Options

Pauline's argument with Jale

patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So I put myself through BOTS yet again because that woeful excuse for an interviewer obviously neglected the question that needed to be asked; then so did they! >:(

The loud row between Pauline and Jale began because Pauline was having a go in bed at Jale for hogging the bedclothes. She then flatly denied that she'd said that and because Jale couldn't exactly reword it to demonstrate what Pauline so obviously meant, Pauline got away with it in the house.

Then she got away with it in the Emma interview. Pauline even threw in that Jale would alter the facts by humming and hawing. The facts were that Jale heard Pauline completely correctly.

>:( These people are paid well to do their jobs and they're shoite :D

Comments

• Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Basically from what I have watched this is what I have decduced.

From the get got an opinion was formed of certain people by others without getting to know them. This formed their opinion of these people and they were sticking to their guns regardless.

So when Jale firstly stepped up to Pauline to discuss their issue, Pauline had decided JAle was in the wrong, and therefore Jale's fate was sealed.

And to go back on that idea would be to make herself look foolish and to vindicate Jale, which would hand her a pass from eviction, and seal their own fate.

ultimately it was and is their own hubris and ignorance that has been the architect of their own demise.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully they'll go into it in more detail tomorrow night, though I'm not holding my breath. Didn't Rylan say tonight that it's only fair we let Pauline see some of these clips:confused: So I take it they might show her what she said in the bedroom & garden tomorrow night.
  • Options
    SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't worry Patsy. Wait til tomorrow night's Bit On The Psyche when Louisa and Ian get their hands on Pauline. I don't think they'll be so wooly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Basically from what I have watched this is what I have decduced.

From the get got an opinion was formed of certain people by others without getting to know them. This formed their opinion of these people and they were sticking to their guns regardless.

So when Jale firstly stepped up to Pauline to discuss their issue, Pauline had decided JAle was in the wrong, and therefore Jale's fate was sealed.

And to go back on that idea would be to make herself look foolish and to vindicate Jale, which would hand her a pass from eviction, and seal their own fate.

ultimately it was and is their own hubris and ignorance that has been the architect of their own demise.

Totally agree. Pauline couldn't admit she was wrong. I still believe it was Helen's perceived eye rolling of Jale's, that was passed on to Pauline, that was the very tenuous thing that kept the persecution of Jale going.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure why nobody broached the subject of HOW she delivered the killer nom. We all know she had to pick someone but she plummeted in my estimation the way she sat there smirking aggressively hoping Jale would kick off. Let's not forget she went round everyone saying 'Wait for tonight - it's gonna kick off'. Nasty, spiteful woman who LIED when she said she didn't make judgements on the VT's. she had Jale down as aggressive and she made sure everyone knew!
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't Jale mishear Pauline?

At the time I thought that Pauline was complaining about Ashleigh hogging the bedclothes?

This is one time when Pauline may have been right, and that Jale just assumed that she was talking about her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She absolutely relished in that killer nomination and than she said in her interview when asked if it wasn't Jale who else would she have nominated, she said no one.
    Says it all really, her hatred towards Jale was single and bloody minded.
    So glad she's out.
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

At the time I thought that Pauline was complaining about Ashleigh hogging the bedclothes?

This is one time when Pauline may have been right, and that Jale just assumed that she was talking about her.

It was the other way round, Pauline complaining about Jale hogging the bedclothes. I think Ashleigh was asleep at the time so why Pauline was so concerned and even had to mention it was quite beyond me.:confused:
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    If Jale was muttering retorts, so what if she was, Pauline went gossiping and whispering to different groups alienating Jale and Jale had to just take it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it very hard to believe that Pauline would have refused to nominate anyone else for the Killer Nomination if Jale wasn't there. I simply don't buy it.
  • Options
    WeeJintyMcGintyWeeJintyMcGinty Posts: 3,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the intent from Pauline in the original comment was pretty clear and it was a jibe at Jale but when Jale confronted her about it, Pauline didn't deny making a comment but denied it was about Jale. If I've remembered it right then technically Pauline didn't lie as she never actually mentioned Jale by name.

I could be wrong though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    If Jale was muttering retorts, so what if she was, Pauline went gossiping and whispering to different groups alienating Jale and Jale had to just take it?

True. Pauline told Rylan that she only treated Jale badly because Jale was making little digs at her or something. But we could see from many clips that Pauline was spreading muck about Jale to various groups of people in the house and Jale wasn't even there.
    She even told tales to the group of housemates who were closest to Jale at the point.
  • Options
    Forum Member

No she didn't mishear at all .......for all Pauline goes on about honesty - she lied through her teeth. She was saying that poor Ashleigh was bare arsed and hanging out the edge of the bed with no covers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it very hard to believe that Pauline would have refused to nominate anyone else for the Killer Nomination if Jale wasn't there. I simply don't buy it.

Pauline talking cack again. They would have made her nominate, they were quick this evening to tell Toya and Matthew that one of them would face eviction if they couldn't come to a decision, no doubt they would have said something similar to Pauline.
  • Options
    EnidanEnidan Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Pauline's comment was that poor Ashleigh must be cold as she had no covers, insinuating that Jale was hogging them. It was clearly meant as an indirect insult to Jale.
    Pauline is obviously practiced at indirect insults because she could not wait to point out gleefully that she had never even mentioned Jale's name.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,857
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure why nobody broached the subject of HOW she delivered the killer nom. We all know she had to pick someone but she plummeted in my estimation the way she sat there smirking aggressively hoping Jale would kick off. Let's not forget she went round everyone saying 'Wait for tonight - it's gonna kick off'. Nasty, spiteful woman who LIED when she said she didn't make judgements on the VT's. she had Jale down as aggressive and she made sure everyone knew!

Yes I agree with you Penny. She leaned back and put her hands behind her head with the satisfied air of a job well done. That to me was like rubbing salt in the wounds. I thought it might be a sort of defensive thing at the time. Maybe it was a sort of bravado it felt unnecessary and cruel to be so defiant.

I think thereafter she had to defend her actions by convincing herself and others that Jale had some flaw that justified the decision. Making Jale into some sort of fundamentally bad person enabled her to feel she had done something for some greater good.

From what I saw of her tonight on BBOTS and eviction interview I think the woman is a bit puddled.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No she didn't mishear at all .......for all Pauline goes on about honesty - she lied through her teeth. She was saying that poor Ashleigh was bare arsed and hanging out the edge of the bed with no covers.

Are you sure though? I'm not saying you're wrong, but when the clip was shown on the HL show it showed a flashback and I could have sworn that the subtitles showed that Pauline was grumbling about Ashleigh, and not Jale. Is there a clip anywhere which can confirm to me that I am wrong?

I just want to be sure for myself.
    I get the feeling from what you've said that I probably have got it wrong though.
    I wouldn't be surprised as Pauline has told a lot of lies in there, and is incredibly still repeating them now that she's out of the house.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes I agree with you Penny. She leaned back and put her hands behind her head with the satisfied air of a job well done. That to me was like rubbing salt in the wounds. I thought it might be a sort of defensive thing at the time. Maybe it was a sort of bravado it felt unnecessary and cruel to be so defiant.

I think thereafter she had to defend her actions by convincing herself and others that Jale had some flaw that justified the decision. Making Jale into some sort of fundamentally bad person enabled her to feel she had done something for some greater good.

From what I saw of her tonight on BBOTS and eviction interview I think the woman is a bit puddled.

Yes ...........you'd have thought (even if she didn't mean it) she could have been a little conciliatory and said something along the lines of 'I'm so sorry - I had to pick someone and you're the only one I could find a reason for'.

But no - she sat there all smug and defiant daring Jale to challenge her decision.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes ...........you'd have thought (even if she didn't mean it) she could have been a little conciliatory and said something along the lines of 'I'm so sorry - I had to pick someone and you're the only one I could find a reason for'.

But no - she sat there all smug and defiant daring Jale to challenge her decision.

Given they were virtual strangers and given that she had the excuse of having to pick someone under pressure etc, I would have expected a normal, decent, well mannered person, without an axe to grind, would have been apologetic and contrite to the person they nominated.
  • Options
    Lozzo99Lozzo99 Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd go as far as to say Pauline is a compulsive liar. Her ease at denying or deflecting every accusation thrown at her even when they are correct indicates this.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,998
    Forum Member

Of course not :cool: She just didn't want to name anyone now which of course has the effect of reinforcing exactly how awful Jale is that no one else could possibly be nominated in her place. It's true what posters are saying: Pauline decided Jale was bad and couldn't and wouldn't go back on that. It's so very childish when you think about it which ironically is exactly what she called Jale.

I thought it was interesting when she described what Jale had said to her over the chicken incident and then they repeated the VT we had seen where Jale was pretty mild tbh. Pauline created an enemy and has and is sticking to her guns. Let's see if she wavers at all after seeing what we have and being interviewed tomorrow.
  • Options
    cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Pauline chose Jale as the killer nomination in an attempt to curry favour with the rest of the housemates, she assumed that Jale (from her VT perhaps) was going to be difficult, argumentative and aggressive, when it turned out that Jale took the whole thing quite well she was desperate to prove to everyone that her original opinion on Jale was correct.

She accused her of taking more than her fair share of food, Ash ( I think) commented that he had actually taken more than Jale, she then tried sniping about her in secret to other housemates, the duvet snatching being one such example, she didn't bargain for Jale over hearing her, then when Jale confronted her quite calmly and reasonably she floundered around still trying to prove her point,

She is now going to rely on the fact that without 24 hour live feed there is lots the public haven't seen including the comments she alleges Jale has been making about her all week which Pauline doesn't seem able to actually repeat!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cobis wrote: »
    I think Pauline chose Jale as the killer nomination in an attempt to curry favour with the rest of the housemates, she assumed that Jale (from her VT perhaps) was going to be difficult, argumentative and aggressive, when it turned out that Jale took the whole thing quite well she was desperate to prove to everyone that her original opinion on Jale was correct.

She accused her of taking more than her fair share of food, Ash ( I think) commented that he had actually taken more than Jale, she then tried sniping about her in secret to other housemates, the duvet snatching being one such example, she didn't bargain for Jale over hearing her, then when Jale confronted her quite calmly and reasonably she floundered around still trying to prove her point,

She is now going to rely on the fact that without 24 hour live feed there is lots the public haven't seen including the comments she alleges Jale has been making about her all week which Pauline doesn't seem able to actually repeat!

Made me laugh tonight when every clip of her moaning about how greedy certain HMs were she had her chops full.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Made me laugh tonight when every clip of her moaning about how greedy certain HMs were she had her chops full.:)

I know .. :) There has been some really good editing this season.
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you sure though? I'm not saying you're wrong, but when the clip was shown on the HL show it showed a flashback and I could have sworn that the subtitles showed that Pauline was grumbling about Ashleigh, and not Jale. Is there a clip anywhere which can confirm to me that I am wrong?

I just want to be sure for myself.
    I get the feeling from what you've said that I probably have got it wrong though.
    I wouldn't be surprised as Pauline has told a lot of lies in there, and is incredibly still repeating them now that she's out of the house.

I'm about as sure as I can be; without seeing the clip back. My recollection was that Pauline woke up in the morning and spotted an ideal opportunity to have a go at Jale and said that Ashleigh had no bedclothes on her and the clear inference was that Jale was hogging them. I remember this because, when the argument in the garden happened, she blatantly lied about this. I may be wrong, but I really don't think I am on this occasion.