Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 7)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But I want something totally original. I hate this modern "sampling" shiz.

Besides, the US needs a BIG song for the lead. Come on Syco.

Me too.

I expect they will be wanting to go with Move into the US, but Columbia might have something to say about it irrespective of UK success. I doubt they will get anywhere near the radio airplay necessary up front to give people chance to get their heads around Move, they could do with something more instant.

It'd be a shame to have a great album and screw everything up through poor single choices.

- tim
  • Options
    wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched X Factor. Downloading MOVE now :) That performance was off the scale. Loved it! Put other girlbands to shame tbh.

Jade is STUNNING. Just have to say :) Does anyone on this forum know if the Little Me is on YouTube yet. I can't find it :\

Edit link no longer works sorry fremantle has blocked it
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim - they're giving Move away FREE for the US preorder. I dont think it will be the lead for the US.
  • Options
    researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You did indeed. I have to admit I've never heard anyone think Jade's voice was stronger than Perrie's, though.
    It definitely was tonight. I seem to remember when they were contestants Perrie was the strongest (she and Jesy are the only ones whose names I know, so ta for that!)
  • Options
    JB92JB92 Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You did indeed. I have to admit I've never heard anyone think Jade's voice was stronger than Perrie's, though.

I think on tonight's performance, Jade gave the stronger vocal. Perrie seemed a little pitchy at times.
  • Options
    aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Me.

Gotta say it's a lovely song. Not sure about it being a single though. Blows my mind people say they can't sing.

- tim

If it's a ballad with gr8 vocal arrangements they should.
    Oh, and backed up with a great video, not some grown a** girls playing with dolls and fooling around lol
    Not a CYL #2
  • Options
    troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few people are saying on Twitter that Jade reminded them of Nadine from Girls Aloud tonight with the facial expressions she was pulling . I can't really see it personally but I do think she looks a bit like Cheryl.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tim - they're giving Move away FREE for the US preorder. I dont think it will be the lead for the US.

I didn't know that, well I am pretty happy with that. They need to treat the US campaign as a whole separate project imo. They should treat it like they are a new unheard artist trying to break out.

Can't imagine them going with Little Me as a lead single, think it might be 'Salute' as that sounds like the big statement track on the album.

- tim
    aldu wrote: »
    Oh, and backed up with a great video, not some grown a** girls playing with dolls and fooling around lol
    Not a CYL #2

Read the posts since on this about it being an almost identical arrangement to an old Cat Stevens record.

Still keen on it being released at this stage?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    little me is still trending worldwide, tough decision
    Yep but it is the young fans who will have got it trending who will already have the album so will not buy it again, they need a song which will attract a variety of fans and make a strong impression on people, little me is not that strong, I like it but it is a bit forgettable and doesn't make as much of an impact as move.
    JB92 wrote: »
    I think on tonight's performance, Jade gave the stronger vocal. Perrie seemed a little pitchy at times.
    I agree Jade was better tonight, perrie sounded like she was struggling a bit, maybe she was out of breath, Jade probably has more physical fitness than her since she has been a dancer since she was young.
  • Options
    old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
  • Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That X factor and even xtra were sooo much better than the Australia preformance. Vocally stronger then I expected.

....and yay for #3. I content with top 5 hopefully.

Thank god gagas "dope" promo can't chart. (Which is her best song from this new album but regardless)..

Edit;

No no "move" FREE with preorder still counts for sales.
    You will be able to buy move and not preorder. Just like gaga did with "applause".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aldu wrote: »
    Not a CYL #2

If they have to release a ballad, I would prefer if it was one with more mature lyrics that everyone can relate to, not just young girls, these four walls sounds like a good choice based on the reviews and the girls opinion of it.
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you're all getting a bit carried away about 'Little Me' sounding like Faure's 'Pavane' or Cat Stevens' 'Wild World'. Basing a song on a classical tune isn't that new anyway..Barry Manilow's 'Could it be Magic' or Eric Carmen's 'All By Myself'. Lyrically 'Little Me' is better and the chorus to 'Wild World' is quite different.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know that, well I am pretty happy with that. They need to treat the US campaign as a whole separate project imo. They should treat it like they are a new unheard artist trying to break out.

Can't imagine them going with Little Me as a lead single, think it might be 'Salute' as that sounds like the big statement track on the album.

- tim

From description alone, my candidates for the US lead:

'Salute'
    If there's one thing we weren't expecting a Little Mix album to open with, it's a Blitzkrieg siren. Nevertheless, the surprising intro fades into an effortlessly sassy call for ladies around the world to join their army. Lashings of clicking beats, electronic squiggles and a prowling guitar make the chorus an instant ear-grabber and one we reckon Beyoncé wouldn't cock a snook at. We're serious.

'Nothing Feels Like You'
    One of the first things we noticed was a strong whiff of Beyoncé's 'End Of Time', which is no bad thing at all. A massive carnival-worthy chorus mixed with a Lion King-inspired melody makes it one of the most euphoric cuts on the collection.

Euphoric. Very important as an instant read for the US. We Found Love is euphoric (if the lyrics are depressing).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avon942 wrote: »
    They were not miming at all.:)

Just on the chorus part. All you hear is the backing track.
    They have to use it to give the sound some weight and volume otherwise it would sound empty and out of breath harmonies.
    That would be absolutely awful.
    The only part they sing live it's for their solo parts or add libs.
    Proper live require backup singers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An eventful day for Jade.. lol

http://jesy-nelson.tumblr.com/post/65938272084
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    I think you're all getting a bit carried away about 'Little Me' sounding like Faure's 'Pavane' or Cat Stevens' 'Wild World'. Basing a song on a classical tune isn't that new anyway..Barry Manilow's 'Could it be Magic' or Eric Carmen's 'All By Myself'. Lyrically 'Little Me' is better and the chorus to 'Wild World' is quite different.

The verses are almost identical to Wild World's arrangement. And the common comment I've been reading online is "reminds me of something..."

Stay away Syco.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    old mixer wrote: »
    This thread seems to attract irritants - like mosquitoes, they come in , bite and bu**er off..
    Pity they aren't like bees - sting then die...........

They seem to appear whenever LM trends.
    What a dedication!
    I'd say welcome on board hater, we love you
  • Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The verses are almost identical to Wild World's arrangement. And the common comment I've been reading online is "reminds me of something..."

Stay away Syco.

Online where? On twitter it went down exceptionally well and not just with the youngsters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they were much better than I was expecting. Only the girl who sang first has a strong voice though, the others are quite weak compared to her.

It's simply because she sings the intro which does not require too much fitness work out.
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread has been really busy tonight!

Could be getting a Part 8 soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avon942 wrote: »
    Online where? On twitter it went down exceptionally well and not just with the youngsters.

Try this very thread a few pages back. And on other forums.
  • Options
    old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wise-up wrote: »
    I agree Jade was better tonight, perrie sounded like she was struggling a bit, maybe she was out of breath, Jade probably has more physical fitness than her since she has been a dancer since she was young.

Not going to disagree, but I think that when the girls' are really pushing their voices out, they seem to have a slight tendency to lose volume control - though I suppose it could actually be mic. issues....??
    Perrie has stated before that she is a bit of a couch potato, so that may account for sounding short of breath....if she's not exercising enough :p
  • Options
    felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    Just watched X Factor. Downloading MOVE now :) That performance was off the scale. Loved it! Put other girlbands to shame tbh.

Jade is STUNNING. Just have to say :) Does anyone on this forum know if the Little Me is on YouTube yet. I can't find it :\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzeyMd4mxVU

bad quality but its the only one I found :)
This discussion has been closed.