Options

What is significance of the Kangaroo in Flash Forward? - Share Your Thoughts

SupportSupport Posts: 70,800
Administrator
What is significance of the Kangaroo in Flash Forward? Share your thoughts below for your chance to win a Philips BDP 3000 Blu-ray Player, thanks to Channel 5.

• The winner will be chosen randomly and notified by either phone or email after the closing date of 23rd March, 2010 at midnight.
  • By entering the competition the entrant agrees to the terms of our privacy policy.
  • This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom only. Please also note that there may only be one entry per household.
  • Hachette assumes that by submitting an entry the entrants hereby warrant that they are aged 18 or over.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I have seen a number of theories floating around about this ranging from a Kangaroo being from the land down under so might represent the 'Underworld' and hell coming to earth in Flashforward, Kangaroo's symbolising the 'jump' in memory and time, and the fact the the name Kangaroo derived from the natives not understanding Captain Cook and his officers when they asked about the creatures and tis is resonating through the cast.

Personally i think he is just looking for Skippy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    I am honestly baffled but I do know it's not getting my last Rolo. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Skippy would have solved Flash Forward by now!!! he is just mocking us :rolleyes:
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheaper to hire than a polar bear?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was a simple answer - that the world had gone topsy turvy and a kangaroo seen jumping down a street in America, instead of being in Australia just highlighted that in a really surreal way? :)
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am certain that the Kangaroo is an undercover FBI agent investigating Australian student visa's....:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I expect the answer will be something relatively simple. Like someone was taking it out for a walk and passed out when the flash happened, so it went for a stroll by itself.
  • Options
    harry*half*pintharry*half*pint Posts: 11,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Escaped from a zoo.
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wait, in a future episode it turns into a SeeSaw!

K
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had been wondering why there was kangaroo in the middle of he street. You don't generally see them hopping about in downtown Los Angeles. And I was doubtful it had the opportunity to escape from somewhere, so got me thinking was it some after-effect of the flashforward event?

Then again, perhaps there's an aussie theme going on there as the show boomeranged mid-season, going away, only to come back months later! ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I have absolutely no idea!!
  • Options
    Robert RomarinRobert Romarin Posts: 11,956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do we know it wasn't just another wallaby attempting opportunistically to 'hog' the shot?
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's cross-over story from CSI that is to be featured in Flashforward.

"He's smart, cunning and a marsupial by day. By night he's the savvy new member of the CSI franchise, CSI:Skippy"

"What's that Skip? The victim was probably run over by a ten year old Ford driven by a part-time female impersonator with a ten pack a day cheesy poofs habit?"
  • Options
    blightyearblightyear Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    It's just like the Cadbury's Chocolate Drumming Gorilla - it's there for thick people to stroke their chins and go "yes it's soooo meaningful, sooo deep" when in fact it has no meaning at all.
  • Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it back again soon, then?
  • Options
    gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They all turned Australian when the blackout happened?

I don't know, I just really want the Blu-ray player.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it represents the jump in time throughout the show and perhaps hints that it ids going to happen again. Also think it maybe a LOST reference similar to Vincents appearance in the pilot episode and the strong tie Australia has to that show.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A kangeroo features in flash forward because we "skippy thru time".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    It's a gag/red herring/ major character/giant mouse???

Either way, I am hooked.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hasnt a new epiosde aired in the states last nite? Why is it it not available to d/l anywhere today???
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a complex, psycho-sexual allusion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Waffles wrote: »
    Hasnt a new epiosde aired in the states last nite? Why is it it not available to d/l anywhere today???

1)Two episodes screened in the US.
    2)It is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The world has been turned upside down.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    The autistic boy's father has admitted that he was part of the group responsible for the Flash Forward. He seems to have an Aussie accent. Perhaps this is the tie in for the Kangaroo?

I guess we'll have to wait and see.... bring on Monday night!!
  • Options
    honeypothoneypot Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the bad guys hid the remote control for the Hadron collider in skip's pouch, occasionally as he hops around it gets flicked on and off causing flash forwards...Don't believe me? Watch the next flash forward I bet skip will be there along with his friends the red herrings!

It's a very slow Friday afternoon here:D