BB and overt sexuality

2»

Comments

• DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bear with me, because my memory's shocking at the best of times. I'm looking for the many encyclopaedic BB fans to help me out on this one.

Exactly how overtly sexual is BBUK as a programme? I know there are constant comparisons made on here about how tame BBUK is; as against Scandinavian/Aussie/US programmes, but is it catching up? So far this series, we've had the shock of Helen's past, Kim and Steven's extremely strange sexual relationship, a modest fumbling of some sort between Mark and Christopher and, now, a woman asking for 'rubble sex'. I must admit that's a new one on me.

Thinking back, I remember Michelle and Stu causing quite a fuss when they disappeared under the table; but we saw very little. Then there were Chanelle and Ziggy's snogs and some feeble attempts from Brian and the twin, Paul and Helen and the utterly unbelievable JJJ (who we never actually saw do anything more than peck). I don't think Hazel and Daley actually got beyond extreme flirting.

This was occupying my mind in the car this morning as I drove to work and a young radio reporter (27) recounted a recent visit to Magalouf. She was talking about Leaving Cert (A level) holidays there and was blatantly flabbergasted at what she saw. 3am and a whole street full of topless young ones comatose with alcohol. I cast my mind back to myself in the late 80s/early 90s and can honestly say that there were young women who were a bit more liberated (completely the wrong word IMO, but you know what I mean). However, they were not particularly highly thought of for their actions. No-one in a million years would be cheering them on going 'you go gurl'.

I'm not a prude and I had my own fairly wild times but I really don't like this acceptance of cheap sex.

I spent ten minutes at the kitchen door this morning trying to figure out what it was I was going back to the bedroom for, so I may be forgetting some much more sexual past behaviour in BBUK. Am I?

Oh Patsy, I do love your thread and how you you talk about standing at the kitchen door for ten minutes this morning and trying to figure out why you were going back to the bedroom. Yes, we all have those forgetful moments don't we?

I am like you, I am no prude but why BB producers seem to think that we want to see explicit sex scenes on our tv I really don't know. But it does seem over the years we have seen quite a lot, right back to Jade in BB3 with PJ and the BJ. Kandas incident, although thank goodness they did not show it but talked about it.

But this year I think it's the bad language that has been really bad and from what I have read this has been heavily edited out too, (Helens bad language) but it does make you wonder how low they will stoop doesn't it?
  • PretzelPretzel Posts: 7,858
    Forum Member
    Three words. Toms red shorts.

That's my first memory of BB being overtly sexual anyway. Which may say more about me than anything else :blush:... but anyway.

BB has always toyed or flirted with overt sexuallity, it's always been oart of the game. Even the acknowledged most boring series showed Ray ermm... getting happy under the duvet. It's part of the show. Indeed it sometimes seems like the housemates have less 'sexual' fun now.

Past series haven't been completes with various housemates snogging whilst playing spin the bottle, semi naked mud wrestling, drunken naked showering together. I still remember Jonnie trying not to look down at Alex- lest he fail in comparison- and Jade openly ogling . TBH this years seems somewhat tame by comparison.

Or it could just be that I find Kim and Stevens bedtime routine the most unsexy/unconvincing thing since those MPs who used to kiss their wives in front of the press to prove that they are on the on straight and narrow.