don't mean the one who hit the toilet attendant :D)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Order wrote: »
    "proof she doesn't need TXF." - Had it not been for the show, I doubt she would have been as successful as she has been.

She was on the biggest TV show for three years. Just like Dannii and Tulisa, even though they were known, they hardly had a massive fanbase before going onto the show (Girls Aloud may have, but Cheryl alone? Not so much).

Of course she'll continue to have a successful career without TXF, for many years to come if she wishes, but that doesn't mean TXF wasn't part of her making it to the top.

Back then, she DID need TXF.

It's a bit like saying "proof she doesn't need Girls Aloud" - well, yes, at the start she did. All the things she has done has helped her be so big and have a huge fanbase. It'd be stupid for her fans or herself to knock the things that have helped her become so big.

I don't think her fans are knocking the XF, I think the point of this thread is that a lot of people said her solo career would bomb without her being on the show - and they've been proved wrong.

The show did give her massive fame, but it also had a negative effect towards the end, a lot of people went off her because of XF.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitten12 wrote: »
    Proof that 80,000 people can be wrong. Another case of Emperor's New Clothes

Not really. Her new song has a generic-sound but catchy and has a great video. I like it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And now she's sold 97k in three days.
  • E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Needed TXF when it suited her!! Good song though, for once!!
  • mkirilenkofanmkirilenkofan Posts: 1,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well she wouldn't be in the position she is now without the XFactor.
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    Strong, independent, iconic, powerful, malaria-besting, insurmountable businesswoman. Who will stop her? Your faves? Nope.
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rombod wrote: »
    Strong, independent, iconic, powerful, malaria-besting, insurmountable businesswoman. Who will stop her? Your faves? Nope.

Pixie Lotts "All about tonight", the lead single from her current album did around 89K first week.

Her album still flopped.!
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    Pixie Lotts "All about tonight", the lead single from her current album did around 89K first week.

Her album still flopped.!

This is in two days, though, not a whole week. Dunt play, boo.
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    97k in 3 days is impressive. It won't go anywhere near the 187k for Fight For This Love but it's a very, very good total for first week sales.
  • Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well she wouldn't be in the position she is now without the XFactor.

Exactly i agree with you! Girl has no talent. She and her PR use the press and media to sell. Charts i'sint about music anymore. You watch the single drop in weeks to come.
  • mashitupmashitup Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    All singles drop from the charts. Some quickly some not so quickly. The trick is getting to the top in the first place! The bottom line is, as in all genres of music. Some people like her some don't . People didn't like rock n roll, rock, heavy metal, grunge, disco, punk, house, dance, dubstep etc. Predictions about the end of music was said about all of them! If people don't like certain types of music/Artistes, then they shouldn't listen to them! If music of any genre pleases someone, then it's
    good for them. For me there's only two types of music. Good and bad! The bad I don't listen to!!!!:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reem2011 wrote: »
    Exactly i agree with you! Girl has no talent. She and her PR use the press and media to sell. Charts i'sint about music anymore. You watch the single drop in weeks to come.

You could say that about anyone in the charts. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Proves that people are media obsessed, but Tweedy needs XF, she needs that publicity after milking the Tweedy fights back/Tweedy's comeback.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rombod, attaching .gifs to posts doesn't make you funny. It's a tired effort from Regina George wannabe's.
  • Laura_xLaura_x Posts: 1,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gav016 wrote: »
    97k in 3 days is impressive. It won't go anywhere near the 187k for Fight For This Love but it's a very, very good total for first week sales.

Fight For This Love sold over 300k first week? not 187k :confused: Promise This sold 157k first week with a XF performance! I think Call My Name could match Promise This first week sales by sunday.
  • busy_beebusy_bee Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone considered that the huge amount of first day sales is based purely on the majority of her "hard core" fans pre-ordering, so that they are all delivered as soon as the single is released?

May this be an early peak, with no continued follow up in the sales figures. She may hit No.1 but then drop like a stone the second week - is that really a sign of a good piece of music?

A false positive so to speak?
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    I like her since she left the show - more down to earth.

Maybe she should become a coach on The Voice? :)
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Agent F wrote: »
    Maybe she should become a coach on The Voice? :)

Now don't get me wrong I don't like her that much.
  • stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Well I'm not a fan but well done to her. Much prefer this song to Promise This - which I dont really rate at all, and Fight For This Love was alright at the time but I wasnt crazy about it as some people. Still even though you say she doesnt need XF, I doubt there would be this much hype about her without it in the first place and she does now seem to need Will.I.Am/his label at her side. Wonder who will be next, when she gets the hump with Will/he realises its never going to happen....another male, who thinks theyre in with a chance, I suspect.
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    still the myth continues that she needed the karaoke show when the facts show the opposite to be true

viewing figures for series 1-4 the highest average audience was 8.73 million in series 2. Cheryl joins and the figures rise to 10.5, 13.0 and 14.1 for the three series before dropping off again after her departure to 12.3.

she was hardly joining a new program which people had just discovered so the only conclusion is the increase was 100% due to Cheryl and this is borne out by the loss of nearly 2 million in 2011.
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    Laura_x wrote: »
    Fight For This Love sold over 300k first week? not 187k :confused: Promise This sold 157k first week with a XF performance! I think Call My Name could match Promise This first week sales by sunday.

Ahh, yes my mistake, it was Alex Burke's Bad Boys that did 187k :o.

Still, I guess those sales are impressive, and and yeah, I think that's actually a very realistic target for her to potentially reach, which will really prove to some of her detractors that she doesn't 'need the show to promote herself - yes the show 'made' her what she is today, and she obviously wouldn't be the major star (at least in the UK) without it, but every star has a vehicle of some sort that makes them a success, and it shouldn't be held against her.
  • stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    guffybear wrote: »
    still the myth continues that she needed the karaoke show when the facts show the opposite to be true

viewing figures for series 1-4 the highest average audience was 8.73 million in series 2. Cheryl joins and the figures rise to 10.5, 13.0 and 14.1 for the three series before dropping off again after her departure to 12.3.

she was hardly joining a new program which people had just discovered so the only conclusion is the increase was 100% due to Cheryl and this is borne out by the loss of nearly 2 million in 2011.

The only conclusion? In 2008, when Cheryl came on board they revamped the show making it much bigger...because the last year had been deemed a bit rubbish with a lack of talent, Simon even admitted this at the time. There was alot of hype around the show and one of the reasons was the new judge...Cheryl. It was probably the best year talent wise, one of them and had young interesting acts...I dont think the ratings would have continued growing without good acts. Last year the judges didnt work as well..lack of Simon Cowell, Cheryl, Dannii and the talent wasnt so good. To say its 100% to do with Cheryl is a bit delusional..
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stash22 wrote: »
    The only conclusion? In 2008, when Cheryl came on board they revamped the show making it much bigger...because the last year had been deemed a bit rubbish with a lack of talent, Simon even admitted this at the time. There was alot of hype around the show and one of the reasons was the new judge...Cheryl. It was probably the best year talent wise, one of them and had young interesting acts...I dont think the ratings would have continued growing without good acts. Last year the judges didnt work as well..lack of Simon Cowell, Cheryl, Dannii and the talent wasnt so good. To say its 100% to do with Cheryl is a bit delusional..

talent ??? it is a bunch of karaoke wannabes. no talent required
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry I think the song is apalling.

It is a horrible gormless dance record effort, the kind of record that gives dance music a bad name. Even worse - it has been produced by Calvin Harris (but then his best records he always seems to save for himself). Then to add to the pain, is the thin reedy vocals - gawd I reckon I could sing better than her.

It will no doubt sell - but then so did DJ Otzi, and the Crazy Frog, so that is no recommendation - but then she is never out of the media anyway. The sad thing is, IMO, is that there are so many better singers and artists whose product gets lost in the general detritis who sadly dont get as good a promotion.