Britains worst parkers

Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2684540/Get-drivers-road-Hilarious-examples-Britains-worst-parking-including-one-parked-concrete-bollard.html

One of my biggest bugbears is bad parking but this did make me laugh. How on earth did many of those drivers end up thinking their parking was ok? :confused:

Comments

• TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slow news day for the Mail?
  • venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annoyingly, that article keeps referring to the 'curb'. It's kerb in English.

http://www.grammar-monster.com/easily_confused/curb_kerb.htm

If you're on Twitter have a look at @YPLAC.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get the pic of the badly parked car in an empty car park, what does it matter no ones there
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of them seem more like crashes then parking
  • rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of people park their smart cars sideways, it usually fits in though maybe that bay was a bit smaller than usual
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get the pic of the badly parked car in an empty car park, what does it matter no ones there

Cock-eyed parking annoys me something chronic wherever it is. The car park may be empty, but it shows a rather selfish attitude.
    Some deliberately straddle the line to stop others using the adjacent bays, but some people are incapable of parking straight. I once watched a young chap zoom into a bay and start to walk away with his car at about 30 degrees off, so its nose and tail were blocking the next bays.
    I light-heartedly said 'cor, you not leaving it like that are you?' and he looked back and said 'Oh, I see what you mean' and got back in to park better.
    I walked off, but the next time I passed the bay his car was even worse! :confused:
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And for those who have never visited the YPAC website just be aware that, as they say on the telly, "contains very strong language" :o:D

The C is that very naughty word for a certain part of the female anatomy that is also applied to persons of a particularly annoying, unpleasant or stupid nature.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Still no excuse for not being able to fit a car between two white lines
  • venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisjr wrote: »
    The C is that very naughty word for a certain part of the female anatomy that is also applied to persons of a particularly annoying, unpleasant or stupid nature.

Haha, yes I forgot to mention - don't go there if easily offended :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Still no excuse for not being able to fit a car between two white lines

what so if yours was the only car in a car park big enough for 100 you would bother to get in perfectly :confused: I would understand in a supermarket car park but an empty one is a waste of time.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what so if yours was the only car in a car park big enough for 100 you would bother to get in perfectly :confused: I would understand in a supermarket car park but an empty one is a waste of time.

Absolutely yes I would. Bad parking is one of the things that winds me up more than anything and I couldn't not park properly, even if I was the only person in the car park. Plus, just because it's empty now, it might get busier later
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sometimes they park on a broad corner when everybody else parked on the whole kerb as well. But when everybody else leaves, that car looks stoopid
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I would too. It's a matter of not being selfish and of pride, but obviously you wouldn't understand that. Who's to know that the car park wouldn't suddenly fill up while you're away and someone might need that space?
    Nah, sod 'em eh? I'm alright Jack
  • Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member

Excellent website!! :D
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YPLAC is a great website, I go there every couple of days and have even posted a few myself.
    Back on Topic.

I always to park as straight & between the lines as I can. I pride myself on being able to do it. Some of those pictures in the Daily Mail are stupid.
    Would really leave your car on a bollard or a wall? Surely not. Would surprise me if the Mail did it themselves to get a story.
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also take great care to park well. Partly it's because it minimises the chance of some pratt hitting me when they open their door but mostly it's because I'd be embarrassed to leave my vehicle in such a position.
  • feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Female Guinness Book of Records

Car Parking

The smallest kerbside space successfully reversed into by a woman was one of 19.36m (63ft 2ins), equivalent to three standard parking spaces, by Mrs. Elizabeth Simpkins, driving an unmodified Vauxhall Nova 'Swing' on 12th October 1993. She started the manoeuvre at 11.15am in Ropergate, Pontefract, and successfully parked within three feet of the pavement 8 hours 14 minutes later.There was slight damage to the bumpers and wings of her own and two adjoining cars, as well as a shop frontage and two lamp posts. .:p:D