Options

Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Nel did the stuff with the fans and the plugs beautifully (it's my favourite bit of the trial so far :blush:). Even if a policeman had unplugged the smaller fan from the wall socket, Oscar should still have been able to say whether or not the fan's power cord could reach the wall socket from the balcony doors, but he couldn't because it obviously wasn't plugged in anywhere. He basically answered 'If the power cord was long enough to reach the wall socket then it was plugged into the wall socket but if it wasn't long enough to reach the wall socket then it was plugged into the extension cord', which was no kind of answer at all even before you get to the issue of the impossibility of plugging anything else into the already full extension cord.

Oscar is tying himself in knots, sticking to a strategy, being unable to answer 'yes/no' questions and implying police tampering when he is either unable or unwilling to attest to the state of the scene before the police arrived. If he doesn't know where stuff was then how can he say the police moved it? ... Ohhhh, that's right! His 'experts' are going to do that!

It was FABULOUS - OP covering and unable to give a straight answer because he just didn't know and was shown as a total liar, beautifully done.
  • Options
    sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jos wrote: »
    I'm sure I read a few months ago that she forgave him.

I couldn't do that were I in the same position.

As much as i despise him (for what he has done) i would be able to. As the bible says, you have to forgive.

But I will never forget or have anything good for him obviously.
  • Options
    barrbarrellabarrbarrella Posts: 3,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Nel did the stuff with the fans and the plugs beautifully (it's my favourite bit of the trial so far :blush:). Even if a policeman had unplugged the smaller fan from the wall socket, Oscar should still have been able to say whether or not the fan's power cord could reach the wall socket from the balcony doors, but he couldn't because it obviously wasn't plugged in anywhere. He basically answered 'If the power cord was long enough to reach the wall socket then it was plugged into the wall socket but if it wasn't long enough to reach the wall socket then it was plugged into the extension cord', which was no kind of answer at all even before you get to the issue of the impossibility of plugging anything else into the already full extension cord.

Oscar is tying himself in knots, sticking to a strategy, being unable to answer 'yes/no' questions and implying police tampering when he is either unable or unwilling to attest to the state of the scene before the police arrived. If he doesn't know where stuff was then how can he say the police moved it? ... Ohhhh, that's right! His 'experts' are going to do that!

I am pretty taken with Nel.. I think it was you too Chcha who said something similar.. and if he goes on like to day ...I will be in love...
    :blush:;-)
  • Options
    sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i can't believe OP's family reached out to June Steenkamp to ask if she needed support....

I mean why would she want anything to do with that family or man?
  • Options
    AJ_TvllAJ_Tvll Posts: 3,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why didn't Roux ask Pistorius more questions in the witness box?

What kinds of questions ?
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 54,990
    Forum Member
    porky42 wrote: »
    Thinking about this a bit more didn't he say something like he hadn't seen the room in the light since the incident? Might be mistaken but some comment like this stuck in my head.

He did, even if it was dark, surely he'd know if he left things lying around like that in the photo?
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soap!!!!....I loved it.....was that the 70's??? :(

The answer to this, and much more in tomorrow's thrilling episode
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We saw a flash or arrogance when Nel re-asked.. (I think it was about the accidental shooting).... OP said "You have asked three times and I have answered!. I can definitely see OP arguing with Nel on a higher level further on... it will be his downfall.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sammyvine wrote: »
    i can't believe OP's family reached out to June Steenkamp to ask if she needed support....

They are disrespectful and crass.

He's being tried for murdering her.

Dreadful lot of ghastly jumped up roughs with dosh, seems to me
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was a fantastic moment-pure mastery on nel's part. You're right, OP's dependency on his expert team to make all things well....you could almost hear him protesting that this was unfair...didn't we realise he was paying them a lot of money to get him off!!!
  • Options
    jazzyjakejazzyjake Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP's self pity is neausating

You would think he was the victim if you didnt know anything about the trial. Very arrogant and pompous man.

I remember his London 2012 meltdown. Very troubled man.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the lie around the fan and the plug is undeniable though.....and he's conceded he never went outside...and if none of that's true the rest can't e true either. OP has fallen at the first link in his change of events and I can't see how he can rectify that....especially as roux can't guide him now. In fact I don't think Roux would dare to try and covertly advise him whilst under cross examination as I think Nel would sniff it out and Roux would come under fire.... so to speak!

The LIE !?

Confusion over a fan and a plug socket from 14 months ago ?

Jesus , I can barely recall the details of my mother's death around 2 years ago !!

Our minds do strange things during and after high stress incidents ..
  • Options
    josjos Posts: 9,992
    Forum Member
    I wonder that as well. In fact all the journos were tweeting that Roux would tie up all the loose ends and that he still had quite a lot to cover...ut he didn't. the weirdest thing is he didn't even mention the gun license test which is considered one of the most damning pieces of evidence.

Maybe he's got fed up with OP as a hopeless case. like the rest of us
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sammyvine wrote: »

A move instigated by Roux no doubt.... good public relations... for the cameras
  • Options
    porky42porky42 Posts: 12,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We should write a DS handbook on "How to Win (or Lose) Your Court Case".. depending on the outcome... plenty of experts on here... all of us!!
    it really is great sharing and hearing views, but I am spending much too much time.. as we all are.. very addictive..

I'm sure both Nel and Roux are already reading our posts :cool:
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I wonder that as well. In fact all the journos were tweeting that Roux would tie up all the loose ends and that he still had quite a lot to cover...ut he didn't. the weirdest thing is he didn't even mention the gun license test which is considered one of the most damning pieces of evidence.

It's weird. I expected Roux would go into a lot of details e.g. why he phoned Stander first instead of Netcare. So many things that have been raised on here haven't been mentioned by Roux leaving the possibility that Nel will raise them for the first time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexis07 wrote: »
    The LIE !?

Confusion over a fan and a plug socket from 14 months ago ?

Jesus , I can barely recall the details of my mother's death around 2 years ago !!

Our minds do strange things during and after high stress incidents ..

Are you on trial then? Have you been watching the evidence in your own trial?

Would you have thought you needed to have a bit of a look and think?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I believe Pistorius then said the other fan (do we know which one was plugged into extension?) could've been plugged into a socket on the other wall. Nel then said 'well we'll return to that later'. I'm not convinced by the fan business at the moment as the evidence just isn't there.

a) Going out onto the balcony:

In his bail affidavit, in two places Oscar Pistorius said that he went out onto the balcony to bring the fan in:

- During the early morning hours of 14 February 2013, I woke up, went onto the balcony to bring the fan in and closed the sliding doors, the blinds and the curtains...

- With the benefit of hindsight I believe that Reeva went to the toilet when I went out on the balcony to bring the fan in.

Roux also stated this again in his cross-examination of warrant officer Botha in Oscar Pistorius' presence:

- Did you care to test his version in the following respect ... you're outside on the balcony and you bring the fan in.

Under cross-examination at the trial, Oscar Pistorius stated that he had not gone onto the balcony:

- If somebody said I went onto the balcony to fetch the fans, that wouldn’t be true.

Oscar Pistorius stated that Roux had made the mistake in the affidavit and at the bail hearing and that he had not gone out onto the balcony.

That is problematic as it is mentioned in two places that he went out onto the balcony in Oscar Pistorius' bail affidavit, which he should have checked was accurate.

b) Number of fans

Oscar Pistorius' bail affidavit stated twice that he brought in one fan. However, in his evidence at the trial, Oscar Pistorius referred to two fans.

In cross-examination, Oscar Pistorius stated that he had referred in his bail hearing affidavit to bringing in one fan from the balcony as only one fan had a leg on the balcony and the other one was on the carpet and was not outside.

However, this explanation is inconsistent with Oscar Pistorius' plea statement where he stated:

- I brought two fans in from the balcony

In addition to the inconsistencies, if Oscar was in the bedroom when Reeva got up, it would make it much more likely that he would notice (e.g. hear or see) her going into the bathroom, and it would be much more likely that he would hear the sound of the toilet flushing if she had gone to the toilet.
  • Options
    AJ_TvllAJ_Tvll Posts: 3,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am pretty taken with Nel.. I think it was you too Chcha who said something similar.. and if he goes on like to day ...I will be in love...
    :blush:;-)

Too bad OP can't talk to his attorneys… they could tell him that he will spend many more days being cross-examined by Nel if he continues not to answer the questions and gives him more ammunition every time he rambles outside the scope of the question :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the dark side. ;-)

Just The Two Of Us ....
  • Options
    jazzyjakejazzyjake Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are disrespectful and crass.

He's being tried for murdering her.

Dreadful lot of ghastly jumped up roughs with dosh, seems to me

I can understand sometimes when your family member has committed an evil act you reach out to the victims families...i remember reading the sandy hook shooter's father offered to meet with the victims families....

but OP's family just give me the creeps. It seems they are pro him and even though i don't know it wouldn't surprise me if they couldn't give two shoots about RS and her family. They just don't want their boy to be locked up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lynwood3 wrote: »
    The answer to this, and much more in tomorrow's thrilling episode
    hoorah!!! transported.......
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    AJ_Tvll wrote: »
    What kinds of questions ?

Oh god, I don't know now off the top of my head. I mentioned one about why he phoned Stander first instead of Netcare. I was expecting Roux to take Pistorius through the events question by question rather than leaving Pistorius to deliver what was essentially a monologue.
  • Options
    josjos Posts: 9,992
    Forum Member
    Bex7t6 wrote: »
    Hmm I know they're not supposed to but........;-)

Plus they could give instructions via his friends and family
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Another paraphrasing of the trial -

Oscar - The police tampered with the scene.

Nel - What did they move?

Oscar - I don't know. I don't know where things were.

Nel - Then how do you know the police tampered with them?

Oscar - My experts will tell you that.

Nel - How do they know where things were?

Oscar - Oh .... ummm ... errrr ... They are elves! No, pixies! ... Oh, I don't know. All this stress is affecting my memory you know ... sob ... retch ....
This discussion has been closed.