Amanda Barrie to marry long term partner

Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/coronation-street-star-amanda-barrie-3846230

Congratulations to them both. Can't believe she's nearly 80 :)

Comments

• Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck to both of them.

Amanda's autobiography 'It's Not a Rehearsal' remains one of the better autobios I have read (and I have read many) ....

She is one heck of a funny lady! :cool:
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, the definitive Cleopatra and the most gorgeous employee of GlamCabs. I always liked Amanda. Good, funny actress.

Good for her. Also pleased to see the thread because tbh I had the vague notion she was no longer with us, gawd knows why. Hope she's about and happy for many more years!
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Ah, the definitive Cleopatra and the most gorgeous employee of GlamCabs. I always liked Amanda. Good, funny actress.

Good for her. Also pleased to see the thread because tbh I had the vague notion she was no longer with us, gawd knows why. Hope she's about and happy for many more years!

She was on the Corrie documentary about Helen Worth (Gail) a few weeks back, and she looked fantastic - she's in very good knick for her age!
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pleased for them. About time, too!
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/coronation-street-star-amanda-barrie-3846230

Congratulations to them both. Can't believe she's nearly 80 :)

Aw that's so lovely. Lots of happiness to them. :)
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of my uncles was fixing the pavement in Newcastle way back in about 1969.

Facing him was The Theatre Royal, and who should come out but Amanda Barrie. Then not known for Corrie, but was known for her appearance in a Carry On film.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, there's some great one-liners in there.

Congrats to them. Always good to see people happy, settled, content. :)