Product recall

tosha43tosha43 Posts: 353
Forum Member
Just got a letter from Virgin, about a dodgy power supply unit for the broadband modem anyone else had one.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It only applies to very old kit pre 2007 and only the one in the photograph in the link above most people will be unaffected.
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was the power supply I had but I recently upgraded to a Superhub.
  • spanglerokapispanglerokapi Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They sent me a new power pack...two days before they delivered a Superhub. Glad they're spending my money sensibly!
  • Fred SmithFred Smith Posts: 3,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks OP, not received this letter. Checked my PSU last might and found I need a new one. Just phoned up to find that the phone message refers you back to the website. So phoned again and pressed 'Option 1'. Was told they don't send out new PSU's :confused:. But instead will send me a Super Hub instead, not sure if that is actually a forward or backward step?
  • BenMcr77BenMcr77 Posts: 6,573
    Forum Member
    If you are on 20Mbit as your profile says, then getting a SuperHub is a positive as if it's XL 20 you'd need it anyway to get to XL 60

And if you are on M or L 20 there will then be options to move up to 30Mbit and above without having to get new kit at the change.
  • Fred SmithFred Smith Posts: 3,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was on 10 M, then that was changed to 10 L, had 20Mb update since middle of last year I think.

Only wanted a new PSU! As per the notice above.

Is there a charge to get 30Mb if I receive the Super hub as promised, I am now paying £23.65 with e-bill yet a new customer pays £22.50.
  • BenMcr77BenMcr77 Posts: 6,573
    Forum Member
    You'd have to check with Customer Services