Big Brother Hotness Ranking 2013

Comments

• k0213818k0213818 Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    I am pleased to announce ladies and gents that the poll has been closed, and that I am now accumulating all of the votes into our final table.

I shall begin this poll later tonight by revealing which unlucky contestants will be the reciprients of this year's wooden spoons. Will McCririck and Carole be able to move from their last place positions? Stay tuned to find out.
    Forum Member
    Well ladies and gentlemen the time has arrived, it is time to countdown BBUK's housemates in terms of attractiveness. Now I want to stress a thank you to everyone who has contributed to this ranking, and hope that you get the result that you were looking for, with that being said however let us begin, and we begin by revealing our wooden spoon winners, the housemates that you consider the ugliest to grace the BBUK franchise.

Big Brother's most unattractive male housemate, for the third straight year in a row is...

168) John McCririck (1.27)
    Celebrity Big Brother 3 and Ultimate Big Brother

Previous Results:
    2011: 130th (1.36)
    2012: 148th (1.24)

Whilst we have a surprise for the females, Carole's streak at the bottom of the poll is over, we now have a new titleholder of BBUK's ugliest female:

177) Jackiey Budden (1.58)
    Celebrity Big Brother 5

Previous Results:
    2011: 135th (1.41)
    2012: 153rd (1.83)
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    Go Carole. :cool:
  • kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A top 50 position next year surely beckons?:)
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Flashing her boobs has paid off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Jackiey though. She actually looked quite nice in CBB5. http://images.tvrage.com/people/7/19326.jpg Hadn't she just had some massive makeover?
  • zooooooooooooozooooooooooooo Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see Carole being in the top 5 now :)
    Forum Member
    Since we have a disproportionate number of females compared to males I will post another group of females to get us onto an even keel, here are the females from 176 to 171:

176) Carole Vincent (1.69)
    Big Brother 8

Previous Placings:

2011: 136th (1.37)
    2012: 155th (1.52)

175) Jackie Stallone (1.7)
    Celebrity Big Brother 3

Previous Placings:

2011: 134th (1.76)
    2012: 15th (1.72)

174) Tina Malone (2.14)
    Celebrity Big Brother 6

Previous Placings:

2011: 133rd (1.96)
    2012: 152nd (1.88)

And our first new entry falls:

173) Julie Goodyear (2.17)
    Celebrity Big Brother 10

Previous Placings:

2011: N/A
    2012: N/A

172) Tracey Barnard (2.3)
    Big Brother 8

Previous Placings:

2011: 132nd (1.96)
    2012: 151st (2.17)

171) Cheryl Ferguson (2.65)
    Celebrity Big Brother 10

Previous Placings:

Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    None of my pin-ups there.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder whether, with the increased proportion of Aisleyne fans in the forum, we'll be able to avoid having her be top here too.
  • miaowmiaow Posts: 8,495
    Forum Member
    Ohh are Tina Malone and Tracey really that bad??! I guess the female BB contestants aren't a very typical sample of your average people in the street though lol (ie most of them way above average with a few token ordinary folks thrown in) :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    I wonder whether, with the increased proportion of Aisleyne fans in the forum, we'll be able to avoid having her be top here too.

As she ranked a respectable '29' last year, I can't see her climbing much higher than that. I loved her as a HM, but can't recall ever giving her more than an 8 in these contests (usually a 7)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    miaow wrote: »
    Ohh are Tina Malone and Tracey really that bad??! I guess the female BB contestants aren't a very typical sample of your average people in the street though lol (ie most of them way above average with a few token ordinary folks thrown in) :D

Oh definitely, they are skewed towards the good looking. I mean, remember Caroline last year saying that she was the 'token ugly one'? And she was a pretty girl. But think of going into a house and finding that the other girls are Deana, Lauren, Sara and Lydia.
    Forum Member
    We go from 170-161 for both the males and the females, starting with the males first:

167) Steve Gill (1.96)
    Big Brother 11

Previous Placings:

2011: 126th (1.91)
    2012: 136th (2.57)

166) Pete Burns (2.11)
    Celebrity Big Brother 4

Previous Placings:

2011: 127th (1.89)
    2012: 147th (1.89)

165) Dennis McHugh (2.2)
    Big Brother 9

Previous Placings:

2011: 129th (1.64)
    2012: 14th (2.26)

164) Verne Troyer (2.24)
    Celebrity Big Brother 6

Previous Placings:

2011: 114th (2.41)
    2012: 144th (2.33)

163) Darryn Lyons (2.32)
    Celebrity Big Brother 8

Previous Placings:

2012: 142nd (2.38)

162) Mikey Hughes (2.37)
    Big Brother 9

Previous Placings:

2011: 128th (1.83)
    2012: 141st (2.47)

161) Jonty Stern (2.41)
    Big Brother 8

Previous Placings:

2011: 124th (2.09)
    2012: 139th (2.55)

And now for the females:

170) Vanessa Feltz (2.8)
    Celebrity Big Brother 1 and Ultimate Big Brother

Previous Placings:

2011: 131st (2.37)
    2012: 150th (2.55)

169) Jayne Kitt (2.83)
    Big Brother 7

Previous Placings:

2011: 123rd (2.64)
    2012: 146th (2.82)

168) Becky Hannon (2.89)
    Big Brother 13

Previous Placings:

167) Dawn Blake (2.9)
    Big Brother 7

Previous Placings:

2011: 124th (2.61)
    2012: 149th (2.63)

166) Kathryn 'Kitten' Pinder (2.92)
    Big Brother 5

Previous Placings:

2011: 130th (2.5)
    2012: 143rd (2.87)

And our first tie:

=164) Shanessa Reilly (2.98)
    Big Brother 8

Previous Placings:

2011: 121st (2.72)
    2012: 141st (2.9)

=164) Nichola Holt (2.98)
    Big Brother 1

Previous Placings:

2011: 122nd (2.67)
    2012: 136th (3.08)

163) Lesley Sanderson (3.04)
    Big Brother 6

Previous Placings:

2011: 117th (2.85)
    2012: 146th (2.82)

162) Belinda Harris-Reid (3.08)
    Big Brother 9

Previous Placings:

2011: 125th (2.61)
    2012: 140th (2.98)

161) Leslie Brain (3.09)
    Big Brother 8

Previous Placings:

2011: 128th (2.54)
    2012: 130th (3.28)
  • zooooooooooooozooooooooooooo Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Lesley Sanderson was pretty but she wasn't a nice person at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    miaow wrote: »

It depends on the street, and plenty of ordinary folk (not models, actors, etc) look as good as most HMs.

Anyway, in these polls, people (quite reasonably) use the full range of marks, or nearly. I doubt many try to assess what a 2, for example, should mean when everyone in the world is considered.
    Oh definitely, they are skewed towards the good looking. I mean, remember Caroline last year saying that she was the 'token ugly one'? And she was a pretty girl. But think of going into a house and finding that the other girls are Deana, Lauren, Sara and Lydia.

Earlier today, while sitting in an admittedly somewhat fancy coffee bar, reading the Financial Times, and looking at the people nearby, I wondered why BB didn't pick more interestingly good-looking people, since a random selection from that room (once I'd left) might do it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought Lesley Sanderson was pretty but she wasn't a nice person at all.

She should cetainly be placed higher on looks alone. Same for Dennis in the male list. Spitting is just not hot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    She should cetainly be placed higher on looks alone. .

Her clothes and style didn't do her much of a favour. There's nothing wrong with her actual looks. https://www.facebook.com/lesley.sanderson.7?ref=ts
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her clothes and style didn't do her much of a favour. There's nothing wrong with her actual looks. https://www.facebook.com/lesley.sanderson.7?ref=ts

She looks about 2 stone lighter (at least) If she had looked that way in BB I would probably have rated her an 8. As it was, I gave her a 5 or 6.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:confused:

The picture you found is from years later and had to be.

There's no picture from bb6 that would make it seem "there's nothing wrong with her actual looks".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    :confused:

The picture you found is from years later and had to be.

There's no picture from bb6 that would make it seem "there's nothing wrong with her actual looks".

Let's see who gets placed above her in the next batch for comparison. Lisa BB10, Nadia BB5, Bex BB9, some of the rougher celebs, maybe? Eye of the beholder, I know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Let's see who gets placed above her in the next batch for comparison. Lisa BB10, Nadia BB5, Bex BB9, some of the rougher celebs, maybe? Eye of the beholder, I know.

Lisa and Nadia were quite pretty, though they needed a good photograph. Bex was never going to be a beauty, I grant you.

Here is an unposed BB6 Lesley. http://pictures.thisisbigbrother.com/userpics/lesleysunn.jpg She looks all right: not a dazzling beauty, but on a par with other ordinary looking BB contestants like, say Emma or Penny.
  • GlimmerGlimmer Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Lesley's eyes were quite pretty iirc, when she was chatting with Derek when she entered the house, probably her sexiest feature.
    She reminds me a little of Stuart Pilkington.
    http://images2.image-data.com/images/9/thumbs/08218/08218110.jpg
    http://images2.image-data.com/images/9/thumbs/08446/08446198.jpg
    I gave Lesley a five rating though and Stuart a ten which seems a bit unfair on her, i was just rating quickly without thinking about it. If I could easily imagine someone being a popular pinup or calendar and having keen fans i gave them nine or ten. I wasn't thinking of physical perfection as being ten.
    I left lots of people out this year, as after reading the guidelines in the opening post, I only rated those whose series I had watched fully and so could rate all hm's. The other year, I rated all whose name and face I recognised. And I haven't watched fully since series 10.
    So, the averages of some people might be down slightly as they have lost my quite generous ratings.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Was Caroline a petty girl? She wasn't ugly, but I think 'pretty' would have to be a rather broad category to include her.

Anyway, I think that post illustrates a point it wasn't intending to make: that the good looking women can seem more significant and a greater proportion of the HMs than they really are. Note the women you leave out. Caroline wasn't in there only with Deana, Lauren, Sara and Lydia; and if the others are included, things don't seem so 'skewed'.
    Lisa and Nadia were quite pretty, though they needed a good photograph. Bex was never going to be a beauty, I grant you.

Is that "quite" meaning very, or "quite" meaning not very?
    Here is an unposed BB6 Lesley. http://pictures.thisisbigbrother.com/userpics/lesleysunn.jpg She looks all right: not a dazzling beauty, but on a par with other ordinary looking BB contestants like, say Emma or Penny.

Do you mean ordinary looking by BB HM standards, or ordinary among the general public?

Anyway, I think Emma (bb5) is considerably better looking than Lesley, and so, really, is Penny. Penny has a much better figure, for example, than the dumpy, blocky bb6-era Lesley.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was Caroline a petty girl? She wasn't ugly, but I think 'pretty' would have to be a rather broad category to include her.

Anyway, I think that post illustrates a point it wasn't intending to make: that the good looking women can seem more significant and a greater proportion of the HMs than they really are. Note the women you leave out. Caroline wasn't in there only with Deana, Lauren, Sara and Lydia; and if the others are included, things don't seem so 'skewed'.

Caroline and Ashleigh both came into the category of 'scrubs up well'. They could both look very pretty or very plain. Victoria was good looking, but it is always hard to factor age into these things. To take an extreme example, Lesley Brain is always near the bottom, but presumably big hitters like Sara and Louise would be as well if they were 65 years old. And whether Becky is considered pretty depends entirely on how you judge fatness. She seemed to have a pretty face, and looked very young, but she had a fat-pretty face, which is not the same as an unqualified-pretty face. I didn't really want to start on that debate.

Is that "quite" meaning very, or "quite" meaning not very?

It was rather faint praise. In good light, at a good angle they looked pretty; Lisa was slim with 'good bones' and Nadia could look striking.

Anyway, I think Emma (bb5) is considerably better looking than Lesley, and so, really, is Penny. Penny has a much better figure, for example, than the dumpy, blocky bb6-era Lesley.

She was a bit dumpy, but surely made that far worse by wearing absurdly short, tight dresses.