Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    I LOOOVE 'Rated R' and I loved Rihanna during that era...'Loud' was a step down, but TTT sounds like an even bigger step down.Apart from 4 tracks that sound brilliant, the other 6 sound forgettable tbh...I want 'Rated R' Rihanna to replace the girl that sells cake, gets excited by whips and chains and wants to make me her bitch :o
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    When you call my name it's like a little prayer!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    When you call my name it's like a little prayer!

Down on my knees, i wanna take you there
    Forum Member
    Down on my knees, i wanna take you there

In the midnight hour I can feel your power
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O.Michel wrote: »
    I LOOOVE 'Rated R' and I loved Rihanna during that era...'Loud' was a step down, but TTT sounds like an even bigger step down.Apart from 4 tracks that sound brilliant, the other 6 sound forgettable tbh...I want 'Rated R' Rihanna to replace the girl that sells cake, gets excited by whips and chains and wants to make me her bitch :o

By those snippets you cannot tell...You Da One sounded awful as a snippet....but as a full one i feel so....summery with it you know? I think TTT will be much better than Loud!

Loud was like Riris Circus! personally...commercial for commercial sake really...solid but not concise! I want mroe Rated R RIhanna....and i think this is more of that with this...cannot wait for it!

But MTV comparing anything to Erotica is foolishness :mad::rolleyes: but glad tis still very much acknowledged all the same :cool:

But i can safetly say Riri is more than just titilation like MS Perry....she can be daring when she wanna be :P

IWANTMOREMADONNANEWSSOON!!!!!

Just like a prayer you know i will take you there!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reading this -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15704029

has me buzzing for the new era.... while the link isnt "madonna associated" necessarily...it is exciting because Universal and Madonna are teaming up and literally 2012 is just gonna see Madonna take on new areas and explore new territories with Universal and Live Nation etc.

Was watching it on BBC News earlier with EMI being sold to Universal Records too....Music is adapting an changing...and Madonans vision has always been about moving forward and reflecting its part of who SHE is...and i just love how she is always and ahs always been this way....BACK in 1984 when she took on James Brown in THAT conference....we all knew she was the face/artist of the future :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving how more people are posting on the main Madonna thread pages as well as here too haha!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nile Rodgers talking about his life as an artist (CHIC), his infleunces, his personnal life and his wrok as producer (Diana Ross, David Bowie, Sister Sledge etc etc).

The video interview is about 20 mins long and from about 13 mins he begins to talk about his great friend and the biggest artist he ever worked with.....I wonder who?

Its very interesting and frank....enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC8judo079Q
  • TheChicagoBaronTheChicagoBaron Posts: 1,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leosw4 wrote: »
    Nile Rodgers talking about his life as an artist (CHIC), his infleunces, his personnal life and his wrok as producer (Diana Ross, David Bowie, Sister Sledge etc etc).

The video interview is about 20 mins long and from about 13 mins he begins to talk about his great friend and the biggest artist he ever worked with.....I wonder who?

Its very interesting and frank....enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC8judo079Q

I have his book, where he talks about club-hopping with her in NYC.:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have his book, where he talks about club-hopping with her in NYC.:cool:

Cool-I'm ordering it later.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leosw4 wrote: »
    Cool-I'm ordering it later.

He's a very cool guy, and also made my favourite disco song ever.:cool:
    Forum Member
    I'm burning up! Burning up for your love!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't even know, I'm alive!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having listened to gmayl about 60 times lol i have to say its defo a grower and its also defo a demo and i think it was leaked on purpose ..when has a lead single of madonnas ever leaked so in advance ..she and her team just wouldnt risk it ....i bet the actual song is miles different to gmayl demo ...it must be otherwise she wouldnt have allowed it to leak so in advance ??? i hope thats the case ...
    Forum Member
    You don't even know, I'm alive!

And this pounding in my heart just won't die!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm burning up! Burning up for your love!

Love it
    Forum Member
    Love it

It is a very underrated song wish she'd re-released it like what she did with Holiday and Borderline
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. And Everybody as well
    Forum Member
    I agree. And Everybody as well

Yes although I'm not a giant fan of Everybody :o they really needed international attention
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a very cool guy, and also made my favourite disco song ever.:cool:

Actually mine as well.I would ask which one but I'm going off topic.....:o
    Forum Member
    http://www.ourvanity.com/beauty/hair/madonnas-hairstyle-evolution/ Love it! As you may know I'm obsessed with Madonna's hair over the years, I think at times she took risks with hair styles let alone changes in music and speaking out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great link

My fav style of hers was when she went short with True Blue/Erotica/Bedtime stories. Plus she was heavily influenced by Monroe in her style.
    Forum Member
    Great link

My fav style of hers was when she went short with True Blue/Erotica/Bedtime stories.

Forgot how short her hair was for The Girlie Show! Her hair only months before on the SNL performance was very long and beautiful if I was Madonna I couldn't have brought myself to cut it all off :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite from that link is the pantsuit photo from Express Yourself, 1989. That just defines her, really.
    Forgot how short her hair was for The Girlie Show! Her hair only months before on the SNL performance was very long and beautiful if I was Madonna I couldn't have brought myself to cut it all off :eek:

She said it was because around Fever she dyed it red, and then letting it grow out, but as it did it got frail where she dyed it so she just cut it off at that point.
    Forum Member
    My favourite from that link is the pantsuit photo from Express Yourself, 1989. That just defines her, really.

She said it was because around Fever she dyed it red, and then letting it grow out, but as it did it got frail where she dyed it so she just cut it off at that point.

Ah interesting! I always thought she wore a wig in the Fever video. Personally my favorites Madonna hairstyle is the Like a Prayer video, it just looked so natural and really suited her
This discussion has been closed.