Nashville Season 2 - More4 - UK PACE [No Spoilers]

Comments

• olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nyannie wrote: »
    So much to think about. I never even 'twigged' about the camera in the bedroom. Guess I had tuned off the Will and Layla storyline.

I really hope that Rayna and Deacon get together before the end of next series. It will also be interesting to see what happens with Juliette's pregnancy!

Hayden is possibly pregnany according to media reports but there is no indication that Juliette is :)
  • SgtRockSgtRock Posts: 11,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I enjoyed the season finale, and can't wait for the next one!

Did anyone else spot the names of the two albums as they appeared fleetingly on those small plastic cards? Will's is called "Willin'", and Rayna's is called "The Parts I Remember". It would be nice to go into HMV tomorrow and pick those up...
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for season 3. Hayden is just so good as juliette. Hope she doesn't leave for heroes reborn. Juliette is a much better character than claire bennett. Plus hayden is doing 2 things she loves, acting and singing. Why would she want to leave unless nashville is cancelled of course which I hope it isn't.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ An article from April says Hayden won't be doing Heroes Reborn. That's good news for Nashville fans. I can't imagine though that the show would ever go on without her!
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    ^ An article from April says Hayden won't be doing Heroes Reborn. That's good news for Nashville fans. I can't imagine though that the show would ever go on without her!

I for one am glad.
  • JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit of a disappointing final episode apart from Juliette yet again stealing the show, this time showing her vulnerabilty in very emotional scenes with Avery.

Agree that Jeff and Luke seem to be in cahoots and although I don't like Layla I did feel a bit sorry for her when Will said he was gay, her facial expression said it all.
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    SgtRock wrote: »
    Well, I enjoyed the season finale, and can't wait for the next one!

Did anyone else spot the names of the two albums as they appeared fleetingly on those small plastic cards? Will's is called "Willin'", and Rayna's is called "The Parts I Remember". It would be nice to go into HMV tomorrow and pick those up...

We didn't get one of the episodes where cast members (except for Connie and Haydn) sang some of the songs from the series. Evidently the same cast members are doing some concerts in the US so hopefully we will be able to buy an album sometime.
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nyannie wrote: »
    We didn't get one of the episodes where cast members (except for Connie and Haydn) sang some of the songs from the series. Evidently the same cast members are doing some concerts in the US so hopefully we will be able to buy an album sometime.

It wasn't strictly an episode but a NBC special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qonSmP8CIfA
  • Mr CellophaneMr Cellophane Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden was definitely in the concert - did several numbers as I recall. Connie was ill at the time apparently.

I seem to be in a minority who will be pleased if Scarlett stays, but I really want her to sing, not just mope around and waitress a bit.

Hoping that the gay revelation will mean the end of Layla (pointless character, bland voice.)
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who do people rate as singers in the show?

My Top 3 Females are:

1. Scarlett
    2. Juliette
    3. Zoey

My Top 3 Males are:

1. Deacon
    2. Will
    3. Gunnar
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ooh difficult

1 - Zoey
    2 - Scarlett
    3 - Juliette

1 - Deacon
    2 - Avery
    3 - Gunnar
  • LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    1. Zoey
    2. Juliette
    3. Rayna

1. Avery
    2. Gunnar
    3. Deacon
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Scarlett
    2. Zoey
    3. Juliette

1. Gunnar
    2. Deacon
    3.Will

Best duets:

1. Scarlett & Gunnar
    2. Maddie & Daphne
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Juliette
    2. Reyna
    3. Scarlett

1. Deacon
    2. Avery
    3. Gunner

The turn around in Avery has been fantastic. Complete git when the show first started, now one of my favourites.
  • LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »

The turn around in Avery has been fantastic. Complete git when the show first started, now one of my favourites.

I'll second that hence me putting Avery first in my list, which I wouldn't have done in the majority of series one.
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Juliette
    2. Scarlett
    3. Zoey

1. Gunnar
    2. Avery (I do prefer Avery's character but think Gunnar has a better voice :p)
    3. Will
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »

It's crazy how one character can turn around in just one season I HATED Avery in s1 but now he's my favourite character alongside Juliette :D
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    natalie77 wrote: »
    It's crazy how one character can turn around in just one season I HATED Avery in s1 but now he's my favourite character alongside Juliette :D

I agree, but do like Deacon and Rayna. Do hope Layla isn't on in Series 3 - would like Will to disappear too - found him annoying rather than sympathetic.
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great to see people's best singer choices, quite a bit of variety there!! Overall Juliette seems to be a real favourite female and Deacon a very popular male; can't disagree with those choices!!

As for duets I love Rayna/ Deacon together as well as Juliette/Avery and Scarlett/Gunnar.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Helloooo, sorry I'm new to this thread because I watch at US pace, but now the final has aired I can come in here and chat!
    I thought it was quite anti-climactic, I didn't even realise it was the final episode when watching at US pace...
    I really can't stand Zoey.
    Favourite singers
    Female
    1. Juliette
    2. Scarlett
    3. Rayna

Male
    1. Gunnar
    2. Deacon
    3. Avery
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helloooo, sorry I'm new to this thread because I watch at US pace, but now the final has aired I can come in here and chat!
    I thought it was quite anti-climactic, I didn't even realise it was the final episode when watching at US pace...

I really can't stand Zoey.
    Favourite singers
    Female
    1. Juliette
    2. Scarlett
    3. Rayna

Male
    1. Gunnar
    2. Deacon
    3. Avery

hello and welcome
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This sounds like it'll be good to see it'll tell for sure who can (or can't ;-)) sing on the show :D

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a583569/nashville-season-3-to-launch-with-live-music-broadcast.html#~oJIrYabMNjekyB
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had kept it to myself but now the finale has aired, I'm gonna mention it.

Since Luke Wheeler first appeared, I have always had a suspicion that he was more interested in Daphne (the youngest daughter) rather than Rayna IFKWIM? They seemed to have them hugging a lot in background shots, so I assumed it was for a forthcoming storyline.

Obviously I'm wrong (unless they're keeping something back for S3).
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrMarple wrote: »

Since Luke Wheeler first appeared, I have always had a suspicion that he was more interested in Daphne (the youngest daughter) rather than Rayna IFKWIM? They seemed to have them hugging a lot in background shots, so I assumed it was for a forthcoming storyline.

I really do not think this show would go down that route for a story line. No way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrMarple wrote: »

:confused::confused: no idea what that means - sorry

I dont think Nashville would go down that route either